PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket ICE

phoenixblu
21st October 2006, 09:47 PM
Can anyone tell me of any good aftermarket stereo's they have in their mini's? I currently have the factory fitted one with dension link (that came broken) and so I am looking into changing the whole thing.
any advice would be appreciated :) :approve:

Neil and Lorna
21st October 2006, 10:52 PM
I've got the Pioneer avic x1r sat nav with flip up screen.

Absolutely brilliant sound even from the standard speakers.
And the driver dynamic mode with the G force readers is just amazing.

Hope this helps.

Neil.

Adam MCS
21st October 2006, 11:42 PM
I've got an alpine stereo with ipod connection in mine. Not sure the exact model of alpine stereo though. I also changed out the back speakers for better ones, so the sound is great. I was about £300 all in at checkpoint in aberdeen.

gill
22nd October 2006, 12:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Neil and Lorna

Hope this helps.

Neil.

Yep, we've got a similar model to Neil's which also incorporates bluetooth for your mobile - :cool::cool::cool:

Like Neil said, great sound, etc... we're delighted with ours!

Neil and Lorna
22nd October 2006, 12:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by gill

quote:Originally posted by Neil and Lorna

Hope this helps.

Neil.

Yep, we've got a similar model to Neil's which also incorporates bluetooth for your mobile - :cool::cool::cool:

Like Neil said, great sound, etc... we're delighted with ours!

I should of been on commission for that one.;);)

Neil.:D:D

phoenixblu
22nd October 2006, 02:20 AM
cheers guys is there anywhere in Glasgow you'd recommend? I was thinking Beaver Audio on Great Western Road... or just going to my local halfords?

markyc
22nd October 2006, 05:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by phoenixblu

cheers guys is there anywhere in Glasgow you'd recommend? I was thinking Beaver Audio on Great Western Road... or just going to my local halfords?

Ehh I would give Halfrauds a miss if I were you not quite the same level of service than the like of Drivers at Charing X, Hannah Autosound or similar :disapprove::dead:

If your thinking of something different have a look at an Alpine 7' flip-out touch screen monitor that plays movies, dvd's and has links for iPod, navigation etc. I'm as happy as a wee pig in sh!t with mine :p:eek::D;)

Scottie
22nd October 2006, 05:14 AM
I have a Panasonic head unit from mike at www.newministuff.com

excellent unit with ipod connector suits the mini interior

can't go wrong with anything from Mike:D

did I mention it has a cool mini logo on the screen

phoenixblu
22nd October 2006, 05:16 AM
k cheers... will installing a nonfactory stere muck up my steering wheel controls???

where abouts in charing X? I need to get it all installed too and it has to manage to work with my bluetooth phone kit too!! i'm raging the dension link came broke!! grr....

mini logo... sold to the girl with the cooper S!!! will order next payday... now... what kind of radio do I have?!!? :dead:

X30YES
22nd October 2006, 06:31 AM
see here for info ... www.newministuff.com it will give you a good idea of what's on the go and all the connectors etc .

illegalhunter
22nd October 2006, 08:17 AM
Drivers @ st geos cross in glasgow have some very nice stuff in the ice dept

Wul
23rd October 2006, 03:47 AM
I'll second the Alipne range - mines is an MP3 CD player with the Ipod control that lets you control the ipod fully from the H/U and displays the track info etc. :)

Coop
23rd October 2006, 07:32 AM
I think that Pioneer stuff is all great, you can get some real bargains as well in the mid range stuff. Get on flea bay.

And stay away from Halfords!!! :evil: