PDA

View Full Version : is this boy on a scam

ianking
10th October 2006, 10:32 PM
look at this cooper S convertible on e-bay. The seller has got a note on the description that he has a buy it now price of £4200. Surely it is a scam. Particularly as he has a rating of 0 and so does the first bidder.

eBay Scam (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-MINI-COOPER-S-RED-CONVERTIBLE_W0QQitemZ170037596395QQihZ007QQcategor yZ38708QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Scottie
10th October 2006, 10:35 PM
Scam scam scam. Tell him your really interested in buying the car but you want to view it first. Just wait and see what he says.:clown::clown:

PACMAN
10th October 2006, 10:35 PM
There a bunch like that ebay at the moment. i reckon this is a scam as here register in the USA and sell a UK car :disapprove:

it's a nice car as well

ianking
10th October 2006, 10:38 PM
yes I noticed a GP for sale the other week with the same format, buy it now for £12000. Apparently he just needed to sell it. When I looked at other GP listings he had just stolen the photo's from a genuine sellers listing.

john
10th October 2006, 11:56 PM
I bid for a cooper yesterday and five minutes later I got a cancelled bid notice,I emailed the seller and got no reply.

TO55ER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bignorm
11th October 2006, 12:09 AM
look at the highest bidders feed back well a scam

monkimagic
11th October 2006, 01:22 AM
Yep, looks like the ebay scammer detection boys are out to declare this is a scam.

Gismo
11th October 2006, 01:28 AM
You can pretty much guarantee that any auction that mentions in the main text to only send an e-mail to a specified e-mail address and not to select the e-mail the seller a question, then it's a scam :approve:

Burple
11th October 2006, 01:33 AM
And did nobody notice anything wrong with the description??

"4-Wheel Drive, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Driver Airbag, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Immobiliser, Passenger Airbag, Rear seat belts, Safety Belt Pretensioners, Side Airbags"

:D:D:D:D:D:D
4WD Cooper S convertible?? WHEN??? ;):D:D:p:p
dunno if I'd like a car with ESP ;);)

Bignorm
11th October 2006, 04:21 PM
i sent an email wishing to view the car here is my reply

Hello there,
I appreciate that you contacted me. First of all, the car will be shipped from Usa where I`m located due to my job.
I have a car from my job to drive here, so I can`t keep the car anymore, pay insurance and all the associated taxes, as I have a 5 years contract here. It is very difficult for me to drive a right-handed car in Usa , so I`m forced to sell it, but my lost will be your gain.
There is no outstanding finance on the car. It has not been stolen, has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects.
It is in immaculate condition,meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident. The motor runs awesome. The tires are like new.
The car comeswith log book, HPI cleared, it is free of encumbrances and liens. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car into your name.
Buy it now price is £ 3800 pounds with shipping/handling included. If the car is not how I`ve described it, I will offer a full refund, upon the return of the item in original condition (return shipping at my expense).
It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered in front of your door.
The payment will be made through Ebay and only after you will receive the car i will receive the payment.
If you agree with these terms, please email me your full name and address and I will be more than glad to start to complete the transaction with you.
Looking forward to hear from you soon!
Regards,
Tara

PACMAN
11th October 2006, 04:28 PM
Scam :evil:

ianking
11th October 2006, 04:45 PM
The photos were taken in the UK though. Nobody would let that car go for £3800. It would cost that almost to ship it and pay taxes. They must think the UK public have their heads up their ar=*

X30YES
11th October 2006, 04:52 PM
Ian ....tsk tsk .....(_!_) or (_*_) plz ;):D

Gismo
11th October 2006, 04:58 PM
Bignorm, not so long ago i saw another scam, i led the guy along all the way to costing him money to set up the money transfer, great fun.
If you do the same be careful though not to use your main e-mail account, just in case :p

Bignorm
11th October 2006, 04:59 PM
cheers for the info well a scam tho

monkimagic
12th October 2006, 02:31 AM
Some fool try a Scam awhile back with Nena's Mini, ebays a bloody minefield .:dead:

PACMAN
12th October 2006, 04:46 AM
ebay has finally remove this item

PACMAN
12th October 2006, 04:50 AM
here another one
eBay Scam (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-MINI-MINI-COOPER-BLUE_W0QQitemZ170038199852QQihZ007QQcategoryZ38708 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/101359.htm

:disapprove::disapprove: