PDA

View Full Version : Areo Side Skirts

Mini Martyn
16th December 2003, 08:43 PM
Went into Henry Bros. to find out how much these were, and was quoted £600 supplied fitted and painted, is this a good deal or could I buy them online or mail order?

Your help and advise people would be great!!

Gismo
16th December 2003, 09:40 PM
Whoa, that's expensive :eek: either buy the skirts from them or somewhere else and get a local bodyshop to fit them for you.
I'm sure the skirts are about £280, so, for £320 they will paint and fit them, hmm, nice earner for the dealer.

Go round a few places and ask them how much to paint and fit.

Bonnie Scotland

Quik_Mini
16th December 2003, 10:01 PM
Heheh yea the bodykit is a really nice earner for them (£1600 full), their bodyshop tends to take the mr jackson a tad when it comes to prices

KenL
16th December 2003, 10:23 PM
I think you can order the bits delivered to the dealer already painted. I'm think there are part numbers for them in the accessories brochure.

Wul
16th December 2003, 11:31 PM
The accessories catalogue lists the full aero kit including front/back skirts as "from £900" this is for supply so £600 sounds pricey - go with BS/KenL 's ideas if i were you.

Quik_Mini
17th December 2003, 12:43 AM
£900 not fitted or painted as far as I am aware and yea you can get them painted before they go to the dealer and it is less expensive, when I was getting my lil baby i got a phone call saying I had one of two options, either i could pay extra and get henry bros to do the aerokit painting or I had to wait longer for them to get already painted parts in.... I think it was like 2 weeks longer wait.. Guess what I chose :)

Linda M
17th December 2003, 02:40 AM
I'm sure mine were about £300 fitted a year ago.

sh@z
17th December 2003, 09:45 AM
my full kit cost £15-1600 if i remember right..?

Quik_Mini
17th December 2003, 05:05 PM
Yea same for mine, I think thats about standard, but Mini are changing the kit price this year I think.

euan
17th December 2003, 07:29 PM
I was quoted about 300 quid for Aero skirts for my S not that long ago. Decided to wait until the New Year to get them though.

Big Col
17th December 2003, 07:43 PM
Does anyone have the side skirts fitted but not the bumpers? If so do they have a pic? I like the chrome front grill which you lose with the aero kit (I think) but would quite like the side skirts if they looked ok.

Gismo
17th December 2003, 08:13 PM
Col,
I have the aero side skirts but not the bumpers, you should be able to see that in one of the piccies i sent you.
I have the S so the chrome grill is not there

Bonnie Scotland

weefossy
19th December 2003, 06:59 AM
Martyn, Sioban wants the skirts put on for her birthday, but i haven't had time to do any "looking around". Could you let me know what the best solution is when you get an answer. Pre-painted sounds simple! I'll trust your judgement:approve::approve:

Big Col
19th December 2003, 05:22 PM
Oh so you do Alan. I never even noticed that. They look excellent.

What did you use on the wheel arches to get them so shiny?:cool:

Mini Martyn
19th December 2003, 05:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Martyn, Sioban wants the skirts put on for her birthday, but i haven't had time to do any "looking around". Could you let me know what the best solution is when you get an answer. Pre-painted sounds simple! I'll trust your judgement:approve::approve:

When is Sioban's birthday? I am away on holiday next week but will try and do some rumaging before I go and let you know.

Gismo
19th December 2003, 07:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
What did you use on the wheel arches to get them so shiny?:cool:
I used a local body shop and had them painted shiny black :cool:

Bonnie Scotland

Mini Martyn
8th January 2004, 07:55 PM
Just been into Henry Bros. and they have quoted me £280 inc VAT to supply the side skirts but not fitted or painted. So that means that they charge a further £320 to paint and fit them!! Not bad going!!

I have not found them cheaper on the net yet but will try and have a hunt soon.

weefossy
15th January 2004, 06:14 AM
Thanks Martyn. I have a local paint shop I trust so I will ask what fitting and painting would cost. The money "she who must be obeyed" has spent over Xmas, she may have to wait until her next birthday!!