PDA

View Full Version : 3mm tyre depth

jdjonathan
14th September 2006, 06:19 AM
Im selling my mini to a dealer in london. we agreed on a price however they decided today that they were going to deduct £150 per tyre below the 3mm tyre depth. is that not tight :question:

Gismo
14th September 2006, 06:28 AM
I think that it would be fair that they could deduct a certain amount for worn tyres, are your tyres below 3mm, if they are then their price is a bit steep, would be worth it to you to replace any tyres they deem below 3mm

The Dogfather
14th September 2006, 06:50 AM
Walk away! If they agreed a price then that's that.

X30YES
14th September 2006, 12:45 PM
That seems to be the norm with dealers ,if the tyres are below a certain depth ..BMW wont sell a car with less then 3mm of tread (I hear)... I'm sure Norm/Clare will be able to put an exact depth on it ... "walk away" , mmmmmm, if they have agreed a price and then decide to change it you might have a good case .
Tyres will be less than £150 a go if you look around

Craig
14th September 2006, 03:34 PM
is the deal that good ? ? if you would get a better deal elsewhere (taking into consideration the tyre issue)) I would tell them the deal is off... ;)

Gismo
14th September 2006, 05:33 PM
Has the dealer seen the car :question: if not then they probably forgot to mention it first time around, still, not your fault, so, as others say, unless it's a very good deal, walk :approve:

Clare1
14th September 2006, 05:33 PM
If tyres on a PX are 3mm or below then we take in to account when pricing the car that we will need to replace them.
BMW/MINI Approved Used Car strict guidelines state that no used car should be sold with less than 3mm of tread.

When the dealer done an appraisal on your car they should have taken the deductions off BEFORE giving you a price.

If the appraisal is done over the phone, then customers are advised that this is only a ''ballpark'' figure and that if the car is not as described then deductions would be taken off when the car is properly appraised.

To save this happening, I dont tend to give prices over the phone, a proffesional appraisal to get the best possible price for a vehicle is by seeing it!

Kirsty
14th September 2006, 06:02 PM
I'm going to be replacing my dunlop runflats shortly (not sure what you have on yours) but I've managed to get them for £69.20 from www.mytyres.co.uk that is supply and delivery but the garage near me will fit them for £10. Don't know if thats any help but hopefully it'll save you some pennies!!!

stoney
15th September 2006, 04:25 PM
just whach my mytyyres as i had some run flats and where falty ant the prob i had geting a refund was shocking !!!!!