PDA

View Full Version : Drivers window trouble

jayex
5th October 2006, 12:43 AM
Anyone had the same problem ?
My driver's side window stopped working yesterday, and no amount of toggling seems to get it to budge. The door still opens and closes ok - although it does catch a little on the A pillar, but the window just refuses to move at all :dead: - I can hear a switching noise in the door as if something is trying to work, :dead:

any sugestions or thoughts - i thought maybe the motor ?... anyone replaced the motor themselfs - if so was it a fairly easy job ?
thanks in advance :)

Bignorm
5th October 2006, 02:14 AM
BETTER GETTING IT CHECKED could be the motor or the regulator the regulators are more common tho

SpongeBob
5th October 2006, 03:45 AM
Without Starting WWIII i'd say we sell more motors than regulators,Quite common fault tho check the motor feed to see if you are getting power through the pillar.

jayex
5th October 2006, 04:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by SpongeBob

Without Starting WWIII i'd say we sell more motors than regulators,Quite common fault tho check the motor feed to see if you are getting power through the pillar.

ok, thanks for the help - i take it the motor is in the door:question: thats where the clunking noise is coming from when i try to put the window down - if i take off the door card trim will get to it that way ? :clown:

SpongeBob
5th October 2006, 04:54 AM
yup,it is behind the door trim,but theres lots of screws and clips to remove in the door panel to get it off,good luck tho

Scottie
5th October 2006, 05:03 AM
Don't know about the Mini but I can tell you this is a very very very very common fault on the X5's and it is mainly down to the regulator. Which I'm sure Spongebob can confirm if more regulators are sold for the X5.

So toss a coin take it to the dealer and get it fixed witha new motor or regulator:D

jayex
5th October 2006, 05:03 AM

yup,it is behind the door trim,but theres lots of screws and clips to remove in the door panel to get it off,good luck tho

Thanks for all you help SpongeBob, but i have been out and slammed the door shut a few times while holding the toggle switch down :eek:( as per thread on mini2 ) and its now working again !!....:eek::eek::) How weird eh!!! Not exactly a hi tech solution :clown:- but it seems to have worked, although i have no idea why?? :I

SpongeBob
5th October 2006, 05:31 AM
Loose connection somewhere julie,bit if aint broke and all that,touch wood it doesnt give you any more bother.

jayex
5th October 2006, 06:40 AM

Loose connection somewhere julie,bit if aint broke and all that,touch wood it doesnt give you any more bother.

Yeh seems like it - strange tho .... Aw well fingers crossed and aw that :p
just glad it working again :D- well for now anyhoo :eek:
If at first you don’t succeed..... Give it a gid auld thump!!! :I

jayex
5th October 2006, 06:41 AM
.. thanks for the help anyway folks ;)

PACMAN
5th October 2006, 06:45 AM
some like the guy on Mini2 must have been Russian... you should see them fixing the plane when your sitting on it :eek:

jayex
5th October 2006, 06:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by PACMAN

some like the guy on Mini2 must have been Russian... you should see them fixing the plane when your sitting on it :eek:

:eek::eek::eek:

PACMAN
5th October 2006, 06:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by jayex

i should add... the engine still run and it on the runway

jayex
5th October 2006, 06:58 AM

i should add... the engine still run and it on the runway

Looks like I may already be fully qualified Russian aeroplane technician then !!! :p LOL :clown:

PACMAN
5th October 2006, 07:00 AM
just add the russian hat and a bottle of vokda (or 2,3,4...) and you pass the test ;)

jayex
5th October 2006, 07:01 AM

just add the russian hat and a bottle of vokda (or 2,3,4...) and you pass the test ;)

I just need the russian hat then .. lol :eek:

PACMAN
5th October 2006, 07:03 AM

I just need the russian hat then .. lol :eek:

ah wodka in hand already ;)

Gorbash12346
8th October 2006, 07:10 PM
it usually tends to be that the regulator jams up.. your quite lucky as often the load on the motor will burn it out... if it happens again though ur best leaving it and booking it tin to be replaced as they pretty much routinely relace the regulator and sometimes the motor as well