PDA

View Full Version : Help with our dilema???

Julz
3rd October 2006, 08:27 PM
WHICH ONE?????????

Just as you see it, same colour etc.,

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/minijulzcs/imagegallery12.jpg

Or one of these, 3 door in a rusty orange colour???

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/minijulzcs/imagegallery4.jpg

Or, do we keep our 320 tractor??:(

Head says BMW, head and heart says megane, heart and right foot says clio!!:evil::p:D

Wul
3rd October 2006, 09:19 PM
I'd say Clio - but the depreciation on any Renault will be scary I reckon!! :eek:

bpirie1000
3rd October 2006, 10:07 PM
Clio.......

Silver For ME also

I think it would be easier for you to keep also..

(because the bairn doesn't was cars yet)

The Dogfather
3rd October 2006, 10:13 PM
Have you checked motorpoint they had a megane 225 unregistered for £14,500.

You could have a car like mine for £11,500 six months old in silver, bigger inside than the Clio ;) Collectors Item!!!!!

The Dogfather
3rd October 2006, 10:18 PM
Megane gone, they've got a VW Golf for £18k though or WRX estate for £15,500.

duncan
3rd October 2006, 10:45 PM
Tractor.

With all respect to Renaults, they're just lumps of fast plastic.

Julz
3rd October 2006, 10:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

I'd say Clio - but the depreciation on any Renault will be scary I reckon!! :eek:

Four words, 'I have an Evo', it lost about 5k the minute it left the showroom!! The Clio we are looking at is actually an ex-demo so it's already lost about 5k in a couple of months!!

VB, collectors item?? Will check your post about what car you've got and get back to you!! Oh, and don't do golfs or scoobs as I'd only want an R32 or the prodrive type thingymajiggy! 8)

Julz
3rd October 2006, 10:49 PM
VB - a forfour?????? I went to the 'local' Smart dealers a few weeks ago and decided I'd either go for the Brabus fortwo or the brabus roadster, must admit, not a huge fan of the forfour, but as they say, beauty is only skin deep!!;):D (plus, I have my collectors car in the garage, a 1992 miami blue pug 205 gti Mi16, mainly cause I can't be @rsed getting it MOT'd to sell!!:evil::D)

Julz
3rd October 2006, 10:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Tractor.

With all respect to Renaults, they're just lumps of fast plastic.

Didn't think it was too plasticy to be honest, I've had a clio before and it was superb, never had any bother with it and plus their safety ratings (important when you have a sprog) are fantastic, so must be rather sturdy and non-plasticy I'd say!!:D:D

duncan
3rd October 2006, 11:03 PM
Fair enough - i've only rented bog standard old Clios and Meagres, but was never impressed with them.

My old boss got a Megane years back, and was round at Arnolds, dropping off his rental car he had.
I knew the woman who worked there and was cahtting away about it - to which she said watch out for the rubber bumper splitter falling off! Funnily enough, it did within a few months, and muggins had to repair it with the use of a few cable ties.

That, amongst other things put me off them.

Scottie
3rd October 2006, 11:06 PM
against the two cars in the pictures I would defo keep yur BMW 320 tractor.

Much more quality about them and I'm sure a safer car for your young one to be a passenger in. You will be less likely to speed in your tractor.;):p

Julz
3rd October 2006, 11:09 PM

and muggins had to repair it with the use of a few cable ties.

With Robs line of work we have plenty of cable ties!!;):D

The Dogfather
3rd October 2006, 11:21 PM
It's not just any forfour it's a 177bhp 0-60 in 6.7secs forfour :D More torque than the Clio so more useable power. Its almost the same as the Colt CZT only with better brakes and 30bhp+

Have a look at this http://www.parkers.co.uk/buying/rightcar/deals.aspx?family=6

Personally I'd consider the 3.2 Alfa GT, they sound :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

hyperflick
3rd October 2006, 11:32 PM
Would have to agree with oor Wul there and your picking a lovely colour:D, not keen on the Megane or the rusty orange colour... Sorry!:blackeye::blackeye:

Whats wrong with the monster you got?:p:p

The Dogfather
3rd October 2006, 11:40 PM
Ford ST?

http://www.happynewcar.co.uk/ford1/2/index.phtml

duncan
4th October 2006, 01:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

and muggins had to repair it with the use of a few cable ties.

With Robs line of work we have plenty of cable ties!!;):D

Damn handy things they are too! :)

PACMAN
4th October 2006, 02:16 AM
The Megane 225 sport would be my choice in silver :approve:

euan
4th October 2006, 02:25 AM
Julz - why are you looking at changing?

SpongeBob
4th October 2006, 04:03 AM
Megane for me,Or Even the new dodge caliber??

Julz
4th October 2006, 04:54 PM
Ok, answer a few questions!! VB, I know all about the 44 as I looked into all things Brabus, they just don't float me boat, I need a car that I give a final glance at before I walk away just to get that, 'hmmmm, nice' feeling! Contemplated the Ford ST in orange, one draw back, it's a ford;). Wish I could keep the evo, but just can't justify the expenditure when I don't really drive it the way it's meant to be driven! Plus, someone is coming to see it today, thus why I was out hoovering it at 10pm last night!!

I like the tractor, it's a really nice looking car, but there's so much I want to do to it to get it some phwooaaarrr appeal, ie monster chip cause it just doesn't go vrooooom!

Our latest update is this;

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/minijulzcs/103684-5.jpg

Ignore the idiot standing next to it, just thought these were good pics!!!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/minijulzcs/103684-1.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/minijulzcs/103684-4.jpg

Scottie
4th October 2006, 05:05 PM
I say go for it:D nice looking car and if that's the one you want get it.

The Dogfather
4th October 2006, 05:14 PM
Julz, wasn't really serious about the 44. I got it because its full of toys, goes v.quick, not many about and cheap.

I was serious about the Alfa though, a junior ferrari for £20k :D I looked at the Renaults but a mate of mine has had so much trouble with his laguna it put me off. I did like the Megane more than the Clio, the power would be more accessible also probably better fuel economy as well. BTW I like the orange as well.

Motorpoint are doing the WRX STI for 21k and if your feeling rich a Cayenne S for 40 ;)

Gismo
4th October 2006, 05:15 PM
Julz, is a newish 320 tractor an option, i was very very impressed with my mates one and even more impressed with the latest 330d
Superb performance :cool:

Scottie
4th October 2006, 06:21 PM
If you could go for a newish BMW with the 3.0sd Diesel engine Remember it is the sd one we are talking about

The 286bhp 0.62 in 6.6 seconds has me drooling. :p

The Dogfather
4th October 2006, 07:01 PM
Trouble with diesels is they sound like, well, diesels :(

Gismo
4th October 2006, 07:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon
Trouble with diesels is they sound like, well, diesels :(Not the 330d ;):p

The Dogfather
4th October 2006, 07:16 PM
Unless they changed it dramatically from the 2002 model it still sounds like a diesel......

hogg88
4th October 2006, 07:21 PM
Clio :D

I had a megane and changed it for a Mini, then i had a 3 series and changed it for a Mini. 3 series was better than Megane but Mini better than both !!

Get a Mini :D:D

Julz
4th October 2006, 08:50 PM
VB, I can totally understand why you got the 44, the inside is fantastic, it's just the ootside that's the prob!! As for the WRX, we've discussed scoobs and it kind of defeats the purpose of why we're selling the evo, insurance, fuel, tax, running costs etc for a car that depreciates (I know about renaults so dinnae start!!) quickly and won't be doing much mileage!!

As for BM's, I like them but they're just a bit 'boring' for me at the minute, I feel too young for one yet, maybe once I'm past my 20's and looking for a grown-ups car!!;)

I'd personally love another mini, but when I think about all the probs I had with BabyB that were not affected by my mods, and the treatment I received from 'that' dealership it just takes the fun away!!

As for the Alfa, Pypers are at the end of my road and they've had a few GT's sitting for months, my mum has a 156 and so does one of my friends, again I don't get that second glance feeling with them and I don't think they have isofix! That and their reliability is shocking!!:eek:

We tried to let Craig chose but he just sooked the brochure, I might sit this afternoon showing him the 225 F1 so that when Rob gets home that will be his favourite!!;):D

Oh I don't know, a lottery win so I could get my orange Gallardo would save so many problems!:p:D (either that or a shotgun!!:disapprove:)

Julz
4th October 2006, 08:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Julz, is a newish 320 tractor an option, i was very very impressed with my mates one and even more impressed with the latest 330d
Superb performance :cool:

What do you mean by newish?? Ours is a couple of months short of being a 54? Or do you mean the one after that??:clown:

Scottie
4th October 2006, 09:37 PM
done a search on autotrader. check this out
:D:D

Alfa (http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=ALFA+ROMEO&model=GTV&min_pr=150000&max_pr=1000000&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=WC1A+1AH&miles=1500&max_records=200&source=0&photo=1&sort=5&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH)

WTF is that all about then.????

Gismo
4th October 2006, 09:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz
What do you mean by newish?? Ours is a couple of months short of being a 54? Or do you mean the one after that??:clown:Sorry Julz, i did mean within the last year.
I know the problems you had with that dealer, but, they treat me so well and have given me excellent deals, maybe it may be worth trying them out ;)
I got around £1k over book for my cooper :p

KAH
4th October 2006, 09:56 PM
What about an S-Line A3 or A4 2.0Tdi...great engine...looks great!!!...just a thought.

ianking
4th October 2006, 10:51 PM
Oh definately the Clio 197 in the blue colour that you have shown at the start of the thread. I take it you saw it on 5th gear on monday. It looked amazing. So good in fact that I went to the renault garage yesterday when I was out in Hawick on a survey. They had a red 197 there. the outside looks amazing although the inside is a bit plastic. The man offered me a test in it but I had to decline as I was technically at work. I also thought that I may end up leaving the place with one so had to resist. I would only want it in the blue though.
Definately go for the Clio.

SarahMunro
4th October 2006, 11:24 PM
Ian if you came back with another car then you would be sleeping in it, we already have 4 minis!!

I would definately go with the blue Clio it looks very nice!! :cool:

Julz
5th October 2006, 12:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by KAH

What about an S-Line A3 or A4 2.0Tdi...great engine...looks great!!!...just a thought.

Been there, looked at those!! We left the Audi garage deciding that we really did like them but after sitting in the RS6 I wanted one and was dragged out!! They again seem a bit more for the older generation!!;)

BS - I do like the recent 3 series, just not enough for some reason, not sure why!:clown::)

Gismo
5th October 2006, 12:18 AM
How about the new 335i M Sport :p

Burple
5th October 2006, 01:11 AM

I saw a black 335is coupe in Dundee the other evening.. :eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D ME LIKE!!!!!!
That's one beautiful Beemer!

alanm73
5th October 2006, 01:54 AM
Dont buy an A3 S-Line, had one before my Mini and it was the worst car i have ever owned and that's before i even get started on the Edinburgh Audi subject.

The Bull
5th October 2006, 02:56 AM
I'm really starting to like the Megane Sport now. The shape has grown on me and it is meant to be a really nice handling car. You don't see too many of them about either. The twin exhausts are tasty.

Get a trophy or the one you pictured, they will keep there value better.

zimbo
5th October 2006, 03:47 AM
Julz how about an ALPINA D3? they look amazing!!:p and you can get them in 2 door, 3 door or even estate... :D:cool: I think if I had the money and fancied a diesel this would be at the top of my list.

If not then I'd go for the blue Clio like the picture you posted. :D

The Bull
5th October 2006, 08:39 AM
Me likey!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/Picklehammer/Signatures/Renault-Megane_RS_3-door_2004_800x6.jpg

Julz
5th October 2006, 07:24 PM

I only earn £35 a week!!:( (seriously, I work 2 days and after child care etc. I get £35!!)