PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Trouble

moo coo
11th October 2006, 08:43 PM
Just recently the alarm on my Mini Cooper S (03) has been activated for no apparent reason. On the one occassion that I was next to my car when the alarm was sounding, I could see the Bonnet/Tailgate warning indicator flashing furiously.
Are there any Mini owners out there who have experienced similar problems? Is it possible to deactivate the whole alarm (not just the internal / motion sensor) yet still lock the vehicle?

Your advice would be appreciated by me, but more so by my tired and very grumpy neighbours!

OBN
11th October 2006, 10:05 PM
Had a very similiar problem with the alarm on my golf (twice) what happend was the pipe to the rear wash/wipe split in the tailgate the water leaked onto the sensor that lets the car know the boot is lock.

So even though the boot was physically locked the car thought the boot was open and off went the alarm.

Maybe something similar?!?!?

moo coo
12th October 2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks for that OBN. Just drove the car tonight after v heavy rain the boot open idicator was on (flashing)throughout the journey, even though the boot and bonnet were physically shut. I armed the alarm, but 15 mins later it was going off! I think it could be the tailgate / bonnet sensor triggering the alarm. I tried pulling the Alarm fuse, but on locking the car with remote & key, it automatically unlocks. Have not found a way of isolating the tailgate / bonnet sensor yet.

OBN
12th October 2006, 09:59 PM
When mines was playing up I called the breakdown service out, they disconnected the sensor which fooled the car into thinking the boot was always locked. It worked until I got time to take car into garage to get it sorted.

If you got breakdown assistance, then give them a call won't cost you anything

Burple
13th October 2006, 01:20 AM
<cof> Mini Assistance? <cof>

;)

moo coo
12th December 2006, 04:36 AM
I have managed to fix this now (thanks obn for the the tips). It turned out to be the bonnet microswitch shorting out, I got a new switch from Pheonix (£6.40) and fitted it myself (piece of wee-wee). When I compared the two swiches, the new one had a sort of resin seal protecting the gubbins stuff, whereas the knaked switch didn't, maybe it fell out or maybe there has been a mod.