PDA

View Full Version : JCW S Review in Autocar

Linda M
19th March 2003, 09:43 PM
Autocar out today has a great review on the JCW S....4 pages then there's a bit on the Cabrio AND they done a reader poll on Europes best cars, guess where the MINI came ???? WELL go get your copy :D

Gismo
20th March 2003, 12:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

Autocar out today has a great review on the JCW S....4 pages then there's a bit on the Cabrio AND they done a reader poll on Europes best cars, guess where the MINI came ???? WELL go get your copy :D
See this thread on Mini2 http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26973&perpage=20&pagenumber=1 scroll down and see my comment and then read on to see the slagging i took for my comments.

Seems that there are far too many personal posts on MINI2 nowadays.

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
20th March 2003, 01:59 AM
I've noticed for awhile that some of the threads on MINI2 get personal, folk need to think before they type!
Noticed someone mentioned Autoexpress has a works feature to.

Julz
20th March 2003, 04:58 AM
Ah bugger Linda, didn't realise you'd put this in! I've put in a couple of quotes in the news bittie though!:I

Willie M
20th March 2003, 07:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

See this thread on Mini2 http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26973&perpage=20&pagenumber=1 scroll down and see my comment and then read on to see the slagging i took for my comments.

Seems that there are far too many personal posts on MINI2 nowadays.

Thought you handled the situation with remarkable decorum Alan, doubt I could have remained so calm. Still, at least the guy had the decency to apologise.

sh@z
20th March 2003, 09:03 AM
I just read that reply, and the s works looks wicked....

It should have had those awesome 18" JCS wheels on it tho, ive seen a picture on the john cooper site and they are superb.

Gismo
20th March 2003, 06:15 PM
Sh@z, probably the reason for no 18" alloys will be due to the handling and overall performance of the 16" ones.
18" are more for looks than ride quality

Bonnie Scotland

sh@z
20th March 2003, 09:56 PM
they had 17's on the one tested didnt they, the multi spoke titanium studded ones?

Also uses same tires as mine which got a thumbs up (pirelli run-flat Euphori) :D

Linda M
20th March 2003, 10:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Ah bugger Linda, didn't realise you'd put this in! I've put in a couple of quotes in the news bittie though!:I
Julz, In hindsight I should've put this thread in the news section but as usual I was rushing about :I

Linda M
20th March 2003, 10:14 PM
Just got a copy of Autoexpress and there's another good JCW 4 pager plus the front cover is taken up with loads of MINI's :cool:
Ohhhhhhhh, I am SO tempted :evil:

KenL
20th March 2003, 10:33 PM

Just got a copy of Autoexpress and there's another good JCW 4 pager plus the front cover is taken up with loads of MINI's :cool:
Ohhhhhhhh, I am SO tempted :evil:

What, to buy another MINI or a copy of Autoexpress :D:p

Willie M
21st March 2003, 12:54 AM
Hopefully :eek: just another copy of Autoexpress :eek:

SCooper
23rd March 2003, 05:49 AM
I think I will be going for the JCW Package rather than the hartge one as it seems far more comprehensive and with the amount of work done actually begins to justify the cost!

Gismo
25th March 2003, 09:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by SCooper

I think I will be going for the JCW Package rather than the hartge one as it seems far more comprehensive and with the amount of work done actually begins to justify the cost!
Thats exactly why i didn't choose it, all those bits for that price ;)

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
26th March 2003, 04:12 AM
I'm taking Daisy to the dealers tomorrow 'JUST' to 'ASK' about the conversion ;);)

Linda M
27th March 2003, 12:40 AM
I went and asked :D:D:D

Gismo
27th March 2003, 12:44 AM

So you decided to keep your money and get a more cost effective conversion ;):clown:

Bonnie Scotland

KenL
27th March 2003, 12:45 AM
...and...???

Willie M
27th March 2003, 01:41 AM

Oh bl**dy hell .... :eek::disapprove: