PDA

View Full Version : R56 Build

ianking
13th September 2006, 09:05 PM
I see on the Autotrder home page that there is an article saying that the production of the R56 started this morning. A visit by Gordon Brown started it off.
Anyway how come if they are making the cars now do the dealers tell you that they have no idea of spec or pirices and that the public prob knows more than they do. How on earth have they been able to spec their demo cars and cars for the showroom.
Why do dealers feel they have to lie so much. :mad:

Big Col
13th September 2006, 09:08 PM
Surely this one should be in the dealer questions forum? :)

bhunabelly
13th September 2006, 09:28 PM
You are dealing with the worng dealer then.

I have a R56 on order with a small scottish dealer and have built a car via their online system in their showroom, complete with all the bits and pieces I want and have a final price on the road, all they could not do was confirm the availability of a TLC package. They have a listing of all the bits and pieces and took the trouble to explaing the differences between the interior world/interior trim and colour line options, along with all the changes between the current and new models.

Dealers have been allocated their cars for launch, I saw a listing of six car spec's, each dealer is to get five out of these six cars for demos and showroom for their launch weekend of the 18 & 19 November.

If you are been told otherwise I think it about time you swapped dealers.

Clare1
13th September 2006, 10:05 PM
Ian, we have ALL the specifications, prices of factory fit options etc. Cars are available to order.
I dont know who has been 'hiding' information from yourself or saying that they do not have information, all dealers have access to whats called SA3 which is the updated ordering system.
Dont see any point in dealers lying.

ianking
13th September 2006, 10:08 PM
Wouldnt want to say that it was Dunedin and Eastern but if you have any brochures and prices I would certainly appreciate it if you could send me a copy.

Clare1
13th September 2006, 10:17 PM
Ian brochures arnt available until end of the month but i can get you a copy of our dealer list if you want?

Cant believe dealers will lose business by not taking the time to ensure product knowledge is up to speed and by not having all up to date information to hand. Theres no excusses.

PACMAN
13th September 2006, 10:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

Ian brochures arnt available until end of the month but i can get you a copy of our dealer list if you want?

Cant believe dealers will lose business by not taking the time to ensure product knowledge is up to speed and by not having all up to date information to hand. Theres no excusses.

drip....drip.....:)

Scottie
13th September 2006, 10:50 PM
check my post that I made on options it is the same as what the dealer has tells you every available spec options

Clare1
13th September 2006, 10:51 PM
Theres a difference though in being drip fed by MINI and not taking time to actually take in the information we DO receive. ;0)