PDA

View Full Version : LOWERED SUSPENSION QUERY

Ivano
14th October 2006, 11:42 PM
I am keen to lower my MINI again, as on my previous Cooper S i fitted Eibach Lowering springs which i swear by for handling and a ride quality.They lowered the car around 30mm running on the 17" inch S spoke Alloys,

However on my present Cooper Works i went for the 18" JCW Alloys but am keen to also reduce the ride height on this car. Has anybody fitted lowering springs (ie eibach's etc)on 18" wheels as would be inteested to know of clearance/rubbing of the arch problems??

I would prefer going for the eibach springs to keep the costs down but not sure if i need to consider coilovers for the arch clearance issues due to the 18" wheels

Any Suggestions?????

Ivano

Adam MCS
15th October 2006, 11:55 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about lowering it with 18s on. I had 18s and eibachs on my last car (pictured below), and there were no issues with scrubbing etc. Just go for it and it'll look great!

Gorbash12346
19th October 2006, 04:23 AM
i'd still swear by coilovers... lowering springs aren't even close to the handling you could have... though i do admit it's a little less comfortable and a lot more expensive