PDA

View Full Version : Tyre pressure warning light

minimadtez
18th September 2006, 06:02 PM
Months ago, my ABS warning light, and tyre pressure light came on.......i ignored them, until my MOT ran out.

I bought a new ABS sensor, but it is not fitted yet.....i thought id do a DIY job 1st! The wires were knackered on the current sensor, (they have had many attempted fix jobs before judging by the looks of them!...and Bri tried once before as well.) I stripped the wires a bit and professionally rejoined them (good old electrical tape!)......this has put out the ABS warning light, but the tyre pressure light is still on. Any ideas?

It doesn't do anything when I try to reset it......and yes, I am doing it right, i used to do it all the time before.

I knew it was too good to be true that I could fix it all by myself! :D:D

MartinSullivan
18th September 2006, 06:32 PM
Im not sure but I suspect you might get through the MOT with the tyre warning light on. I dont think they will check that. Mine just got through with the airbag warning light on. Would definitely fail with the ABS light on as you know already.

Apart from that cant offer much info - except it uses the same sensor and brain unit for both the ABS and tyre warning lights. So it could still be pointing to a problem with the processing unit or sensor.

minimadtez
18th September 2006, 06:46 PM
oh good! if thats the case, ill hopefully get him back on the road with the light on :)

my worry is, that if it is a sensor thats knackered, it could be any of them....and may be coincidense that wire was knackered too. I know chances are it would be that one, but it is possible. :(

MartinSullivan
18th September 2006, 06:47 PM
Check with Alan at Autotech (if thats who is doing the MOT) but Im pretty sure they wont be interested in the tyre pressure warning light, just the ABS light.

MartinSullivan
18th September 2006, 06:51 PM
PS your dads mate Brian (??) at Newmachar has a full diagnostic computer, it might be able to differentiate between which sensor is faulty and give you a better idea of where the problem is. It does everything the BMW unit does.

minimadtez
18th September 2006, 06:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Check with Alan at Autotech (if thats who is doing the MOT) but Im pretty sure they wont be interested in the tyre pressure warning light, just the ABS light.

Have done :)
He says it wont fail with the tyre pressure light.
Bumbles MOT is on Thursday :D YAY!!!!! and IF (fingers crossed)he passes, I can drive about all day on Friday with a grin on my face again! :D:D

MartinSullivan
18th September 2006, 06:54 PM
;) Cool, good luck to the wee fella

minimadtez
18th September 2006, 06:59 PM

Notice you have spotlights again. :)

MartinSullivan
18th September 2006, 07:11 PM
I do :D and they are angel eyes - look very cool at night (thanks ScottieCoop)