PDA

View Full Version : Whatever is Next

Scottie
19th October 2006, 09:29 PM
:mad::(

clicky (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/203270/speed_limit_cuts.html)

jayex
19th October 2006, 09:32 PM
Oh what a great idea!!! :clown::clown: - Unbelievable :dead:

Gismo
19th October 2006, 09:50 PM
Sheesh, no way :eek:

PACMAN
19th October 2006, 09:51 PM
what a lot of pish. they should stop looking at just the M25 and the whole network for speed limit . the speed limits should be raised and low depending on how busy or road conditions would be the best better

:disapprove:

euan
19th October 2006, 10:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by PACMAN

what a lot of pish. they should stop looking at just the M25 and the whole network for speed limit . the speed limits should be raised and low depending on how busy or road conditions would be the best better

:disapprove:

You say that, but it doesn't always work in practice. The M25 speed limit varies on a regular basis between the M3 and the M40. There are cameras all the way along it to enforce the limit. Nobody really speeds on it as you don't know what bridge the cameras are on.

The real problem comes as the bridges are not far apart. They have a tendency to drop the speed limit for one of them to 50 from 60. Now, with all the traffic about, you don't want to be checking every bridge to see if the speed limit is 60 or 50 or whatever. It's distracting.

The variable limits do work in certain circumstances. But a lot of time when you hit them, your already doing less than that anyway.

Just my weekly experience...

The Dogfather
19th October 2006, 11:10 PM
M25 nightmare! Keep the limits as they are, I ignore them anyway (unless I know there's a chance of a speed camera). I drive to the conditions all the time.

james f
20th October 2006, 12:40 AM
morons the lot of em most polo-chickens in this country live so far in lala land i wonder if theyt have ever seen the m25 or driven it as they would know that it often moves at 40 mph regardless of the speed limit one of em self regulating roads what they need is more ploice to stop the pilloks that love to sit an inch from my back bumper and trying to force meoff the road when im going the same speed as the car infront and keeping a safe distance

Wul
20th October 2006, 12:57 AM
lunacy! :(