PDA

View Full Version : Stella 1 was a pig so...........

Heather
25th September 2006, 08:11 PM
.....after having the AA inspection decided not to go ahead. However.....I did track down a nice wee white one eventually in Stoke and drove her up on Saturday. Shes's a 94 Cooper who is currently pretty standard and very tidy;) First mods include new gear change linkage, front and rear brakes (fronts to 4 pot alloy callipers with green stuff pads) SS RC40 and then moving onto the interior. Have not stopped smiling when I look at her:D
http://static.flickr.com/103/251547715_591215cd2d.jpg?v=0
http://static.flickr.com/106/251547711_2b76423d41.jpg?v=0
http://static.flickr.com/108/251547710_d43f01d46f.jpg?v=0

Burple
25th September 2006, 08:51 PM
Wow H!!!!
Stunner!!!
I liked the other one right enough, but wow! Very purty!!! :cool::cool::D:D

I notice that she and ROb's new baby are both 94 Coopers.... Just like my old Elmo! I loved that wee car! I wanna 'nother one!
Get a K&N on it with the SS Exhaust, beautiful noise!

You definitely going for an RC40 (RC50 in SS?)? I'd seriously consider a Playmini one!! ;):D

lightbody
25th September 2006, 08:59 PM
94 Coopers RULE!!! Excellent vintage.

:D :cool:

I love my RC40 - its not loud, but its a lovely tone! Nobody seems to call them RC50's any more for some reason.

K18ARY
25th September 2006, 09:46 PM
Heather,

looks brilliant, I will need to get a look if you don't mind.

Have you managed to get 4 pots yet? I know of somebody who is pretty much giving away a set of mtero 4 pots with disks hubs and all. They have been resealed and have new pistons. He is also selling a set of Corbeau Forza buckets seats for myuch cheapness.

Waxoyl is yours if you want it.

stoney
25th September 2006, 10:37 PM
nice looking mini :)

Heather
25th September 2006, 11:39 PM
Think the playmini may be a little too loud for my liking, heard Rob's the other night and its was just the right note! On the noise side I will def. be picking your brains Ewan as to the best set up:D
Barry, pop round anytime and have a look, think I may go for the alloy callipers though...one less thing to rust:p
94' mini club.....its the place to be;):D

Burple
26th September 2006, 12:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by Heather

Think the playmini may be a little too loud for my liking, heard Rob's the other night and its was just the right note! On the noise side I will def. be picking your brains Ewan as to the best set up:D
Barry, pop round anytime and have a look, think I may go for the alloy callipers though...one less thing to rust:p
94' mini club.....its the place to be;):D

I want mine baaaaaaaaaaaaaacccckkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Once I sussed out the problem for the emissions one year (car felt sluggish too), he was a wee flyer!!
Turned out that Bump starts REALLY ARE bad for cars with catalytic converters! So don't do it!:blackeye:
The unburnt fuel had indeed come through the engine, soaked into the Cat and possibly ignited there. When I finally got the Cat off, in one end it was full of shattered little bits of ceramic, all criss crossed across their normal plane of existance (the front end) and the other was gummed up with what looked like a ceramic version of a cooling down lava lamp! £30 and a second hand cat later, the difference was astounding! One lesson learned the hard way! :D:D

Looks like you need to get some sticky Yokohamas on there too! ;);)

Duncan Stewart
26th September 2006, 12:35 AM
Looking great Heather :D looks much better than the sportspack minis (& faster too :p)
RC40 is the way to go - sounds great on my wee Rio but not too loud

Gismo
26th September 2006, 01:10 PM
Also replied on the clan site, i guess the first Stella is a goner, i can't see the piccies but i'll go with everyone else and say she's a corker :D