PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know...

bobbyraven
23rd September 2006, 10:34 PM
....a good window tinter in the Glasgow area?? And if so, any idea on avg. price per window??

Cheers,

BR ;)

illegalhunter
23rd September 2006, 11:43 PM
THESE IS ONE ON SOUTH STREET THEY QUOTED ME £130 FOR MY MINI IF YOUR NOT HAPPY WITHE JOB DONT PAY

Neil and Lorna
24th September 2006, 05:31 AM
Remember any tint to the front side windows renders your car illegal.
As I found out to my horror.
You may also have insurance problems with illegal windows.

Neil.:D

Crombers
24th September 2006, 06:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by Neil and Lorna

Remember any tint to the front side windows renders your car illegal.
As I found out to my horror.
You may also have insurance problems with illegal windows.

Neil.:D

Yup , keep on the plods side :p;):D

minimadg
24th September 2006, 07:02 AM
theres carlo who does work for menzies give claire a ring at menzies and ask for tel number.he also does graphics,see andy and lenores saltire roof:D

AndyP & Lenore
24th September 2006, 07:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by minimadg

theres carlo who does work for menzies give claire a ring at menzies and ask for tel number.he also does graphics,see andy and lenores saltire roof:D

:approve::approve::approve:

Don't know if he does window tinting though.

Not that I wan't to drag this issue up again, but I also totally agree with Neil. ANY tint to your front windows will make them illegal.:eek:

X30YES
24th September 2006, 10:43 AM
Tinthaus have a place near Hampden

bobbyraven
24th September 2006, 05:28 PM
...thanks a lot guys. I'm not tiniting the front anyway!! There are aftermarket tints on the rear already but I've never been happy with the back one so was looking to get it replaced. I take it legally you can do what you want with the rears anyway??

Thanks again,

BR

;)

stoney
24th September 2006, 08:11 PM
yep any thing u want on the rear galss i used a place in east killbride on one of my last cars they did a brill job with life time grante on them for bubles and stuff !!!!

bobbyraven
25th September 2006, 03:29 AM
is 100quid to replace the back window tint dear?? that was the place on south street who quoted it..

..I was planning to remove the existing one myself, 100 seems expensive???

;)

Gordons_cooper_wrks
25th September 2006, 04:02 AM
Hamiton auto tint. unit 12 priestfield ind est, Prospect Court, BLantyre, Hamiton G72 0JA 01698 829111,,,, 07754253811. Guy called marc. Does an amazing job. He tinted my car and my last one. job is faultless.Never heard of a bad job. My front windows are 2% over the limit but its not on the invoice that they were tinted by him so.....I also have never been stoped by the traffics for my tints and i hang about places where there are loads of trafic police.Have a look at the pic of my car on my profile for an idea. I think ive got 20% on the back and 50% on the front.

Gordons_cooper_wrks
25th September 2006, 04:04 AM
Meant to say ;; will cost abt £180ish for full car. It is worth paying this to get a good quality job.

bobbyraven
25th September 2006, 04:15 AM
..car looks great mate!! I'll try and speak to him to get a price for the rear. Thanks a lot for the post ;)

bobbyraven
14th November 2006, 03:57 AM
..finally got my back window sorted on Friday. Mark (Hamilton Auto tints) did it following the recommendation. He did a great job and was a thoroughly good bloke too. BMW dealerships could learn a thing or two in terms of customer communication and service - and he's a one man outfit!

I found the whole experience reassuring - he knows what he's doing, took care doing the work and wasn't out to rip anyone off.

So, if you need your pride and joy tinted give the guy a phone.

Cheers,

BR ;):D:D:D:D:D:D

And thanks to Gordons cooper wrks for the tip - nice one!!

soopercooper
15th November 2006, 09:49 PM
strathclyde autotint in hillington industrial estate is a good place guy used to work for pentagon who runs autotint now