PDA

View Full Version : Some New Mini Questions.

KenL
9th October 2006, 04:46 PM
Sorry if this has been covered before but I have a few questions.

1. Are the fuel figures for the Cooper real? They look very impressive or that could be over optimistic! 61mpg extra-urban and 48mpg combined seem very unlikely for a petrol engine.

2. What engine/bhp will the ONE have?

3. As 2. for the diesel.

4. Will TLC be offered?

Thanks.

Wul
9th October 2006, 07:11 PM
Hey Ken - you being tempted back from the dark side? ;)

zimbo
9th October 2006, 08:01 PM
I've just read that the ONE will apparently have 1.4 engine, is that right? :eek:

PACMAN
9th October 2006, 08:10 PM
mini one diesel has 1.4 engine
Mini one 1.6 90BHP 16v

:approve:

ianking
9th October 2006, 08:27 PM
I heard the NEW mini one will have 1.4 petrol as well and that the NEW diesel will be a Cooper

OBN
9th October 2006, 09:25 PM
I've heard that there will be two diesel versions a normal One (or Two as I think they'll rename the One) and a Cooper version.

KenL
10th October 2006, 12:16 AM
Wul,

You never know! If the new MINI is better build than the ONE I had then it will be on my list but probably not till next September.

If people really do find the fuel consumption as impressive as the figures suggest then I could well be tempted into a ONE or Cooper.

Another Golf is also a possibility though.

OBN
10th October 2006, 12:54 AM
From what I've seen so far I'd say the Mini is better built than the Golf.

My reason for changing to a Mini from the Golf is similar acceleration but more miles to the gallon. Golf is lucky to get 32 mpg. Just hoping that the Mini handles as good as the Golf and I get used to front wheel drive again.

KenL
10th October 2006, 03:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by OBN

From what I've seen so far I'd say the Mini is better built than the Golf.

My reason for changing to a Mini from the Golf is similar acceleration but more miles to the gallon. Golf is lucky to get 32 mpg. Just hoping that the Mini handles as good as the Golf and I get used to front wheel drive again.

My mkV Golf is WAY better built than the 2002 MINI I had. Every panel in that car had a rattle at some point or another. It really was that poor. It also had 10 or more visits to the dealer for faults in the 22 months I had it. These are the reasons I didn't buy another.

On fuel what models are you comparing? My 1.6 Golf with 115bhp gets just over 40mpg on average. My smaller/lighter ONE with 90bhp only got about 36mpg.

The figures for the new model look much better than the current car.

OBN
10th October 2006, 03:35 AM
Its a mkIV Golf 2.8 V6 4motion, the Golf was built very well, I did test drive a couple of MKV's looked at the R32 but decided I didn't need so much power, the interiors on the other cars looked a bit on the cheap side, saying that I was probably spoilt by the interior on the 4motion, black leather recaro's kinda make the tartan interior on the new GTi a bit tacky, even the dealers will admit when pushed that the Mk IV golf is a better built car.

If only it wasn't so damn thirsty

KenL
10th October 2006, 04:04 AM

black leather recaro's kinda make the tartan interior on the new GTi a bit tacky,

I love those seats :I

OBN
10th October 2006, 04:39 AM
The tartan ones?

KenL
10th October 2006, 08:40 PM

The tartan ones?

Aye, I like those ones:p

euan
10th October 2006, 08:45 PM
Me too :)