PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new mini owner

miniminx
27th September 2006, 04:52 AM
Hi all,

First of all great website.

My wife purchased her first mini on saturday & she loves it. She is the proud owner of a Mini One D on a 55 plate, Silver in colour with pepper pack.
It is an ex demo car with only 6000 miles on the clock.

We found out about this site as it was mentioned in a mini magazine which also had a featured run.

We live in the Borders just outside Hawick. Any other members in the borders area?

She wants to buy & install a roof decal & bonnet stripes but our local dealer wants at least £200 to apply them, this seems a bit steep to me. Any advice welcome;)

Oh, & a remap is also on the cards at some point.

Cheers
Mike & Veronica:)

AndyP & Lenore
27th September 2006, 05:06 AM
Mike & Veronica, http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/welcome.gif to the family! We're all warm and friendly here.

And it's great to see another Borderererer on the site.

Lenore and I live in Galashiels, my Brother (Neil) and Sister-in-law (Lorna) are from Earlston, there's a couple called Sara & Craig (Jedburgh) and a bloke from Stow called Paul Johnson. So you're not alone in the sleepy Borders. :D:D

Was the Magazine you saw the feature in called Modern Mini? If so, the new edition is out on Friday and has a feature in it on the Heart Of the Borders run, which Lenore and I organise every August.

Cheers,

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
27th September 2006, 05:13 AM
Oh, forgot about the Decal issues...

When you say Local Dealer, I guess you're talking of Dunedin Selkirk? Which salesman did you get - Ally, Pete or Morris?

We had our decal supplied and fitted by a bloke called Carlo - Solar Glass Technologies. He's based in Stirling and is only minutes away from the site sponsors Menzies Mini of Stirling. You can get Carlo on 07866586388. He did our St Andrews Cross on our sun roof and we are delighted with the job. Supplied and fitted for about £95. If you want any more details, drop us a PM.:D

MINI William
27th September 2006, 05:45 AM
welcome im only new myself jst joined this wk and its a gd group of people on the fourm william:D

PACMAN
27th September 2006, 06:05 AM
welcome http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/042.gif

sedgie
27th September 2006, 06:37 AM
Hiya n Welcome:D

X30YES
27th September 2006, 07:58 AM
Welcome...£200 seems a wee bit OTT to install ,The bonnet stripes take about 10-15 mins ,John at Apex(sponsor) fitted mine a few years ago for about £20,the roof decal will take longer no doubt, £95 all in as AndyP said , seems a good price.I think it will all depend on the design of the graphic as well.

Gismo
27th September 2006, 12:54 PM
Hi and welcome to the site, John at Apex is your man and sponsors the site too, £200 is way too much ;)

Craig
27th September 2006, 03:37 PM
Welcome - borders folk eh......... strange breed.... :eek::blackeye:;):D:D:D

Clare1
27th September 2006, 05:05 PM
would definately give Carlo a call, he does a great job.

gill
27th September 2006, 05:26 PM
Hello and welcome to the site .... hope you have many mini adventures!!! :D:D:D

miniminx
27th September 2006, 05:59 PM
Hi & thanks for the warm welcome:)

ANDYP : Yes the magazine was "Modern Mini" & already looking forward to the next issue as it seems a prety good read. I have also sent you a PM;) yes again, it was Dunedin at selkirk & I always deal with Allister as I purchased a 318D sport from him last year.

CRAIGd : Welcome - borders folk eh......... strange breed.... Can't agree more:D We moved up here about five years ago now as I am from birmingham (even more of a strange breed down there):D:D& veronica from Potters bar (we met on a MG run about 11 years ago as she had a MG Midget & I had a MGB).

With regards the roof & bonnet decals is it best to order them from a dealer or from a place such as minisport.com? Just wondering what the difference is apart from price.

Hope to see you on a run some time soon:)

Cheers
Mike & Veronica:)

Gismo
27th September 2006, 06:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by miniminx
With regards the roof & bonnet decals is it best to order them from a dealer or from a place such as minisport.com?BMW do have a selection but are limited, you can get from the likes of minisport, but then you need someone else to fit them for you, trust me, you don't wanna try a roof graphic :I
I mentioned John at Apex before, but there are others that can pretty much put up a design of your choice, or simply stripes.
Some of John's creations are very good, Heather had a great themed set.
I drove to John's for a grey union jack, left the car with him went for some lunch and then picked my car up again after an hour, much cheapness

miniminx
27th September 2006, 06:52 PM
Hi,

I have just noticed the Link for Apex signs & will send him an email or give him a call.
Thanks

Mike.:)

Gismo
27th September 2006, 06:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by miniminx
I have just noticed the Link for Apex signs & will send him an email or give him a call:)Nice one, you won't be disappointed, quality guy and work, remember to post pics when you get it done ;)

hogg88
27th September 2006, 06:57 PM
Welcome :D There's No Escape Now :p

miniminx
27th September 2006, 08:41 PM
:) Spoke to john at Apex Signs. Roof & Bonnet stripes supplied & fitted while we wait works out at:

Roof £98+VAT
Bonnet £42+VAT

We will be booking the mini in:approve:

ianking
27th September 2006, 08:53 PM
Hi Miniminx

I live in Penicuik but I work for SBC so I am based at Newtown St Boswells.
Im often out and about on the roads going to a survey so give me a wave if you spot me. Red cooper with union jack on the roof.
Ian

miniminx
27th September 2006, 09:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

Hi Miniminx

I live in Penicuik but I work for SBC so I am based at Newtown St Boswells.
Im often out and about on the roads going to a survey so give me a wave if you spot me. Red cooper with union jack on the roof.
Ian

Small world, my wife, the one with the mini, works at SBC at St boswells, Veronica Allen:) I think she works in the old building or old school building & her department is Social Work.

ianking
27th September 2006, 09:37 PM
Indeed a small world. It will be the old school building she is in. I work in the main building at the estates section.

Duncan Stewart
27th September 2006, 11:52 PM
:D Hi & Welcome :D John at Apex will do you a good job, he made up & fitted the Ace of Spades roof & bonnet stripes on my last Cooper - super quality & finish

my wee boy
28th September 2006, 05:33 AM
welome to the madness....what do you think of the desiel mini??? would be interested in what deifference he remap will make. after driving norma's mini my 206 seems .......well a wee bit slow. but being miserable and doing a fair mileage to work an oil burner makes sense. let us know.andy

Neil and Lorna
28th September 2006, 07:42 AM
Welcome.:D:D:D

Good to see some other folk joining from down here in the borders.:D:D

I'm sure I flashed a silver Mini the other day and i think I got a wave back.:D:D
It was on the Melrose Bypass maybe it was you.:cool::cool:

If you ever meet little bruv AndyP don't make any sudden movements he'll think there a wasp nearby.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Neil and Lorna.

AndyP & Lenore
28th September 2006, 08:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Neil and Lorna

Welcome.:D:D:D

If you ever meet little bruv AndyP don't make any sudden movements he'll think there a wasp nearby.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Neil and Lorna.

Cheeky Barsteward!:eek::D;)

True though:clown::I

hyperflick
28th September 2006, 11:56 PM
Hello and welcome, :D:D:D always nice to have new peeps join
in on our madness. hope to meet ya's soon:p:p:p

jayex
2nd October 2006, 02:55 AM
Hiya n Welcome :D