PDA

View Full Version : £100 car

sleepyrascal
28th September 2006, 08:25 PM
Myself and some mates are doing a banger rally next year. One of the requirements is that the banger has to cost £100 or less.

Autotrader is a bit low on sub £100 cars so I wondered if anyone on here had any ideas. No small cars, including minis.

Ideally it would be a dodgy old people carrier, but big estates etc are good too. It has to be capable of driving 2000 miles ish.

SR

Big Col
28th September 2006, 08:51 PM
You shoulda spoken to Rob Lightbody mate. Sounds like you could've got his Coop for that price. ;)

lightbody
28th September 2006, 10:14 PM
lol, just wait a few weeks, heading that way!

james f
29th September 2006, 10:44 PM
get down the actions mate they like when clarkson got that volvo for a quid

bpirie1000
29th September 2006, 10:50 PM
Get yourself along to Thainstone..

We did banger racing couple years back we (WELL JOHN really) got a Nice Volvo 440(COULD HAVE BEEN M.O.T.'d) for About a quid.....

where is it ?? that might be the problem getting it to teh location........

Legally.......

sleepyrascal
30th September 2006, 12:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

Get yourself along to Thainstone..

We did banger racing couple years back we (WELL JOHN really) got a Nice Volvo 440(COULD HAVE BEEN M.O.T.'d) for About a quid.....

where is it ?? that might be the problem getting it to teh location........

Legally.......

It's all on road stuff so the car has to be m.o.t'd and taxed. Dont mind doing a bit of work to it before hand. It needs to drive from Calais to Southern Italy. :cool:

OBN
5th October 2006, 03:49 AM
Try your local dealers, they have to pay to have a vehicle scrapped so you might save them the bother.

That's how Clarkson got the Volvo for £1

Kosta
5th October 2006, 07:59 PM
Do you have any car supermarkets up that way?

They often take sh*tters in PX and u can bid like £20 on them because its cheaper than getting them scraped or sending to auction.

Burple
5th October 2006, 09:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by OBN

Try your local dealers, they have to pay to have a vehicle scrapped so you might save them the bother.

That's how Clarkson got the Volvo for £1

That's a good point.. while I was waiting for my first mini to be built, I needed a cheap car to runabout in. I eventually got a Honda Legend (2.7 v6 auto, leather and electric everything) ;):D:D for about £200, starship mileage, but not in that bad nick. Thrashed it about for 8 weeks or so, and eventually got about £25 for it from the dealer... They might.. if you're very lucky, have something similar sitting about round the back..