PDA

View Full Version : Dog proof cover for the rear bumper

The Dogfather
9th October 2006, 04:44 PM
First up, this ain't for a MINI.

Anyone got any sensible ideas how I can stop the rear bumper from getting anymore scratched that it already is when the dog jumps into the boot of the car?

PACMAN
9th October 2006, 04:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon
First up, this ain't for a MINI.

Anyone got any sensible ideas how I can stop the rear bumper from getting anymore scratched that it already is when the dog jumps into the boot of the car?

how about a plastic clear sticker

The Dogfather
9th October 2006, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure how long a sticker will last when faced with our pooches method of getting into the car, plus I want to cover some scratches which the hound has already caused....

Neil and Lorna
9th October 2006, 05:01 PM
VB

Lift the wee mute in and out like I do no stickers required keeps the car scratch free and sticker free.

That's ok so long as its not a massive dog.

I have a border collie as well as yourself and don't find it a problem.

Only suggestion.

Neil.

The Dogfather
9th October 2006, 05:06 PM
Ours doesn't like being picked up, he also gets so excited that he's in the car the moment the boot opens.

He just loves the car, you can't say or even spell the word out without him getting worked up. I think he's a bit of a speed freak, I reckon he pulls faces at the cars behind when we overtake :p

Scottie
9th October 2006, 05:08 PM
I am not sure about your make of car Paul normally I get load space covers for 4x4's which include a wee flap that goes down and over the bumper.

you could try

hatchbag (http://www.hatchbag.co.uk/products.asp?ID=1)

or the dog-bag websites.

PACMAN
9th October 2006, 05:15 PM
or this http://www.bumperbib.co.uk/bumper_bibs.html

The Dogfather
9th October 2006, 05:22 PM
Hatchbag don't do Smart or Mitsi Colt and the bumper bib is ok but the car get pretty grimey and the dog jumps on the bid sliding the muck across the paintwork - more scratches. I reckon a rubber mat cut to size would do but can't find a source.....

Gismo
9th October 2006, 05:31 PM
Hmm, i was gonna suggest a thick sheet that you can simply roll out and in as required, but, sounds like you're dog is far too active, maybe some training required there first ;)

Scottie
9th October 2006, 05:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by PACMAN

or this http://www.bumperbib.co.uk/bumper_bibs.html

these look the ticket.:cool:

PACMAN
9th October 2006, 05:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Hatchbag don't do Smart or Mitsi Colt and the bumper bib is ok but the car get pretty grimey and the dog jumps on the bid sliding the muck across the paintwork - more scratches. I reckon a rubber mat cut to size would do but can't find a source.....

keep you car clean then ;)

The Dogfather
9th October 2006, 05:50 PM
Tried training, but he's a persistant offender. As for keeping the car clean the brabus gets a dirty bum as quick as a MINI :(

Crombers
10th October 2006, 03:11 AM
Let the mut drive (gotta be quicker than you anyway ;)) :p

OBN
10th October 2006, 03:43 AM
Think Pacman needs a name change to Googleman, everytime anyone asks for anything he's got a link to it...

Pure genius man, keep up the good work

stoney
10th October 2006, 03:55 AM
rubber mating i may be able 2 help as i work with convyer belts what colour is ur car i can do blue of black the blue stuff is a bit thicker than the black stuff let me know how much u need :)

The Dogfather
10th October 2006, 04:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by stone

rubber mating i may be able 2 help as i work with convyer belts what colour is ur car i can do blue of black the blue stuff is a bit thicker than the black stuff let me know how much u need :)

I might have sorted something out, but I'll let you know if it doesn't work.

Thanks all the same!

stoney
11th October 2006, 05:49 PM
no prob seen ur car on outher post so take it will be black let me know as i have it in stock good luck with ur outher thing :)

PACMAN
11th October 2006, 06:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by OBN

Think Pacman needs a name change to Googleman, everytime anyone asks for anything he's got a link to it...

Pure genius man, keep up the good work

:approve::approve::approve: master finder