PDA

View Full Version : MUDFLAPS

ajamesj
19th September 2006, 11:53 PM
I was thinking about getting front and rear mudflaps for my MCS but when I enquired at one local dealers one said they would not fit and the other dealer said they would but could not tell me how they fitted he would rather sit at his desk and drink coffee so I just walked out. Can anyone help out my plan was to have them fitted for winter and to take them off for summer. It might help keep the rear window clear and the car less mucky.

duncan
20th September 2006, 12:26 AM
Front mudflaps are pretty easy to fit - but they won't go on the Aero kit.
I'd leave them on all the time.

The rears on the pre-facelifts are held on with a sticky fixer type thing, so taking on and off isn't really an option.

You'll get some saying they look bad, but I had them on my pre-facelift One, and didn't have a problem with them.
The only reason I haven't put them on the face lifted Cooper I have now, is they aren't the easiest to fit, and I'm not paying MINI dealer labour rates to get them fitted!

Instructions for fitting used to be somewhere on MINI2

MartinSullivan
20th September 2006, 12:32 AM
Parts List (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=RA31&mospid=48013&btnr=82_1142&hg=82&fg=44&hl=1)

Rear Flaps Installation (http://www.motoringfile.com/howto/Rear%20Mud%20Flaps.PDF)

Front Flaps Installation (http://www.motoringfile.com/howto/Front%20Mud%20Flaps.PDF)

redpoint rallying
20th September 2006, 01:13 AM
Andrew,

If it is specifically an 'S' you are wanting to fit rears to then I am led to believe that BMW do not make them as the the rear bumper profile is different to the One and Cooper. ie. the rear flaps for thise models arent designed to fit the 'S'.

I made up my own for my 'S' using soft carbon fibre sheet.

Finally, no amount of mudflaps will keep the back of the car any cleaner.....its 'one of those things'

cheers

M

Craig
20th September 2006, 01:22 AM
front mudflaps from dealer are less than £7. bought a set the other day and contrary to popular belief, they do fit on the aero kit - they just sit at a different angle and a wee self taper screw is required. (which you never see as it's underneath) :D

AndyP and MarkyC have them both fitted to their cars with aero kit. ;)

ajamesj
20th September 2006, 03:30 AM
So no rears available just fronts I will see if I can get a set from perth next time iam up there

Thanks Andy

avdero
21st September 2006, 01:52 AM
I had rears fitted to Aero-kit and were def a easy DIY.
Have a look and see them on the Car clean forum under Allans topic with a 56k Warning - scroll down and you can see what after market mudflats look like when fitted.
Warning - THEY DO NOT KEEP THE REAR OF THE CAR ANY CLEANER

PACMAN
21st September 2006, 02:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by avdero

I had rears fitted to Aero-kit and were def a easy DIY.
Have a look and see them on the Car clean forum under Allans topic with a 56k Warning - scroll down and you can see what after market mudflats look like when fitted.
Warning - THEY DO NOT KEEP THE REAR OF THE CAR ANY CLEANER

I guess they are a waste of time then except for the front ones..... less stone chip on the side :disapprove:

DJBlack
22nd September 2006, 08:19 PM
There are no rears officially for the S, but the standard ones do fit and look ok.

There is one issue tho - there is one out of the 4 screws that does not line up. The remaining three do hold the flap on fine, along with the sticky tape or silicon should you want extra hold (!).

DJ

ajamesj
9th October 2006, 03:10 AM
Got them fitted not sure if I will keep them on in the summer but will help keep car clean in winter photos will follow if anyone whats to see