PDA

View Full Version : Tidbits from out West

bigcoyote
22nd October 2006, 06:13 AM
Hey all,

We love hearing all your stories - so we thought we would share some tidbits from Arizona.

The Dust Storm: The morning after a fierce dust storm a rancher inspected his spread in the dunes near Yuma, Arizona. He spied a fancy cowboy hat lying near he side of the road. Assuming a fortunate windfall, he picked up the hat only to reveal a pale bald scalp - that of a cowboy, who explained he had been caught in the storm the night before.
" Wait," said the rancher . " I'll fetch a shovel from the truck and dig you out."
" Better go back to town and bring a tractor," suggested the cowboy. " I'm a-sittin' on my horse."

The Ranch: Seems one day this cattleman was attempting to impress the President of the Arizona Bank. The cattleman said his ranch was wonderfull....all it lacked was water.
The Arizona Bank President replied " That's all Hell needs is water!"

How Hot: Before Arizona became a state a cavalryman died of sunstroke at Fort Yuma, went to Hell, and telegraphed back for his overcoat.
He was the same one who shouted from the crematorium, " Shut that door! I can't stand a draft!".

Desert Gardens: " We plant onions in between the potatoes and then Scratch the onions to make the potatoes eyes water enough to irrigate the rest of the garden."

The Railroad: The railroad finally reached Tucson, Arizona in 1880, inducing such euphoria, telegrams were sent around the world, including one , " To his Holiness, the Pope of Rome, Italy. The Mayor of Tucson begs the honor of reminding Your Holiness that this ancient and honorable pueblo was founded by Spaniards under the sanctions of the Church more than three centuries ago, and to inform Your Holiness that a railroad from San Francisco now connects us with the Christian World...."
It is suspected that more sophisticated Tucson citizens intercepted the message, for the answering wire read. " His Holiness the Pope....Sends his benediction, but for his own satisfaction would ask , Where the hell is Tucson? [signed] Antonelli."

:p

X30YES
22nd October 2006, 06:39 AM
Hey WB ...long time no hear from you ;)

bigcoyote
22nd October 2006, 06:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Hey WB ...long time no hear from you ;)

Yeah,

It's been kinda crazy here...Wife went in for back surgery, busy with the kids, etc.... I have missed the last few events with our local MINI club. BUT, I did just pick up a short shift kit and a cat-back hi flow exhaust for the MINI...Hope to have them installed real soon :D

I did just post some photos of the clubs run up Mount Graham on my flicker page -- it looks like a nice run.

Should be around the site more
:cool::cool::cool::cool::)

X30YES
22nd October 2006, 06:57 AM
That could be here with all the mist .....and I hope all is ok with the back problem ...I had three removed/shaved in 1995 ...no fun at all