PDA

View Full Version : October aka "Rock" tober

Smitty
21st October 2006, 08:35 AM
For all you music lovers October is the happening month! If you wanted, you could have been seeing a well known band every night this month! So what’s everyone been to see:question::question:

Here’s my listing so far:

Boy Kill Boy (Moshulu – Aberdeen) – Rocked, big style!! Nuff said!!:D

The Automatic (Lemon Tree – Aberdeen) – Really good, with surprisingly good support bands. Did a cover version of Golddigga by Kanye….very funky and very good!

The Raconteurs (Carling Academy – Glasgow) – I would pay hundreds to see Jack White play guitar. The man is the new Hendrix, he is quite simply a legend. And along side Brendan Benson, this band is unstoppable. No White Stripes though!!:p

The Kooks (Music Hall – Aberdeen) – Not bad, was a big fan until they got “too” popular. Good sing along but nothing spectacular.

Razorlight (AECC – Aberdeen) – Old songs ROCK. New songs SUCK! Such a difference, and you could see from crowd reactions this is the case. Really should go back to their old style.:eek:

COMING UP – We Are Scientists (Carling Academy – Glasgow) and Muse (AECC):D

Anyone else got any stories or comments from “Rock”tober:question::question::)

OBN
21st October 2006, 11:45 PM
Where's the list of well known bands? :D

Smitty
23rd October 2006, 12:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by OBN

Where's the list of well known bands? :D

O ho ho ho!! Funny guy:p

No one else into new music then??:disapprove:

james f
23rd October 2006, 12:25 AM
yep i would be at more gigs but since leaving uni ive got no cash atm but the highlights of the last 3 years at uni were

razorlight's second proper gig

being at the last ever libertines (pete and carl) gig

zootons in a tiny tiny venue

glastonbury 04 that was the best weekend ever seeing kasabian befoure they were big and well that weekend is too much to describe relay

prodigys greatest hits tour 3am late show at brixtion that was proper mental

the raputre almost destroying our local venue

secret machines by far my favortae band that nobody ever seems to have herad of but the best thing ive ever seen

SpongeBob
23rd October 2006, 12:59 AM
went to see The Cult in september and they blew me away,Seen Ozzy at Donnington too,My Chemical Romance,Bullet for my valentine,Velvet Revolver Twice,Starsailor,The Chillis All Awesome

Burple
23rd October 2006, 02:16 AM
Leeds Festival (VIP no less ;)) 2003 and 2004 :D:D:D awesome number of bands! :D:D

Except I fell asleep during Staind (booo-rrrrringg!!!) and the Streets were awful as always... twice! :D

Highlights for me were the gods Metallica GReen Day and Linkin Park, and Bowling for Soup, System of a Down, Placebo were awesome, didn't think much of them till I saw them live..and my oen personal favourite, finally getting to see Goldfinger live, and their version of '99 red Balloons' (and I don't mean a trip to Pittodrie ;);):p:p)

bumped into the likes or Jo Whiley.. (Roowwwrr ;):I) The Donnas (Rowwrr x 4 :D:D) Chris Moyles, Comedy Dave, Colin and Edith, and the man himself Howard Marks.. he's a real nice guy!:D;)

Oo, and me an' Bri went to see Rammstein at the SECC... wow!:cool:

sedgie
23rd October 2006, 03:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Leeds Festival (VIP no less ;)) 2003 and 2004 :D:D:D awesome number of bands! :D:D

Except I fell asleep during Staind (booo-rrrrringg!!!) and the Streets were awful as always... twice! :D

Highlights for me were the gods Metallica GReen Day and Linkin Park, and Bowling for Soup, System of a Down, Placebo were awesome, didn't think much of them till I saw them live..and my oen personal favourite, finally getting to see Goldfinger live, and their version of '99 red Balloons' (and I don't mean a trip to Pittodrie ;);):p:p)

bumped into the likes or Jo Whiley.. (Roowwwrr ;):I) The Donnas (Rowwrr x 4 :D:D) Chris Moyles, Comedy Dave, Colin and Edith, and the man himself Howard Marks.. he's a real nice guy!:D;)

Oo, and me an' Bri went to see Rammstein at the SECC... wow!:cool:

:eek:I was @ Rammstein as well...but saw them the month before in Berlin!:p;):D...plus saw them as V.I.P....in London in Feb;)

Burple
23rd October 2006, 04:45 AM
quote:
:eek:I was @ Rammstein as well...but saw them the month before in Berlin!:p;):D...plus saw them as V.I.P....in London in Feb;)

:eek::eek::eek: Lucky Bugger!

First time i've seen them live, think I've got all their albums (the main ones anyway)
Amazing show, one of the loudest gigs I've been to (think only the Almighty in the Barras or Metallica in SECC were as loud!:D:D)

I'll be going next time too! NMS outing anyone? ;):D:D

sedgie
23rd October 2006, 04:51 AM
I'll be there...they no gonna be on tour for a wee while...i'll tell you when they are;)...first saw them in 2000!....was blown away then...seen them 8 times since...saw them in Prague...that was brill;):D

SpongeBob
23rd October 2006, 05:04 AM
I'll be going next time too! NMS outing anyone? ;):D:D

Good idea a Mini/Rockfest id be up for it.:)

Coop
24th October 2006, 03:08 AM
So far in Rocktober I have been to Barrowlands to see Orson.

Sh*te :disapprove:

Smitty
24th October 2006, 08:08 AM
Rammstein............no comment!!:p:evil:;) (Segie.....geniually suprised at that....didn't see you as a hardcore death metal mosh fan!!:eek:)

James...i have heard a bit of the secret machines, not much though! Reckon i'll go buy (download;)) a few tunes, see what i think!!:cool:

Grant....missus drag you along??:blackeye::p

Burple
24th October 2006, 05:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smitty

Rammstein............no comment!!:p:evil:;) (Segie.....geniually suprised at that....didn't see you as a hardcore death metal mosh fan!!:eek:)

well.. if you're gonna be picky... Rammstein are more of the Hardcore Electro-Industrial metal... :p plus they actually sing words you can understand ;)
http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics

Death metal on the other hand... has a slightly different attitude and

ideology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_metal)behind it.. ;):p:p

Shouldn't you have titled the thread "Pop"tober? ;););):p:p

sedgie
25th October 2006, 02:39 AM
As LnL said Rammstein are NOT death metal....they are industrial rock!:p and wot kinda music did you think i listened to?...Rod Stewart!???:p:eek:
Other bands i have seen this year...VNV Nation, KiEw, Combichrist,Panzer Ag, Fixmer McCarthy , & Soman:p...might go see The Cruxshadows nxt month;):D

Smitty
25th October 2006, 03:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by sedgie

As LnL said Rammstein are NOT death metal....they are industrial rock!:p and wot kinda music did you think i listened to?...Rod Stewart!???:p:eek:

Well Rod Stewart is a legend so no downing him! As for your taste in music, seen you as a bit of a Sugababes & Chico fan(waits for the slap!!):p:blackeye:;):D

Shouldn't you have titled the thread "Pop"tober?

If you wana get techincal perhaps I should have called it "Indie Rock"tober or even "Alternative"tober......even though it might sound like pop compared to all your metal music!!:p:blackeye:;)

sedgie
25th October 2006, 04:04 AM
Well Rod Stewart is a legend so no downing him! As for your taste in music, seen you as a bit of a Sugababes & Chico fan(waits for the slap!!)

I so gonnae kick yer wee erse when i see yi!:dead:

james f
25th October 2006, 05:04 AM
this reminds me to acctuly get of ma arsE and check the gig listings for edinburgh sometime

Scottie
25th October 2006, 05:16 AM
well i'm going to see Daniel O'Donnell does that count:kiss:

sedgie
25th October 2006, 05:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

lololol

PACMAN
25th October 2006, 05:26 AM

Who http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/frech/c035.gif

sedgie
25th October 2006, 05:35 AM

Are yi gonnae throw yer knickers at him!?;);):D:D

Scottie
25th October 2006, 05:41 AM

Are yi gonnae throw yer knickers at him!?;);):D:D

my bra;)

james f
25th October 2006, 08:34 AM

James...i have heard a bit of the secret machines, not much though! Reckon i'll go buy (download;)) a few tunes, see what i think!!:cool:

good man my personal favs are from the first album- first wave intact, sad and lonley, nowhere again, and the road leads where its lead and the second album- alone jelous and stoned, i hate pretendimg, dadys in the doldrums

Smitty
25th October 2006, 05:43 PM

ROCK!!:eek::p;)

Smitty
25th October 2006, 05:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by james f

good man my personal favs are from the first album- first wave intact, sad and lonley, nowhere again, and the road leads where its lead and the second album- alone jelous and stoned, i hate pretendimg, dadys in the doldrums

Just a few personal favourites then!!?:p

I'm on the case, will report back!!;)

indigomatt
25th October 2006, 06:25 PM
What about 'The View' tonite at QMU glasgow...:D

euan
25th October 2006, 06:49 PM
I've not been to a gig in ages! Last thing was probably Goldfrapp at Brixton earlier in the year, or maybe Turin Brakes at the Clapham Grand, neither of which count as rock, but both were blooming good.

Need to get myself along to some more but since I got engaged all the money has been going towards the wedding. Would have lied to see Razorlight and Jet.

Smitty
25th October 2006, 09:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by indigomatt

What about 'The View' tonite at QMU glasgow...:D

Now that would kickass!!

They are supporting Primal Scream in Aberdeen, at the Music Hall! Never manged to get tickets but that gig would rock!!:D

Burple
25th October 2006, 11:41 PM

Other bands i have seen this year...VNV Nation, KiEw, Combichrist,Panzer Ag, Fixmer McCarthy , & Soman:p...might go see The Cruxshadows nxt month;):D

I take it they were up to the usual mucking about on stage?
One of them was crowd-surfing in an inflatable dinghy at the SECC :cool::D:D

Crikey.. even a few bands I've never heard of!! Good girl! :D:D

You need to get a decent stereo in yer S now!!

:cool::D

Burple
25th October 2006, 11:47 PM
quote:

Well Rod Stewart is a legend so no downing him!

Riiigghht.... ;)
Did your mum post that? :D:D:D:D

Next you'll be telling us how super cool you think Daniel O'D... oh.. wait...

:D:D:D:D:D

Burple
25th October 2006, 11:48 PM

lololol

I was at school with two of his cousins! :I:I

And they're perfectly normal people!

sedgie
25th October 2006, 11:49 PM

I take it they were up to the usual mucking about on stage?
One of them was crowd-surfing in an inflatable dinghy at the SECC :cool::D:D

Crikey.. even a few bands I've never heard of!! Good girl! :D:D

You need to get a decent stereo in yer S now!!

:cool::D

Aye the bass player "ollie" always goes out in the dinghy...did you see my m8 on the lilo @ Glasgow?...silly bug8er decided to surf on it!:D:D
n stereo fine in the S....have the nice loud wan in the hoose;)

Burple
25th October 2006, 11:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

I've not been to a gig in ages! Last thing was probably Goldfrapp at Brixton earlier in the year, or maybe Turin Brakes at the Clapham Grand, neither of which count as rock, but both were blooming good.

Need to get myself along to some more but since I got engaged all the money has been going towards the wedding. Would have lied to see Razorlight and Jet.

I'd like to see Goldfrapp at some point too!! ;);):D:D
(rowwr! ;))

Smitty
4th November 2006, 06:33 AM

quote:

Well Rod Stewart is a legend so no downing him!

Riiigghht.... ;)
Did your mum post that? :D:D:D:D

Next you'll be telling us how super cool you think Daniel O'D... oh.. wait...

:D:D:D:D:D

No no no....i posted that! He's Scottish and have you seen some of his ex wives/lovers!!???:eek:

And his songs are a good old sing-a-long aswell so hop of back to your hardcore German rock!!!:approve::p;)

Smitty
4th November 2006, 06:36 AM
I was at We Are Scientists at the Carling Academy last week at they were outstanding!:)

Started off with a cover of Phil Collins/Genesis song and ended with a spof of song rubbish boy band song....and damm it worked, so funny!:D

These guys are all about the live show! Cracking tunes, alive on stage and best banter i have heard from any band (and i've seen a few!!):p:D

Highly recommended to any music lover!!

Bring on Muse on Monday night!!

(Also got Killers and The Good The Bad And The Queen tickets today:approve:...i have gotta stop spending my student loan on gig tickets!!:blackeye:)

sedgie
4th November 2006, 06:46 AM
you wee bugger...i was wanting tae go see Muse but hubby willnae come wi me!~mutters~ "c*nt"

Smitty
4th November 2006, 07:32 AM

you wee bugger...i was wanting tae go see Muse but hubby willnae come wi me!~mutters~ "c*nt"

I'll sell you my ticket............

Nah, changed my mind now!!:p:p