PDA

View Full Version : Rottweilers

Scottie
28th September 2006, 06:15 PM
What do you reckon then.

Should Rottweilers be kept as pets.:question:

I reckon in some cases it's the owners that shouldn't be kept but in general I would have to say no.:(

Gismo
28th September 2006, 06:22 PM
I'm guessing this is in reference to the recent tragedy in England :question: in my humble opinion and it's not in hindsight, these types of dogs should not be allowed to be kept as pets, at the very least until they are banned it should be law to have them muzzled

Scottie
28th September 2006, 06:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I'm guessing this is in reference to the recent tragedy in England :question:

x2

correct.

Burple
28th September 2006, 06:33 PM
Definitely no! Yeah, they may be lovable loyal animals, but when they DO go mental, there's no stopping them. How many members of the average family do you think are able to pull one of them off someone's child?

There's a woman round the corner from me who has two Dobermans, and if they take off after something when she's out walking them, no way is she stopping them. I got out the car the other day when she was walking past the end of our car park, and both dogs stopped in their tracks to watch me, not from that far away. That didn't feel like two family pets she was trying to hold on two very tight leads! :blackeye:

PACMAN
28th September 2006, 06:34 PM
they shouldn't be pets at all :disapprove:

X30YES
28th September 2006, 08:34 PM
Wish I had one , The Spanish Police use them ....Muzzled

Big Col
28th September 2006, 08:50 PM
Yes they should be kept as pets provided the proper precatutions are taken.

minidriver#1
28th September 2006, 09:35 PM
*waits for whatserpuss to start flaming*

'omfgz, j00 guys don know anyfink bout doggs'

Big Col
28th September 2006, 10:02 PM
:D:D:D

The Dogfather
28th September 2006, 10:04 PM
I reckon all dogs should be registered, and owners should be checked before being allowed to have one. It'll never happen.

A small dog can be just as dangerous to a baby if let alone with it.

KAH
28th September 2006, 10:44 PM
I have 2 Rottweilers.....they're big softies...its the way they are brought up that affects the way they react and behave....just the same as Humans.....

X30YES
28th September 2006, 10:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

*waits for whatserpuss to start flaming*

'omfgz, j00 guys don know anyfink bout doggs'
Food in one end kak out the other :D

KAH
28th September 2006, 10:56 PM
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=59490858&imageID=657653613&MyToken=974bd454-0400-4aa2-819e-5a50b1d8cd50

KAH
28th September 2006, 10:57 PM
Sorry....above is pic of my 2 Rotties.....dont know if it works tho.

Big Col
28th September 2006, 10:57 PM
They're teeny for rotties!

KAH
28th September 2006, 11:01 PM
The one on the left is unusually small...but the Bigger one was only 16months when the pic was taken....My neighbour breeds them...hee has 7 at the moment and my next door neighbour has one...so there are 10 rotties withing 100ft on my Street.....all softies have a look at them on www.jarmichel.co.uk

minidriver#1
28th September 2006, 11:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by KAH

I have 2 Rottweilers.....they're big softies...its the way they are brought up that affects the way they react and behave....just the same as Humans.....

A perfectly normal dog can turn killer just like humans, thats a fact and there are many cases, where people brought up in a privelaged environment and who have had a good upbringing turn bad, across the globe to prove it.

KAH
28th September 2006, 11:18 PM
True.....but a dog cant afford a good lawyer to help them plead Temporary Insanity......I just hate how people jump on the bandwagon when something like this happens.

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2006, 01:13 AM
They should definetly NOT be kept as pets.:disapprove:

The one that bit me was a "big softy" too:mad:. Just on an "off day".:mad::mad: PI$H:eek:

A.:(

minidriver#1
29th September 2006, 01:17 AM

True.....but a dog cant afford a good lawyer to help them plead Temporary Insanity......I just hate how people jump on the bandwagon when something like this happens.

Lawyer or not doesn't change the initial act nor conditions at the time of the incident. There is no bandwaggon here, just fact.

Craig
29th September 2006, 03:22 AM
they have one as a police dog in stirling, first in scotland to be used.... it shakes the whole van when it barks in the back... :eek:

that will make the scumbags stop in their tracks.... :approve::approve:

Big Col
29th September 2006, 03:53 AM
Andy mate yer talkin' oot yer arse again. I can understand why you are, but oot yer arse none the less. :)

Anywho...in the dugs defence I think I'd be tempted to have a wee nibble on you too ya tasty lookin' big hunk! ;)

zimbo
29th September 2006, 03:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

it shakes the whole van when it barks in the bag... :eek:

Barks in the what? :D

Rottweilers should'nt be kept as pets, no matter how well they are brought up, they are a dangerous breed of dog and it could just take a split second for them to turn on someone for what ever reason...

NO need for dogs like them. :mad:

Scottie
29th September 2006, 04:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo

quote:Originally posted by craigd

it shakes the whole van when it barks in the bag... :eek:

Barks in the what? :D

I'm thinking something like thisdog bag (http://www.dog-bag.co.uk/)

excellent product by the way:cool:

Craig
29th September 2006, 04:03 AM
corrected my post (meant the back of the van - they are in cages.. ) ;)

Big Col
29th September 2006, 04:13 AM
Methinks banning the dog is ott. I don't think any muppet should be allowed one of these dogs. There should be proper training in how to keep them, they should be properly liscenced etc etc but they shouldn't be banned.

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2006, 04:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Andy mate yer talkin' oot yer arse again. I can understand why you are, but oot yer arse none the less. :)

Anywho...in the dugs defence I think I'd be tempted to have a wee nibble on you too ya tasty lookin' big hunk! ;)

Not out my arse Col.:disapprove: Actual quotes from the owner.

"Sorry he bit you, he's really a big softy, must be having an off day".:eek:

Like that made it ok.

A.

Big Col
29th September 2006, 04:33 AM
I meant the "They should NOT be kept as pets" statement too mate. Not the owner's comments. I'm not in any way minimalising what happened to you with my flippant comments. I just don't think your experience means that the breed should be banned. In my very humble opinion. :)

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2006, 04:33 AM
Changed you sun=cancer post pretty quickly Col. Afraid it may touch some nerves with cancer sufferers?:eek:

A.

Big Col
29th September 2006, 04:35 AM
No mate I just thought it was a really smug, taunting, ****y post that had no place on here when people may not see it as the joke I intended it to be. :)

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2006, 04:39 AM
No mate I just thought it was a really smug, taunting, ****y post that had no place on here when people may not see it as the joke I intended it to be. :)

OK. I Just wondered what sort of reaction you expected from a post like that.;);););):D

Big Col
29th September 2006, 04:42 AM
:D:D:D Touche me ol' china! Long memory ya elephant! ;)

N12 JLK
29th September 2006, 04:48 AM
woof
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/fluffy.jpg

X30YES
29th September 2006, 04:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

The one that bit me was a "big softy" too:mad:. Just on an "off day".:mad::mad: PI$H:eek:

You must have deserved it ...(poor wee dug)

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2006, 05:03 AM

:D:D:D Touche me ol' china! Long memory ya elephant! ;)

lol.:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2006, 05:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

You must have deserved it ...(poor wee dug)

Quit stirrin you!:D

A

Scottie
29th September 2006, 05:13 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/stirthepot.gif

X30YES
29th September 2006, 05:33 AM
Who me ...:p..poor wee dugs never did nowt wrong ,and folks with 4x4 skool mini buses like you , want to shoot them jist coz the poor folk have them to keep the other neds oot the close and stop them nikin their buckie ,shame on you :p:D freedom fur the dugs o the poor and needy

hogg88
29th September 2006, 03:35 PM

I agree with this, but people have to remember that dogs can become very protective around there owners or property and react differantly.
I had a large paper round when younger (No Comments please :D) I got bitten regularily by a golden lab, collie, scottie and a jack russel BUT NEVER by the 2 Rottweilers that were on the route !!
And i still would have a dog if i could.

Gismo
29th September 2006, 04:02 PM
Sorry, these type of dog have the required genes for fighting, it cannot be bred out of them, as far as i know, so, in any given moment they can turn nasty, hence my muzzling request ;)

Big Col
29th September 2006, 04:23 PM
I totally agree with BS re the muzzling, even if he is making ridiculous statements like "the required genes for fighting". Any animal, BS included, has the requried genes for fighting.

Gismo
29th September 2006, 04:27 PM
I totally agree with BS re the muzzling, even if he is making ridiculous statements like "the required genes for fighting". Any animal, BS included, has the requried genes for fightingYep, i agree, wanna fight high tower :p my reference was to the fact the rotty is actually bred as a fighting machine, a collie, for example is bred as a working dog, all animals will turn nasty, especially you when intimidated or threatened or just has a bad day 8)

Big Col
29th September 2006, 04:46 PM
BS mate yer talking keech. The Rottweiller wasn't bred as a fighting dog at all. The breed dates back to Roman times when the dogs were used to herd cattle.

Gismo
29th September 2006, 04:55 PM
There was me thinking it was the same as a Rhodesia Ridgeback, that was bred to fight lions, but, as you point out, i'm wrong :eek: sheesh, i've learned something new today ;)

Scottie
29th September 2006, 05:03 PM
BS mate yer talking keech. The Rottweiller wasn't bred as a fighting dog at all. The breed dates back to Roman times when the dogs were used to herd cattle.

been on Google have we;):p

tell me the difference between a border collie and a beardie collie what I mean what were they bread for

Big Col
29th September 2006, 05:06 PM
Aaactually mate, the Rhodesia Ridgeback wasn't BRED to fight lions at all but was selected to HUNT lions because of it's already existing attributs. They were selected since they were bright enough and fast enough to get out of the way of all those claws and teeth but brave enough to face a lion in the first palce. The normal practice was for 2 or 3 of the dogs to keep the lion at bay whilst the big game hunters came in and killed it, although it has been known for 2 or 3 of them to kill a small/young lion. So you see, saying they were "bred to fight lions" is a distortion of the truth. :approve:

Big Col
29th September 2006, 05:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

tell me the difference between a border collie and a beardie collie what I mean what were they bread for

Actually Fi I hadn't been on Google for that one. I like dogs anyway so know about a few of them but for rotties a girl at my school had one and gave a talk on it for English once. :)

As for the diff in collies, I thought they were both bred to herd livestock, although the bearded collie is now pretty much bred to sell paint. :)

Scottie
29th September 2006, 05:13 PM

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Actually Fi I hadn't been on Google for that one. I like dogs anyway so know about a few of them but for rotties a girl at my school had one and gave a talk on it for English once. :)

As for the diff in collies, I thought they were both bred to herd livestock, although the bearded collie is now pretty much bred to sell paint. :)

no thats the old english sheep dog you numpty;):p jeez thought you said you knew about dugs:blackeye::blackeye::I

Scottie
29th September 2006, 05:18 PM
Now as I understand it and I dare say someone will be along to prove me wrong.

Border collies were bred to herd sheep as were Beardie collies

the difference being that the border goes out into the field and herds the sheep with the farmer or whoever being there.

The beardie was bred to go out on his/her own roam the hill/fields herd the sheep up and bring them home to the farmer. They could be out for 1 or 2 days even more now how clever is that.:cool:

Burple
29th September 2006, 05:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

There was me thinking it was the same as a Rhodesia Ridgeback, that was bred to fight lions, but, as you point out, i'm wrong :eek: sheesh, i've learned something new today ;)

Heh... never argue with Google er.. Big Col ;);):p:p

Gismo
29th September 2006, 05:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Heh... never argue with Google er.. Big Col ;);):p:pDidn't realise he knew so much about dogs :p