PDA

View Full Version : do all mini dealers give nothing in a trade in

g.t.
12th October 2006, 08:15 PM
:disapprove: went to the nice mini dealer in ayrshire today with the hope of getting a jcw cooper s they have in stock. bubble was promptly burst when she offered me 13.5k for my audi i payed 17.5k for less than 2 months ago. is trend likely to be the same with every mini dealer.

Gismo
12th October 2006, 08:18 PM
Welcome to the site, hmm, second hand prices are generally low, but, that sounds a bit harsh, £4k in 2 months, to put it into perspective, what would your original dealer give you for a trade in :question:

g.t.
12th October 2006, 08:25 PM
thats my next port of call going back to the place i bought it, funnily enough they own the mini dealership in kirkaldy so maybe they will be able to source me a works cooper s, had a look on their website and they only have a purple cooper s, not to keen on the colour

illegalhunter
12th October 2006, 08:30 PM
so you went to fairbairns aka arnold crap di you see jennifer the mini sales girl she is hot stuff as for trade ins they are all the same try to rip you off shop around with the new model coming out they will be a wash with trade ins you miight get a good deal

g.t.
12th October 2006, 08:32 PM
i did see jennifer she is a huni if that was a guy who offered me that for my car he would have promptly been told where to go but shes way too nice for that, puts you off your game trying to buy a car from such a cutie

Clare1
12th October 2006, 08:44 PM
Ive got a lovely CooperS Works in our showroom, Pure Silver with TONS of spec!!!

Gimme a call....01786 449370

g.t.
12th October 2006, 08:56 PM
jees clare 25k for a mini , bit out of my price range im afraid unless you let me mortgage it lol
nice looking car though.
p.s i called but you were on lunch

Scottie
12th October 2006, 09:09 PM
Actually funny as it may sound that not to bad.

You got to remember the moment you take the car out the showroon you loose the VAT.

So lets see 17.5K and VAT @ 17.5% = is a loss of £3062.50 so that's 14,437.50 you were offered 13.5 so in two months you have lost £937.50. yes I know in real terms it's more but nothing you can do about the VAT side of things.

Scottie
12th October 2006, 09:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

Ive got a lovely CooperS Works in our showroom, Pure Silver with TONS of spec!!!

Gimme a call....01786 449370

and a very nice car it is 1 lovely lady previous owner.

ianking
12th October 2006, 09:12 PM
Remember as well that main dealers never pay book price for that kind of presitious car as it will be dropping £400 per month in the glass's guide.

Clare1
12th October 2006, 09:29 PM
One mad previous owner! lol

Sorry i missed your call Gareth.

OBN
12th October 2006, 09:35 PM
WOW! that is one expensive Mini!

g.t.
12th October 2006, 10:23 PM
well i had my subaru for nearly a year and only lost 1500 on it so i dont go for the vat thing , havent given up hope just yet

illegalhunter
12th October 2006, 11:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by g.t.

i did see jennifer she is a huni if that was a guy who offered me that for my car he would have promptly been told where to go but shes way too nice for that, puts you off your game trying to buy a car from such a cutie
she sold me mine in 5 mins

X30YES
12th October 2006, 11:57 PM

jees clare 25k for a mini , bit out of my price range im afraid unless you let me mortgage it lol
nice looking car though.
If you want a JCWS...25k is about right ,with some being more :eek:

Scottie
13th October 2006, 12:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

nice looking car though.

but not all come with 1 previous lovely careful well driven by the previous lady owner.;):p:)

Gismo
13th October 2006, 01:36 AM
I got a great price for my Cooper at JC's in Dundee, but i did buy a £23k JCW S 8)
Most dealerships can arrange a car transfer, so, if you see the car somewhere let your preferred dealer inquire about it ;)

Ivano
13th October 2006, 03:23 AM
My sister fancies getting back into the MINIS again having previously owned 3 in the past. She went to get a trade in figure from GLASGOW AUDI on her 2004 Audi TT 3.2 V6 DSG which she paid just over £23000 earlier this year.Today she has been giving a trade in figure of just over £15000. Absolutely disgusting!!!

So Audi Glasgow maybe best avoided, but hey what the heck we are all MINI people so we are not affected with these ludicrous trade in prices.

NEW MINI looms around the corner for my sister then!!!!!!

Ivano

Crombers
13th October 2006, 03:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

nice looking car though.

but not all come with 1 previous lovely careful well driven by the previous lady owner.;):p:)

Very true Fi & one helluva loaded MINI :approve:

SpongeBob
13th October 2006, 03:34 AM
Must Concur seen it in the showroom today,very nice and fully loaded.

Scottie
13th October 2006, 04:11 AM
yip would make a great buy for someone getting alot of car for the money and the previous owner took the biggest hit on trade in value. plus they would be getting a truely well looked after car that never got booted or mis treated. Garaged since birth and in a heated garage aswell.:kiss::cool:

johnsop1
13th October 2006, 04:53 AM
Paid £10,500 for my 01 cooper in March 2005 - was offerd £7000 against a Brand new Cooper by a MINI dealer at thee weekend. Has a full service history and has only done 35,000 miles. Down £3,500 in 18 months. Thought MINI's held their value !!!

OBN
13th October 2006, 05:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

nice looking car though.

its the same age as the one i'm getting, on 4,000 miles more I could fit the wors pack and still have enough change for a decent holiday

AndyP & Lenore
13th October 2006, 06:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by johnsop1

Paid £10,500 for my 01 cooper in March 2005 - was offerd £7000 against a Brand new Cooper by a MINI dealer at thee weekend. Has a full service history and has only done 35,000 miles. Down £3,500 in 18 months. Thought MINI's held their value !!!

Paul, almost nothing holds their value the way we'd all like. But Mini's do hold their value better than almost every other marque. Could it be that £10,500 paid for a 4 year old cooper may have been a bit too much at the time? Low mileage car mind you.:approve:

A.:D

g.t.
13th October 2006, 06:15 AM
its a used one id be looking for , preferably a works one not botheres about uprated suspension and brakes as long as it has the 210 bhp i can take care of the rest. id also consider just a standard cooper s if it had a decent spec.
dont think id be fancying a new one as im not a fan of the new looks and no super charger

jammyboy
13th October 2006, 06:21 AM
The myth of Minis having strong residuals is just that.....my wife has a November 2004 (54) Cool Blue Cooper convertible, with Chilli pack and several other toys. It's one owner, utterly unmarked and has only done 11,800 miles. We don't really need a cabrio, and called our dealer for a quote against a new model Cooper hatch.

The convertible cost us £16900. Their offer?....£12000, which they'll mark up to around £15500 in addition to the profit on the new car. That's not a fair deal, sorry.

They've lost a customer - we'll check a couple of others, maybe, but if that's where we're talking, we'll keep the car!

Scottie
13th October 2006, 06:45 AM
well I've traded a few Mini's:eek:;)

and your right a well specced mini and you will loose when it comes to trade in time.

A Mini with aftermarket add ons that is not OEM the dealers don't even want to know.:(

resist adding any OEM retro fits i.e. sounds kit etc etc because you are only buying these things for your self you will never get any decent % on trade in value with these bits on. Which is hard to do when you have sites like this.;)

A Mini with say the Chilli pack added only then you don't loose so much.

The best IMO to buy is a base spec Mini in whatever range and just leave as standard.

Ok I may know all this but it disnae stop buying accessories or speccing a car.:(;):I

So be aware when your retro fitting or speccing you are doing it for yourself to enjoy as you will never ever get the money back.

X30YES
13th October 2006, 07:30 AM

its a used one id be looking for , preferably a works one not botheres about uprated suspension and brakes as long as it has the 210 bhp i can take care of the rest. id also consider just a standard cooper s if it had a decent spec.
dont think id be fancying a new one as im not a fan of the new looks and no super charger
What about a DS 210 6K .....miles that is ;)

g.t.
13th October 2006, 10:52 PM

whats a ds 210
pardon my ignorance im new to minis

AndyP & Lenore
13th October 2006, 11:27 PM

whats a ds 210

Dark Silver MINI Cooper S JCW 120bhp.

A:D

g.t.
14th October 2006, 12:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

whats a ds 210

120bhp isnt that a bit underpowered
is it a private sale
and how much etc etc
ta

Craig
14th October 2006, 12:24 AM
he is a bit thick that boy AndyP, what he meant was 210bhp.

and it is X30YES's own car (Angus to those that know him).. ;)

X30YES
14th October 2006, 01:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

whats a ds 210

Well Ive heard of depreciation ...but never dropping around 100bhp ya
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/untitled.jpg

For obvious reasons I cant post the picture that should be there :D:D:D:D:D

X30YES
14th October 2006, 01:31 AM
G.T.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/C.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/jcw.jpg

DARK SILVER JCW 210 BHP

g.t.
14th October 2006, 03:27 AM
that is a sweet motor mate why would you want to part company with it
fancy a swap for an A4

sedgie
14th October 2006, 03:44 AM
:eek: you selling Angus!

AndyP & Lenore
14th October 2006, 03:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

he is a bit thick that boy AndyP

:eek::blackeye::eek::blackeye:

X30YES
14th October 2006, 04:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by sedgie

I might just buy a two seater sports car :p;)

sedgie
14th October 2006, 05:11 AM

I might just buy a two seater sports car :p;)

i'll gee yi 15k cash nxt week...if u sellin!:p:p:):D

The Bull
14th October 2006, 06:47 AM
Angus wants a GP I think!

sedgie
14th October 2006, 06:58 AM
really?:eek:

jayex
14th October 2006, 07:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by Ivano

My sister fancies getting back into the MINIS again having previously owned 3 in the past. She went to get a trade in figure from GLASGOW AUDI on her 2004 Audi TT 3.2 V6 DSG which she paid just over £23000 earlier this year.Today she has been giving a trade in figure of just over £15000. Absolutely disgusting!!!

So Audi Glasgow maybe best avoided, but hey what the heck we are all MINI people so we are not affected with these ludicrous trade in prices.

NEW MINI looms around the corner for my sister then!!!!!!

Ivano

yip i lost over £7000 in 8 months on my Audi TT at the start of last year.... was gutted :disapprove:- should never have traded my Mini in for it in the first place :clown: seemed a good idea at the time :eek:

sedgie
14th October 2006, 07:02 AM
ffs doll why get rid o TT!?

jayex
14th October 2006, 07:11 AM

ffs doll why get rid o TT!?

Missed my Mini :D..............
it was a nice car tho :)
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/jayex_7/CIMG1025.jpghttp://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/jayex_7/CIMG1028.jpg

and my first BMW Mini..... only lost £500.00 on this in 7 months :)
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/jayex_7/2005089.jpghttp://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/jayex_7/weeeck.jpg

illegalhunter
14th October 2006, 07:42 AM
lovely tti love red cars

johnsop1
14th October 2006, 08:16 AM
Andy - you could be correct. Anyway still think my MINI is GREAT. At the time I bought it Dundedin were selling one the same age for £10,000 that had done 24,000 miles. For the extra £500 I paid at the time got the following as extras compared to the Dunedin one Panoramic Sunroof, 'S' wheels, Leather upholstery, Spotlights and CD Player & changer and my car had only done 13,000 - so wasn't too bad really was it?

AndyP & Lenore
14th October 2006, 05:50 PM
Nice TT Jayex.:D