PDA

View Full Version : Another windscreen question...

DJBlack
12th October 2006, 05:16 AM
Guys... I need advice!

My MCS needs a new windscreen... whci I hope my insurance will cover.

It is a heated screen... and like everyone on here, I want a top job with none of thehorror stories that we have all heard on NMS...

So... to whom do I trust the job in Edinburgh?

Do you think the insurance company would cover me to go to Eastern? I dont want the typical "autoglas" job... been there...

Do you think I would get a non MINI replacement screen.... even though its heated?

Thanks in advance for the advice... I can just see the hassles comming over the hill towards me...

DJ

john
12th October 2006, 06:56 AM
Get your local MINI dealer to organise it for you;)

X30YES
12th October 2006, 07:56 AM
Autoglass mobile did my last windscreen ...top job, at the house as well

DJBlack
12th October 2006, 08:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Can I ask which branch did the work, and was it a heated screen?

DJ

GAJ
12th October 2006, 09:11 PM
RAC at Meadowbank did mine. No problems.

Gorbash12346
15th October 2006, 04:39 AM
heated screnn??? am i dreaming here?? i don't think mini's have heated front screens if thats the 1 ur talking about?? the only heating on a mini front windscreen is supplied by the heaterbox and associated gubbins, the fine wire quick clear type windscreen is ford technology

OBN
15th October 2006, 04:55 AM
The heated screen option is part of the Vis pack. Don't know how it works but I do know according to the spec sheet mine has it.

X30YES
15th October 2006, 05:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by DJBlack

quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Can I ask which branch did the work, and was it a heated screen?

DJ
It was Hamiltion or Burnbank as it was a 01698# ...not heated

DJBlack
15th October 2006, 07:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gorbash12346

heated screnn??? am i dreaming here?? i don't think mini's have heated front screens if thats the 1 ur talking about?? the only heating on a mini front windscreen is supplied by the heaterbox and associated gubbins, the fine wire quick clear type windscreen is ford technology

Yip - the screen is heated and does have fine wires, just like a F*rd... works wonders too....

DJ

Clare1
15th October 2006, 09:50 PM
MINI's do have heated screens if they have the Vis Pack. It has lots of tiny wavy wires down the screen if you look closely.

Gorbash12346
19th October 2006, 04:19 AM
ok i've done a few windscreens on mini's and never come across them yet so apologies just thought i'd have come across 1 by now