PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Plated New Mini

Kosta
10th October 2006, 01:28 AM
I was at Spa Francorchamps this weekend and there were 2 new Minis there. Both Cooper S on 06 plates with the badges taped up.

Can't help but think the exterior looked really bland! The interior looked quite cool though.

anyway here is a pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/focuskosta/newmini07.jpg

Craig
10th October 2006, 01:32 AM
see what you mean.... needs a bit of modding, but that's what we do anyway... ;)

Kosta
10th October 2006, 01:44 AM
The black one looked just as bad. didnt get a pic of that one though

X30YES
10th October 2006, 02:19 AM
MMM that colour of blue will need some sort of decal to lift the dullness , ie white stripes or silver

PACMAN
10th October 2006, 02:22 AM
doesn't look a straight forward job for taking off the from bumper now :eek:

Scottie
10th October 2006, 06:47 AM
is that lighting blue colour:( I'm not a blue car fan but that's awful:(

Craig
10th October 2006, 03:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

it's laser blue, lightning blue is not out for a few months yet... :D

Scottie
10th October 2006, 04:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

it's laser blue, lightning blue is not out for a few months yet... :D

Take it that's the one on show at Paris don't care for that colour either. will be ten a penny;):p

Burple
10th October 2006, 06:20 PM
Who's idea was it that that black grille looked good?
They need a new job working for Kia :dead::dead:

There's just nothing about that which stands out like the current model..
Anybody know if there's a dealer-fit option to get rifd of the awful yellow front indicators?

ELFMAN
10th October 2006, 06:56 PM
HOW BLAND IS THAT??! Well done MINI! How to make the 'S' look like a base model ONE - and not as good looking as the 'current' ONE either.

Do they actually have any current designers at MINI who know how to make a car look good, or have they all topped themselves after the horrors of the GP Bodykit and Wheels? By the way, I've read that the GP's massive rear 'Strut Brace' isn't really that 'structural', but there for legal reasons.....to stop your messages sliding forward. Methinks the original petrolhead MINI Team have been replaced by cuddly people from the Early Learning Centre! I despair.

Scottie
10th October 2006, 07:09 PM
well TBH I think the colour does not help the cars case.

I fear that in the case of the NEW NEW Mini how good the car looks may well depend on what colour you choose. Is'nt it funny though because really they have not made that many major changes to the outside of the vehicle.

The current model pretty much lloks good in any colour I don't think the same can be said for this model. Thank God I picked Mellow Yellow.;):p:cool:

ianking
10th October 2006, 07:17 PM
I thought that colour in the photo looked OK. Looks a bit like Hyper Blue. I really hope that the sparkling silver (champagne) type colour looks good when I see it on the car as I fancy that colour.
I do think they have gone a bit bland with the colours for the new model though. Particularly when you see how many smart colours you can get for a new Fiesta these days.

Scottie
11th October 2006, 06:22 AM
over on mini2 they say this is lighting blue

still dose not look the best

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/R56spa2.jpg

PACMAN
11th October 2006, 06:24 AM
it look like it has put on weight on the front :eek::)

Kosta
11th October 2006, 07:34 AM

over on mini2 they say this is lighting blue

still dose not look the best

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/R56spa2.jpg

Thats exactly the same car :D I just disguised the reg!

Crombers
11th October 2006, 09:30 PM
YUK!!!! , I'm still not getting this whole revamp thingy.
As I've said before , I'll wait until after 'launch day' & 'test drive' to comment in full

zimbo
11th October 2006, 10:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

....I'll wait until after 'launch day' & 'test drive' to comment in full

Same here :D

The new headlights are HUGE...:dead:

ELFMAN
13th October 2006, 09:34 PM
The blue MINI ONE posted by Angus on the “Side by Side” thread looks nicer - check it out.....

K18ARY
13th October 2006, 10:13 PM
Hmmmm I like it!! The colour isn't the best but I reckon a black or grey model could look pretty stealthy with that black grill. Headlights are quite big but I like the idea of the styling being a variation of the original, kind of like the 911 styling route.

Anything that keeps me from having to drive a rep mobile is a good thing. thumbs up to the new mini from me. Awaits a lynching from the masses:blackeye::blackeye::blackeye: