PDA

View Full Version : I Am So Bored

Gismo
13th October 2006, 05:23 PM
Shouldn't really complain :I but, stuck in the office because of problems offshore, the days just drag on and on and on :p roll on 4.30pm

Wul
13th October 2006, 05:24 PM
www.nabiscoworld.com :D

Scottie
13th October 2006, 05:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Shouldn't really complain :I but, stuck in the office because of problems offshore, the days just drag on and on and on :p roll on 4.30pm

that just sounds like my kinda day.:( only thing is it is my kinda day every day and I hate it. Will be so glad to move back home.:D mind you the big chunk of money helps.;):cool:

Burple
13th October 2006, 05:56 PM
You could always nip back to Dundee and go to my meetings today for me! ;);):p:p

I really CBA with them today..

ianking
13th October 2006, 06:14 PM
Im rather bored at work too. Working at the Cooncil can have many a dull moment, hence most of my posting on the site are between the hours of 9am and 5 pm. there isnt really much else to do here.

monkimagic
13th October 2006, 07:32 PM
My god people, if work bores you, is'nt it time for a job change. You only have one shot at life.

We spend nearly half our life at work, another large portion getting there and more time thinking about it when we are not there.

I would not do a job that I dont enjoy or find challenging.

Dont live a little, live a lottle ;)

Scottie
13th October 2006, 07:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

My god people, if work bores you, is'nt it time for a job change. You only have one shot at life.

We spend nearly half our life at work, another large portion getting there and more time thinking about it when we are not there.

I would not do a job that I dont enjoy or find challenging.

Dont live a little, live a lottle ;)

what do you do for a living.

monkimagic
13th October 2006, 07:47 PM
Up until recently I was managing a residential service for young adults, was there for 10 years and loved it. But after such a long time things got a little stale, had to move as I truley believe life is too short. Now I manage a information and resource centre for informal Carers.
(people who care for a family member, friend or neighbour )

Money is not the best but its a great way to spend your day. This for me is the key...to spend each and every day doing something that interests or challengs me, with enough money so I can run my MINI, Bike and home. after that who cares....;)

I am on holiday this week which is fantastic but I am looking forward to going back on Monday. Each morning I get up and look forward to my work :)

Scottie
13th October 2006, 07:53 PM
OMG I never look forward to work after been on my hols in fact I HATE Sunday evenings cause it means work in the morning.

but you see 26 years with the same company although doing different jobs means I simply cannot walk away to much to loose.

Fi.

monkimagic
13th October 2006, 08:00 PM
I dont mean to sound like " Oh look at me " :I Cos I know its very hard to to change jobs, liestyles that we are used to and enjoy are very hard to change.

But if we are not happy its not good enough. we spend sooo much time at work we should enjoy it.

A member of my team is a life coach and she and I facilitate life direction/planning days for people ( Carers ). Its amazing what you can chnage or whats out there that can be done ;)

monkimagic
13th October 2006, 08:03 PM
Where do you work, what do you do ?

Gismo
13th October 2006, 08:10 PM
Oh dear, what have i started 8) there's nowt wrong with my job, i'm offshore based, but, due to many problems my job has been delayed, so, i'm stuck in the office, bored :p In any case, i'm due home on the 18th for a month whereby i'll not be bored with the other half of my job ;):D

Big Col
13th October 2006, 08:41 PM
Well I'm well happy with my job as I'm about to change it! :D

Clare1
13th October 2006, 08:49 PM
Sales . . .Arrgghhhh!! Good job i love MINI!!! lol

Scottie
13th October 2006, 09:18 PM

Well I work for a Oil Company doing a bit of this and a bit of that;)
I'd bore you to death if I went into in any detail.

Big Col
13th October 2006, 09:22 PM
<dozes>

Scottie
13th October 2006, 09:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
<dozes>

<slaps>

Bignorm
13th October 2006, 09:42 PM
fi how can serching the internet all day be boring :eek::blackeye::eek:<runs for cover and switches off the phone > :D

Burple
13th October 2006, 09:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

quote:Originally posted by Big Col
<dozes>

<slaps>

<lols> :D:D

Scottie
13th October 2006, 09:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bignorm

fi how can serching the internet all day be boring :eek::blackeye::eek:<runs for cover and switches off the phone > :D

searching the internet day in and day out gets a bit boring after a while. sometimes I even find myself stretching over to my in tray to do some work.:eek::eek:

Burple
13th October 2006, 09:49 PM
I know I cpmplain about the Uni a lot, but I like it really, there's pretty much always something going on, sometimes interesting, sometimes not, but with our dept most of them are a fun bunch.

And if I get bored in the office, there's always something else to do somewhere else on campus :D

PACMAN
13th October 2006, 10:05 PM
This site will help with the bordom ;)

http://www.bored.com/

monkimagic
14th October 2006, 01:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Well I work for a Oil Company doing a bit of this and a bit of that;)
I'd bore you to death if I went into in any detail.

I love that phrase " bit o this, bit o that "

Sheilz
15th October 2006, 05:59 AM
Hi Paddy, Which service is it your running? Already established or something new? That's quite a change of direction you've taken. Does it involve any hands on work or is it more like case management?
Totally agree with you about enjoying your work. Helps compensate for the sh*te wages! Cant wait for the single status exercise to be completed coz it will mean a nice fat pay rise for me :D:D:D Finally our salaries might, just might, reflect the responsibility of the job. I so approve of wage rises :approve::D:D:D

sedgie
15th October 2006, 06:29 AM
Well i like my job.."because own buisness n like cleaning"...but the best bit is going to see next job inspecting the house i gonna clean...n it is f**kin manky...and the "DOCTOR" that owns it says it just need a quick dust!:dead::dead::D:D