PDA

View Full Version : New MINI features

Wul
27th December 2003, 11:04 PM
Well while my car was in at easterns i had a yellow ONE courtesy car with 500 mile on the clock, heres my opinion of a few of the new features compared to my car:

Actual speed display on the digital display in the rev counter is cool - part of the obc pack.

Auto lock on the doors is a pita as you need to pull twice on the door to get out if the car is running and can't get into the boot too unless you flick the master switch or kill the engine.

New boot lock/latch - mince, never rattled but the boot doesn't close without slamming the lid down hard!

Generally the car felt a bit more solidly built though - which is good.

minidriver#1
28th December 2003, 01:57 AM
does the speed show automatically on the rev counter instead of the temperature? have they made any actual structural changes to the car in any way?

Duncan Stewart
28th December 2003, 07:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Auto lock on the doors is a pita as you need to pull twice on the door to get out if the car is running and can't get into the boot too unless you flick the master switch or kill the engine.

My March 03 car does this but remember to tell the passengers! I've had a few just about break of the door handle trying to get out when the engine is running :I

Wul
29th December 2003, 05:40 PM
KJ - it's part of the same display but doesn't show constantly - ie if you press the button on the indicator it goes speed - temp - av mpg - av mph - range.

Dunno if there are any structural changes but the doors felt more solid and the dash didn't rattle...yet!

Quik_Mini
6th January 2004, 07:27 PM
Na there are no structural changes at all to the car (according to Henry Bros) but I think we all know about the changes of the front and the skirts very soon. Yea my car has the auto lock, quite funny how people sit holding the handle thinking if they just keep holding it up, the door might open.