PDA

View Full Version : The Nurburgring nordschleife-circuit

weefozzy Jr
9th October 2006, 08:57 PM
Well what can i say, apart from "OH MY GOD"
Myself and 2 mates made the trip to the famous toll road last week. After missing our first ferry from newcastle as my mate forgot his passport (i hated the night out on the toon ;) ) we finally made it across the water and into amsterdam a day late. From there we headed straight to our hotel run by the parents of the famous Sabine. before checking in we took a blast around the track. OH my god it was amazing. words cant explain the feeling of racing around. it is a must. for the next three days we blasted around the track in the cars we had driven across and jumped into other peoples cars to be a passenger in some mental motors. what a play ground - millions of pounds of cars and the smell of fuel - hmmmm heaven. After driving the track in a subaru and meeting sabine i dont think anything could of got better. i dont know what else to say. but i'll be going back in April/May as soon as the weather is clear, as the track is unreal when wet :evil:
If anyone wants details let me know, the trip aint cheap but worth every penny. thats another box ticked. :approve:

PACMAN
9th October 2006, 09:12 PM
so how fast did you get round it in ? :p

hyperflick
9th October 2006, 09:47 PM
He's only pretending he got to drive round it, his mates didn't trust him after rolling his mini:D:D:D:D

Only joking Neil!!!!;);)

From what I'm led to believe he done quite well but not sure of what speed he managed, it is Neil we're talkin about after all so it would of been fast:p:p:p:p

zimbo
9th October 2006, 09:49 PM
Mmmm NMS trip to the NURBURGRING :D

One of my mates was there last year with his bike and a couple of his mates and he said it was amazing. :p

OBN
9th October 2006, 10:45 PM
Sounds like a good idea a pilgrimage to the Nurburgring sounds great was planning on doing on the bike this year but it never happened due to the fact they impose a strict noice limit of 100 db and the bike is 102 db (nothing to do with the fact it would be much safer to go round it for the first time in a car).

Who else would be up for this?

What kinda cost are we looking at?

ianking
9th October 2006, 10:51 PM
Oh yes I would definately like to do that. Need to know how many pennies the trip would cost. Then add 2 new tyres and new front brakes on top as well.

weefozzy Jr
9th October 2006, 11:09 PM
To be honest you dont chew through the tires and brakes as much as you think. Its the fuel that ends up costing.
I will sit down and have a look through the full cost of my trip / what it would cost per person, then see who would be interested in a trip to the Nurburgring. will take a few weeks but i'll get on it.
To answer the questions about lap times ( although your not ment to time ) in the subaru i drove a 10 min lap and in the other cars was hitting mid 8 mins. cant wait to take my own car. there noise level restriction is a hit or miss depending on there mood.

Scottie
9th October 2006, 11:28 PM
did you get a video done.???

I was there 2 years back teamed up with a FFRR a Porsche Cayenne and us in our V10.

zimbo
9th October 2006, 11:59 PM
Well I've always wanted to visit/have a go on the nurburgring, so depending on costs etc I'd be up for an NMS trip there :D

PACMAN
10th October 2006, 01:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY8jfRdWV9A&mode=related&search=

Crombers
10th October 2006, 02:56 AM
Oi AndyP , finger out :p;)

AndyP & Lenore
10th October 2006, 03:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Oi AndyP , finger out :p;)

Nae chance.:eek::blackeye:

Crombers