PDA

View Full Version : Poor wee Milly!

Lynsey
7th October 2006, 11:06 PM
Boyfriend and Brother took my wee Milly down to Manchester last weekend for the Man U vs Newcastle game, whilst exiting the car parking space/place there was a small kerb, so down they bumbed, lightly did they know, there was a drain, so the car ended up dropping further than expected and the damage was done!!!!

Took Milly to Menzies and the Jack Point (I think) on the drivers side is damaged and there is a tear in the under carriage, im waiting on my quote...... any ideas on prices?!

Im scared, very scared!

N12 JLK
7th October 2006, 11:51 PM
£££££££££££££:(

Sweeney
8th October 2006, 12:04 AM
Just don't let them take the piss, As good a garage as menzies are :p get quotes from other garages/dealers lynsey.

zimbo
8th October 2006, 06:14 PM
Oh dear :( see now this is what happens when you let other people drive your pride and joy!!

Lynsey I hope you get it all sorted quickly.

make note to yourself to not let your boyfriend or brother use Milly again :D

sleepyrascal
8th October 2006, 06:32 PM
This happened to me. I was crossing the central reservation on the M90 across the gravel n stuff (dont ask) and the kerbs are kinda raised. So when the front end slumped back down to the road there was an almighty thud! Checked for damage, everything was ok and i thought nothing of it..

about 4 months later, I was changing the wheels on my car, went to jack it up and I actually thougt I was loosing the plot! I couldnt for the life of me find the jacking point. It was just gone completely. The one on the other side is still there. But you can still jack the car no bother so i just left it.

Lynsey
13th October 2006, 03:46 AM
Right well Menzies quoted £250-£300, but my invoice hasnt appeared yet so I dont know whats actually being charged for as yet! Then I took Milly to Eastern in Edinburgh, where I bumped into Norman!!!! They told me the Jack Point is about a fiver!!! And mentioned something about maybe getting a new side skirt, but there is no cosmetic damage thankfully, so I asked if my side skirt would fall off if I didnt get a new one.... NO so I wont be buying and painting a new one. The guy at Eastern advised me to go to the Eastern Western repair centre in Broxburn, they did a good job with my arches so I'll take it there Sat, see what they say!

Typical..... 3 weeks before my flaming holiday!

Sweeney
13th October 2006, 03:51 AM
Sods law :D

Crombers
13th October 2006, 04:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

Just don't let them take the piss, As good a garage as menzies are :p get quotes from other garages/dealers lynsey.

Thanks again MrB ;)

Mini Me
13th October 2006, 05:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

Thanks again MrB ;)

your very welcome :D;):D;):I

Mini Me
13th October 2006, 05:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Lynsey

Right well Menzies quoted £250-£300, but my invoice hasnt appeared yet so I dont know whats actually being charged for as yet! Then I took Milly to Eastern in Edinburgh, where I bumped into Norman!!!! They told me the Jack Point is about a fiver!!! And mentioned something about maybe getting a new side skirt, but there is no cosmetic damage thankfully, so I asked if my side skirt would fall off if I didnt get a new one.... NO so I wont be buying and painting a new one. The guy at Eastern advised me to go to the Eastern Western repair centre in Broxburn, they did a good job with my arches so I'll take it there Sat, see what they say!

Typical..... 3 weeks before my flaming holiday!

To be fair the chances of it JUST being the jack pint are ppprreeeettty slim(translates to f**k all):(:eek::blackeye:

There will be more damage , just depends on huw much needs fixed(properly)
Menzies WILL NOT lift your leg Lynsay:)

SpongeBob
13th October 2006, 07:58 PM
Hi lynsey,spoke to bodyshop manager about the estimate and there is damage to the side skirt and the trim that runs parallel to the skirt,If u can contact us at menzies with your email address i can email you out the pictures of the damage,Its not structural damage so need to panic about wee milly its purely cosmetic.

Lynsey
15th October 2006, 03:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by SpongeBob

Hi lynsey,spoke to bodyshop manager about the estimate and there is damage to the side skirt and the trim that runs parallel to the skirt,If u can contact us at menzies with your email address i can email you out the pictures of the damage,Its not structural damage so need to panic about wee milly its purely cosmetic.

£258.65 plus vat:
£66.50 Labour
£153.29 Parts
£38.86 Paint Materials

God Im confused, as I was told there was NO cosmetic damage from eastern! Got my invoice on friday and I will email you my email address so I can see what the deal is..... my pocket mirror and torch doesnt really do it justice! The reason I'd also gone to eastern was cause its closer to my work at Edinburgh Park, cause I need it done asap before I go my holiday, and my not so wonderful boss wont let me have time off..... a saturday maybe necessary now!!!

Lynsey
26th October 2006, 04:26 AM
Milly's fixed...... wahey! £265, cheers Menzies, much appreciated!

SpongeBob
28th October 2006, 03:40 AM
Glad everything is Sorted Lynsey.