PDA

View Full Version : Ambient lighting

euan
23rd October 2006, 06:49 PM
So, I'm browsing my new mini catalogue (I take it back my dealer does know how I am and posted it out last week) and came across the page which includes Ambient Lighting option. Anyone know how this works? As it sounds great!!!

From what I can see, there is some light source in the door panels - is it on all the time when the lights are on?

illegalhunter
23rd October 2006, 07:16 PM
how did you get the catologue i cant get one for love nor money

AndyP & Lenore
23rd October 2006, 09:34 PM
Did you get your from Menzies? 'Cos I'm sure Clair took our details and said she would post it on when they came in....

A.

Scottie
23rd October 2006, 09:35 PM
reading mini2 it would seem south of the border dealers have the brochures but not us up here.

euan
23rd October 2006, 09:58 PM
Yup, my dealer is south of the border. Could have saved on postage - I'm 20 yards from the dealers door!

So, does anyone know about this ambient lighting?

Scottie
23rd October 2006, 10:03 PM
this is what I understand. I'm getting it think it is whith the chilli pack

the switches are in with the over head toggle group above the rear view mirror you have five different colours you can choose they light up pockets in the doors - a wee bit above the seat belt in the B pillar- the down lights in the rear view mirror.

that's about it may be some other bits I don't know about.

Gismo
23rd October 2006, 10:14 PM
I'm sure you can cycle the colours to suit you're mood 8)

The Bull
23rd October 2006, 10:37 PM
I've got it on my Honda.

Clare1
23rd October 2006, 11:11 PM
Us dealers up here have not recieved the Brochures yet, I have 1 copy of New JCW Brochure, R56 Flyer and 'Keep it MINI' Accessories Brochure.

Optional Lights Package: Includes Fromt Area Lighting in the Door Trim Panels, Reading and Footwell Lights in the Front and illuminated Vanity Mirrors. There is also a courtesy light in the centre roof lining and 5 Setting Ambient Lighting in the Door Opener, Door Storage Pocket, B Pillar Trim and Reflected light for the dashboard!

Well cool option!

illegalhunter
23rd October 2006, 11:14 PM
so scan i n the brochure then claire plz and we all can see it

euan
24th October 2006, 12:01 AM
To be honest - the brochure doesn't tell you a lot. A very cool photo of the speedo with Sat Nav where the speedo goes round the sat nav screen is about the best one there!

I'll scan some of it in tonight put a link to it.

It has no mention of chilli packs or what is included in them, just a load of pictures really.

Clare1
24th October 2006, 12:13 AM
Thats not the new Brochure, they havnt been printed yet, thats the MINI R56 Flyer. Some cool pics though!

Mon the fish
24th October 2006, 01:15 AM
So the ambient lighting option doesn't change the colour of the lights in the speedo, rev counter etc:question:

euan
24th October 2006, 01:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

Thats not the new Brochure, they havnt been printed yet, thats the MINI R56 Flyer. Some cool pics though!

Ah, thanks Claire!

illegalhunter
24th October 2006, 01:58 AM
cheers euan

whitemini54
24th October 2006, 11:35 PM
I have a brochure that fairbairns sent me...pretty sure its the brochure anyway, got details on basic design, safety, optional equipment-chili packs etc, colours and materials and tech data and dimensional drawings

Clare1
25th October 2006, 01:06 AM
Thats the MINI Flyer! Pretty Cool Though!

lightbody
25th October 2006, 01:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

Thats the MINI Flyer! Pretty Cool Though!

A flyer? Its 18 pages??

X30YES
27th October 2006, 02:24 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/MINIlight2.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/MINIlight.jpg