PDA

View Full Version : ISP's

CooperTrooper
29th September 2006, 12:07 AM
Needing some advice!

recently moved house, and cant get NTL or SKY :(

so i need broadband, and its looking like i will ahve to go the BT route.

how does this work? do i need to a BT phone line, and then an ISP meaning 2 bills?

seems a nightmare compared to NTL!

any advice appreciated
:p

Burple
29th September 2006, 01:02 AM
How about... oh no, wait, NTL just bought out Telewest didn't they?
Can't say a bad thing about the service I've had from Telewest..

You can get BB straight from BT now too, so same bill. They supply all the kit you need and fit it (maybe at a price - I dunno about how BT go about it)
You will need a BT line for BT BB tho.

Like I say I got all mine throught Telewest, their 3 for £20 package, phone, BB and cable TV :cool::cool:

duncan
29th September 2006, 01:04 AM
You can still get NTL over a BT line, if you're not wanting to change providers.
You'd be billed seperately for both though.

If you want to change, it all depends really what you want, in terms of speed and download limits as to what provider you go for.

I'm with Virgin.net, who piggyback on NTLs servers, and have a BT phoneline.
You just get a standard BT phonebill in, and I pay Virgin by Direct Debit. The "bill" is an e-mail to say it will be deducted from my account.

CooperTrooper
29th September 2006, 01:04 AM
tell me about it, i've always had NTL and its been faultless

my new flats only 15 year old - was stunned that theres no cable installed.

BT's costs 17.99 for 2gb a month (no use)+ a phone line

maybe just stick to using the net at work!!

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2006, 01:23 AM
I've got a BT line and I have BT BB. The BB cost is just part of your usual telephone bill.

Good service, can't fault them.:D

Although the other day they did send me an email saying they suggested I change to another package so that I can; have a smaller monthly GB download limit, slower access, more expensive support phone number and a higher monthly cost. They seemed to think it was a good deal. I politely declined.;)

A.

X30YES
29th September 2006, 03:14 PM
I use pipex ....http://www.broadbandchecker.co.uk/ or http://www.ispreview.co.uk/broadband.shtml
might help you

Big Col
29th September 2006, 03:16 PM
Pipex totally bite! My Da, Big Bro and about 2,578,322 other people that ALL to a person complain about them being p!sh!

X30YES
29th September 2006, 03:22 PM
:eek:...Ive never had any trouble, :question:

Gismo
29th September 2006, 04:05 PM
I use BT and have never had a minutes trouble, plus, the helpline is a free phone number.
When i upgraded to the 8 meg service i was advised i'd be lucky to get 5 meg, every day it sits between 7 and 8.1 meg :D
One bill all by direct debit