PDA

View Full Version : New series of Fifth Gear

Gordons_cooper_wrks
26th September 2006, 05:36 AM
I have just watched the new Fifth gear and to be honest it was S*$&E. It used to be a great program for car enthusiasts but now it is rubbish. One hour and we only saw the new evo and the GP and didnt really get much info about them! What does everyone think? :(:(

PACMAN
26th September 2006, 05:38 AM
top gear is no1 ..... and as clarkson once said " they can't even get into top gear" :D:D

Heather
26th September 2006, 06:57 AM
Did not think it could get much worse but it has:eek:

Mini Me
26th September 2006, 07:12 AM
cccccccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppp !!!!

Big Col
26th September 2006, 02:56 PM
I couldn't believe how toe curlingly awful it was! VBH and that new joke reading pre-prepared scripts that were supposed to be off the cuff banter was just hideous. Racing the GP against a toy car was pointless and didn't say anything at all about the GP. Her running over the toy at the end was painfully predictable and blatantly staged. The new pointy haired git that was subjected to those eye wateringing unfunny questions was just a total gimp and wtf is with setting it in a cafe? Is that supposed to be quirky?!?!? Staggered with how bad the programme has become. I really can't believe there wasn't someone in the background staff that didn't during the months of production go "Guys...really...uhm...isn't this a bit sh!t???" SCARY!

sleepyrascal
26th September 2006, 03:11 PM
shocking performance. I'm assuming that pi*h with Al Gore was an attempt at turning the programme into an all round entertainment show like TG! And have you noticed they use the same lens filters as TG, you know that dark surround etc.

What a let down. I agree about the GP thing. Why race it against a remote control car. Pointless! Oh, and VBH worshipping Tiff?!?!?!?!?! Bet that was his idea!!!!

Even the car crushing thing was bad. If it had been on top gear, it would have been hammond doing the crushing, James may would have been giggling from the sidelines and it wouldnt be a crappy VW golf worth 10p, it would have been something more interesting, and all this would have taken place at the bottom of the sea r something.

Top gear is scripted, but they dont just pack the script full of crap jokes. They recruit talented presenters to make it funny!

The Dogfather
26th September 2006, 04:03 PM
I can't get 5 in the new cottage, looks like I'm not missing owt!

euan
26th September 2006, 05:57 PM
It was really bad. The fact that they had to script in that the new presenters are car enthusiasts or journalists just shows how bad it is. I mean, relegate Tom Ford to doing something with a DJ Aygo? I really like Tom, he's funny, knowledgeable and actually has been a car journalist for a while (his reviews in TG magazine are good - you always know it's him writing).

As an aside, the cafe idea gets worse - it's the Ace Cafe on the A40 - which is a BIG biker hangout.

My other half turned to me at the end and said - what have we learned about cars? I had to admit - nothing. Gutted. Bring back Plato, send Lovejoy back to Saturday mornings on Sky, and just do a car programme. Please!!!!

james f
26th September 2006, 09:27 PM
waste of time yes ! bring back the plato infact leave it to him and tom ford then we may have a decent program

AndyP & Lenore
26th September 2006, 11:26 PM
Watched it this morning. Total pi$h. It's an hour of my life I'll never get back.:mad:

I agree with everything said here so far; crap location, crap script (painfully trying to be ad-libbed), and total crap new presenter. Not a huge fan of Tiff's presentation skills, but oh-boy the guy can drive. Plato, however was a good all-rounder; great driver and had a good presentation style.

What exactly was the point in destroying the Golf? Space filler, if you ask me.

A.

monkimagic
27th September 2006, 02:45 AM
Vickies kinna hot though ;)

Big Gordy
27th September 2006, 05:32 AM
As you all said above.......absolutely garbage:mad: wont be watching again. I did quite enjoy the RC footage though.....good plug for the sport......didn't tell you that Andys car would be the phat end of about a grand tho:eek: brushless motor, lithium battery, etc, etc :p:D:approve:

duncan
27th September 2006, 06:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

What exactly was the point in destroying the Golf? Space filler, if you ask me.

Not that I watched it, but i'd guess its probably the same point as all the caravans and bangers that TG has destroyed over the years.

monkimagic
27th September 2006, 08:26 AM
I reckon this bo lives with his mother ;)

http://fifthgear.five.tv/features/s10e1_35.jpg

Big Col
27th September 2006, 02:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

I reckon this bo lives with his mother ;)

http://fifthgear.five.tv/features/s10e1_35.jpg

The scary thing is Big G reckons that guy is a good plug for the "sport". <sniggers> "sport"! Have a word mate! It's big kids playing with toys cars! It's a hobby, no a sport! :D:blackeye::eek:;)

Julz
28th September 2006, 05:45 PM
The fact that it was a one hour show and really only featured two cars for all of about 5 mins says it all (fab selection of cars though, made me want an evo...... hmm!!) ;):D:p:p

The Bull
28th September 2006, 09:47 PM
I've never seen so much p!$#.

A car show? VBH is a car maddie so get her reviewing cars not trying to be funny. And yes, get Plato back. It's nice to see proper drivers caning new cars round a track.