PDA

View Full Version : Run to St Andrews :: Sunday 29th Feb 2004

Pages : 1 [2]

Willie M
26th February 2004, 05:57 PM
Yup. What ELFMAN just said :approve: Take it easy folks.

Mini Martyn
26th February 2004, 07:21 PM
It could also be an idea to put our Hazard lights on, on any bad bits to let everybody know to take it easy!

Big Col
26th February 2004, 07:32 PM
I might not be able to make it Seany. :( Since I'm not sure it's best to say I wont be needing lunch so I don't mess the numbers up if I can't make it.

Monsta Mo Mini
26th February 2004, 07:33 PM
The route is now available online for download.

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/downloads/St_Andrews.pdf

As usual, you'll require Acrobat Reader to view this file. It is available as a free download from http://www.adobe.co.uk

Julz
26th February 2004, 07:43 PM
Will have to try downloading this at home, as the wonderful connection here is crap and I see nowt!!!:dead:

Starky
26th February 2004, 09:47 PM
I'd like to try n drop in on u guys wi the bear (aka Mary) n meet you all, if thats ok wi everybody, don't put us down for lunch though just in case.

seany
26th February 2004, 09:58 PM
Starky, add you to the list.

seany
26th February 2004, 10:03 PM
myself and una will be checking the roads out before the run,(for ice,snow and road works)

seany
26th February 2004, 10:48 PM
spoke to St Andrews police today, very happy about us stoping of there, parking at west sands (5000 car park spaces) but it will cost £1.50 per car, all day parking.
already spoke to perth police about a month ago, thay are happy as well.

roll on sunday!!!

Bazthemod
27th February 2004, 01:10 AM
HEY HEY can't wait my mums hyper too she just went out and bought a new red coat to go with MIIGYN's paintwork:I Shes mad:clown:

See you all Sunday:D

ELFMAN
27th February 2004, 02:07 AM
Well done Seany! Looking forward to it.
Thanks for the organising.

KAH
27th February 2004, 04:29 PM
Seany, I'll be bringing 2 mates with me but count us out for lunch..Cheers for all the organisation.

Elfman.....Will hopefully see you on road up to Stirling

This is my first run...Its goin to Kick Ass!!
Re doin intsall especially!

ELFMAN
27th February 2004, 05:43 PM
Will watch out for you on the road - and will make sure my Ass is safely out of the way....

Anybody got a Mobile Car Wash? Bloody SALT!!!! GRRRRRRRR! etc.

minidriver#1
27th February 2004, 07:09 PM
i cant believe is snowin :( pretty heavy in Dundee now. hopefully it'll pass.

seany
27th February 2004, 08:32 PM
it is snowing here (inverness)

run still on but we will have to take it easy

Julz
27th February 2004, 08:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

i cant believe is snowin :( pretty heavy in Dundee now. hopefully it'll pass.

NOOOO, I want home early!!!:eek::D

Monsta Mo Mini
27th February 2004, 08:45 PM
Just started in Edinburgh.

AndyP & Lenore
27th February 2004, 09:00 PM
Snowing v heavy in The Borders. :( Bad for business. Worse still - BAD FOR MINI'S!!!

AndyP

Wul
27th February 2004, 09:53 PM
i'm sure you'll be fine http://www.met-office.gov.uk/lib/includes/fsssi/city/st_andrews.html

Starky
28th February 2004, 01:45 AM
It's ok in Airdrie.

Bazthemod
28th February 2004, 01:57 AM
First time i've wished it to stop snowing!:eek: We're usually the 1st school in Dundee to close since were at the top of a hill:)

Neil and Lorna
28th February 2004, 02:18 AM
Hello folks. my very very first post on this site.
Purchased a new mini nov 03 a silver cooper s with black roof.
i was told about your website and proposed run on sunday 29 feb.
initially we couldnt make it but decided to rearrangeour diary.
so if its at all possible at this late stage to join you on the run and for lunch we would be gratefull if its possible it would be myself and my wife Lorna.

minidriver#1
28th February 2004, 02:19 AM
what school you at?

the roads around dundee are ok now, so hopefully the same will be said for sunday :)

Jeff
28th February 2004, 02:48 AM
Hope everyone has a good day on Sunday, I'll hopefully get along to the next run!

phantom
28th February 2004, 02:52 AM
there is no snow in fife :cool:

minidriver#1
28th February 2004, 03:44 AM
whats that 35 cars now? blimey, this is the biggest number of cars so far right?

woo hoo!

sh@z
28th February 2004, 05:23 AM
For those leaving from Edinburgh...

The Car park in Inverkeithing sounds fine for me, is that the one where we met for the Cullen run? Over the bridge, and 1st slip road off etc?

AndyP & Lenore
28th February 2004, 05:57 AM
sh@z, Is that the "Park and ride" car park? I don't know that area very well.

What time should the southerners all meet up at?

AndyP

AndyP & Lenore
28th February 2004, 05:59 AM
If it is the "Park and ride", I should be able to find that. There are a few signposts. :)

AndyP

sh@z
28th February 2004, 06:05 AM
yeah the park and ride is the one im thinkin about ... ok lets meet there then :p

8:30 sounds alright, as long as we can get to perth in plenty time :)

Kirsty
28th February 2004, 09:02 AM
Oh dear should I pull out of this one or drive at the back??? After the last run's little mis-hap this looks like a replay!!!:blackeye: I've just had new tyres and brakes fitted EVERYWHERE so I should be ok!!! (I will still be coming!!):D

quote:Originally posted by Julz

I have been informed that the Glenfarg road is currently VERY slippy and VERY dangerous due to the oil from the landfill site traffic (only landfill in Scotland that takes all the nasty stuff!!), which has resulted a two major accidents at the weekend and several minor ones!! My boss lives in Glenfarg and says that evernight his car likes to go sidey-ways, so be warned!!!

p.s. all those with air-horns, can you give them a blast as soon as we enter Glenfarg at the 30mph signs!!!! TA!!:D

Bazthemod
28th February 2004, 09:16 AM
I'm at Braeview KJ total dump and full of neds:mad: we got sent home last year because teachers couldn't get up and down the brae!:D

KAH
28th February 2004, 07:20 PM
What time for will be leaving stirling?

macblob
28th February 2004, 07:45 PM
Ill meet up with the Edinburgh crew at the Forth Rd Bridge rather than going via Stirling me thinks.

Shaz u know how to get to the meeting point in Perth as im not 100% sure where it is:D

Ive got a rough idea

Btw 8.30am is a lil early isnt it?.....Perth aint that far.

AndyP & Lenore
28th February 2004, 07:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by macblob

I'd agree macblob. 8.45 sounds better. sh@z?

AndyP

macblob
28th February 2004, 09:36 PM
8.45 sounds better to me Andy, see you guys at the park and ride :D

Craig
28th February 2004, 09:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by KAH

What time for will be leaving stirling?

there are a few cars meeting at stirling at approx 9am, leaving there about 9:15hrs so that we make it to Perth before 10am (don't want to be late like low_n_loud....:p

seany
28th February 2004, 09:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Neil

Hello folks. my very very first post on this site.
Purchased a new mini nov 03 a silver cooper s with black roof.
i was told about your website and proposed run on sunday 29 feb.
initially we couldnt make it but decided to rearrangeour diary.
so if its at all possible at this late stage to join you on the run and for lunch we would be gratefull if its possible it would be myself and my wife Lorna.

welcome to the site Neil, there is still plenty room on the run, i will add you and Lorna.

seany
28th February 2004, 10:01 PM
1.Sean & Una + 2 and 2 minis
2.Duncan & Helen
4.Shoppie + 1
5.Willie M
6.Kirsty
7.Julz & Rob
8.Mini Martyn + 1
9.John aka Zoooooom
10.Big Col (no lunch)
11.Linda M
12.KJ
13.Low_N_Loud1
14.Qulk +(1-3)?
15.Elfman + 1
16.Macblob + 1
17.Satelite
18.Craigd + Jude
19.Broken Brian + 1?
20.Yiponwah + Chis
21.B4d4ing
22.Shona
23.Phantom + 1
24.Monsta Mo Mini (no lunch)
25.Gaj and cherl ?
26.Chris (2 cars) 4 for lunch
27.Zimbo
28.Niall Walker
29.Bazthemod + 2 (no lunch)
30.Caroll+1 (no lunch)
31.Steve74
32.Sh@z
33.Kah (no lunch)
34.Andyp +1
35.Starky (no lunch)
36.Neil +1

can anyone on this list not going to be there,can you let me know as soon as pos,thank you.

is everone on this list having lunch at littlejohns if not can you let me know if not please,thank you.

seany
28th February 2004, 10:05 PM
All roads on run is ok, no ice or snow on them.

sh@z
28th February 2004, 10:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP

quote:Originally posted by macblob

I'd agree macblob. 8.45 sounds better. sh@z?

AndyP

heh.. fine by me .. later the better :D

macblob
28th February 2004, 10:28 PM
Bbbrrrrrrrrr just wahed the 3 inches of slat of the car, dunno why mind u cause by the time I get to Perth it will be filthy again :mad:

See you all tomorrow, looking forward to it!!!

Steve74
29th February 2004, 03:05 AM
Shaz, Macblob & AndyP,

Also leaving from edinburgh, will hook up at the P&R at 8.45 if that's cool - not sure where the perth hook up is either!

Starky
29th February 2004, 03:38 AM
Seany, i dont think i'll make this run, but hope u guys enjoy ur day, hope the sun shines 'n' the snow melts, catch up on you all later, sorry.

Willie M
29th February 2004, 05:21 PM
Beautiful morning here in Crieff just now, looks like we're going to get a good day for the run :cool:

See yez all in a wee while :)

weefossy
1st March 2004, 03:52 AM
Hope everybody had a great run today:cool:;sorry we couldn't make it because of daughter Claire's 18th last night. On her way back to uni, she saw everyone leaving St Andrews. She was in boyfriends' Dark Blue mini One LM03OLT, She recognised "Low n Loud", but wasn't sure about the others. I was quite jealous:(Think we might have a new addition to NMS though:).

Duncan Stewart
1st March 2004, 04:04 AM
Another great run with fantastic weather and superb roads :D :cool: . Well done Seany - brilliant day out.
Great to catch up with folks and meet some new members.
So here are a few photos
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Duncan Stewart/27768_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Duncan Stewart/27768.jpg)
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Duncan Stewart/27771_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Duncan Stewart/27771.jpg)
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Duncan Stewart/27776_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Duncan Stewart/27776.jpg)

Willie M
1st March 2004, 04:30 AM
:cool: Great day out, great weather, great roads, great cars and loads of great folks :approve: Chunk thoroughly enjoyed his 1st Mini run :D

Great to see all the regulars and so many newbies too. Apologies to those I never got a chance to have a word with.

A big well done and many thanks to Seany & Una and the other organisers who helped make it all happen (Duncan, Helen, Calum, and anyone else I've missed :I).

Oh, and apparently Duncan didn't get lost this time :clown: He just likes to throw in his own wee route variations from time to time ;):D

Hopefully see you all again soon. I'm away for a wee lie down, still trembling at the thought of KJ's wheels :eek::eek:;):D

Bazthemod
1st March 2004, 04:36 AM
Brilliant well done Seany and everyone else! What a run for our first! We're hooked now so bring on the next one!:evil::D:evil:

Thanks for making us so welcome and Seany your Mini "facelift" looks much better in the flesh good job;):cool:

KAH
1st March 2004, 04:37 AM
Just got back from run....Brilliant!!! that route was spot on...Well done Sean. My 2 non driving non car liking mates luv'd it!

Mini Martyn
1st March 2004, 04:37 AM
Wow what a great day, thanks to Sean and Una for organising the day and to every one else that helped out to.

How good was the weather too roll on the summer runs!! :cool:

It was great to see every one again and the newbies as well, hope to see you all on the next one.

Is 30 Minis going to be the minimum entry from now on?

See you all again soon?!

Linda M
1st March 2004, 05:00 AM
Big thanks to Sean and Una! Super run, well done! The weather was just superb too :cool::D

Nice to see such a great turnout, as usual didn't get much of a chance to chat to most of the newbies but nice to see you all :cool: As for the 'regulars' what can I say, such nice folks :clown:

Mini Martyns entrance to a run is always a treat :D Needs better taste in music though :p
Enjoyed your company LNL for a fair bit of the route :cool:
Near the end Daisy was getting just a bit too frightened at the thought of having surgery to remove Broken Brian for her rear end :eek:;) Just as well I was just 'playing' Brian ;):clown:
Loved the wheels KJ :cool:
As always a treat to see BabyB :cool: Hope her butt is OK :D
Hubby's MINI was ok :p

Mini's, Mini's, MINI'S :D:D:D

phantom
1st March 2004, 05:11 AM
Well done seany and all for a great first run, cant wait for more:D:cool::p:kiss:

Vosh
1st March 2004, 05:21 AM
Sounds like a good 'un. Really wanted to make it but couldn't (obviously!), hopefully make the next one! When is the next one actually?!

Kirsty
1st March 2004, 05:28 AM
Brilliant run!! Thank you Sean and Una!!!! Excellent roads and scenery!!! AND I MADE IT IN ONE PIECE!!!! Hope everyone else did too!! Didn't hear of any mishaps!!! Nice to see everyone again and those for the first time!!!

duncan
1st March 2004, 05:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Oh, and apparently Duncan didn't get lost this time :clown: He just likes to throw in his own wee route variations from time to time ;):D

Ahem, shepherding duties! Honest. There's no truth in the rumour I was distracted by the scoreline from Tannadice!

Great Run, nice roads, good feed, nice folks, and a 2-0 win, what a day.

macblob
1st March 2004, 05:46 AM
Thanks very much for another great MINI day out :D

Cracking weather , great rds, and loads of nutters hehehehhe

Well done Sean & Una

broken_brian
1st March 2004, 05:59 AM
well done sean and una for the great run 2day when i finaly got there :D

ps: any one want to buy a brand new alternator and battery u get a mini classic free with them :clown::clown:

Burple
1st March 2004, 06:47 AM
quote:
She recognised "Low n Loud", but wasn't sure about the others.

Ooops.. busted!!! :I

heh heh heh :D:cool:

Julz
1st March 2004, 06:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

She's a little sore, few too many bumps and scrapes for me to even begin to think about!! Thankfully the kit is going back for a full re-spray soon!!:eek:

Cheers to Sean and Una for a great run, and also Mother Nature for giving us sunshone for once!!

Hadrians Wall run next?? 14th March??:p

Burple
1st March 2004, 06:58 AM
Ditto Ditto Ditto...
What everyone else says!

Great Run, Great weather and a Great bunch of nutters to be out with!! :D:cool:
....mmmm... and good food too! (even tho someone scoffed half my dessert! - you know who you are!!;);):D)

A big thanks to all you guys who organised the day! Nice one!!

Let's hope all the runs this year are so much fun and mishap (and Green Astra) free! :D:cool:

And I have to echo Duncan too... what an end to the day!
Fortress Tannadice lives again!! Woohoo!!
Altogether now...
" Love is in the Air........" :cool::D:cool::D

shoppie
1st March 2004, 07:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

Is 30 Minis going to be the minimum entry from now on?

Fast approaching 40 for the Arbroath Event!!:D:D

Great day everyone. Big slap on the back for Sean & Una. Well done!

See you all in Arbroath I hope?:p:p

Kirsty
1st March 2004, 07:54 AM
I was just making sure it wasn't poisoned honest guv!!!

AndyP & Lenore
1st March 2004, 08:05 AM
Well done Sean and Una! Great day. Great run. Great route. Had a great time. Never seen so many dropped jaws as we were driving through town centre's.

Looking forward to the next run. Maybe even make Arbroath in July. :)

Images are on MINI2.com

AndyP

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/16506/27828_thumb.jpg
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/gallery_16506.html

zimbo
1st March 2004, 09:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

....she saw everyone leaving St Andrews. She was in boyfriends' Dark Blue mini One LM03OLT, She recognised "Low n Loud"

Yeh that would have been because of the glare from his bald heed!!! It's easy to spot from a few miles off. ;)

seany
1st March 2004, 07:01 PM

quote:Originally posted by Linda M

She's a little sore, few too many bumps and scrapes for me to even begin to think about!! Thankfully the kit is going back for a full re-spray soon!!:eek:

Cheers to Sean and Una for a great run, and also Mother Nature for giving us sunshone for once!!

Hadrians Wall run next?? 14th March??:p

Hadrians wall run is on the 28th march

Julz
1st March 2004, 07:16 PM
I know, I was getting muddled up with a Porsche Club outing, am I not allowed to make ONE mistake????:evil:

seany
1st March 2004, 07:27 PM

I know, I was getting muddled up with a Porsche Club outing, am I not allowed to make ONE mistake????:evil:

heehee,
let you off.

seany
1st March 2004, 07:30 PM
i would like to thank very one for being on the run, it was a good day, and hope for many more!!!

duncan
1st March 2004, 07:35 PM

Well, if i'm not, i dont see why you can!;)

Steve74
1st March 2004, 07:38 PM
Just wanted to say what an excellent run St. Andrews was and it was nice to meet you all for the first time. Looking forward to the next run... Will post the pics soon!:D

Mini Martyn
1st March 2004, 08:47 PM
Ment to mention, on the way back to Glasgow the Monkey and I over took a wee old lady who gave us the finger as wee over took, not very freindly I thought!!:evil:

Willie M
1st March 2004, 10:34 PM
Bad monkey, no banana :blackeye::D

Jeff
1st March 2004, 11:23 PM
Sounds like a good day oot, hopefully get along to the next meet!!

phantom
2nd March 2004, 03:14 AM
Bored everyone at work today with all the stories about the run :evil:, hi to steve 74, Im Chris who was parked in front of you at the start, red cooper white roof and sunroof, I have found a web site for roof graphics for minis with sunroofs, OH DEAR !!!!! ;), hope Alison my wife doent see this.:p

ELFMAN
2nd March 2004, 05:14 AM
Sean and Una, thanks for organising another fine MINI day out. They say the sun shines on the righteous - we must be the exception that proves the rule!

Now driving my “Lightweight” S - that's right, I washed the dust off. Now only 190 miles till it's run in. (Twitches eyebrows and lets out “Dr. Evil” never-ending laugh).

Nice to see everybody again, and good to see the new faces. Onwards and Upwards, folks!

Gismo
2nd March 2004, 12:23 PM
Looks like i missed out on a great run :evil: well done to seany and una for organising the latest NMS event :) Who's next :p