PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up for Meguiar's

OBN
13th September 2006, 03:26 AM
After recommendations from people on this site, I finally bought some Meguiar's. (for my forthcoming mini)

I was at a loose end tonight so decided to give me current car a quick wash (first in months).

Then I thought what the hell I'll try and see if this clay thing is any good.

Oh what a finish!

Used Autoglym car shampoo, rinsed using the Flash Autodry filter. Ok i though the car looks clean and shiney.

Gave the bonnet a once over with the Quik Detailer, the a wee rub with the Quik Clay.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction, just need a new car that i can be bothered to keep clean and mega shiney now!

Burple
13th September 2006, 05:37 PM
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Need to do mine again sometime soon, before winter kicks in.. Probably do the wheels as well this time! :D

ChrisB
13th September 2006, 09:23 PM
Clay is great stuff, i don't know why so many apople are apprehensive about using it. However, not that you have clay'd the bonnet there is absolutely no protection on the surface - clay removes all wax. You need to apply a wax or polish/wax combined.

Trust me, you think it looks good now, imagine what it would look like after you have used clay, swirl remover, polish and wax!!

ianking
13th September 2006, 09:32 PM
Yes exactly what ChrisB said. You must get a polish/wax on that paint pronto as it is bare to all the elements now.

Alfie
14th September 2006, 01:24 AM
Use clay first, then the polish and a good couple of coats of the carnauba wax.

I now use the Klasse All-In-One polish then Klasse Gloss protector then wax. Brilliant!!

The Dogfather
14th September 2006, 06:56 AM
Autoglym gloss protector is fantastic :D

ianking
14th September 2006, 06:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

As is the Autoglym Super resin Polish if you just want to give it a quick going over

Burple
14th September 2006, 07:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

The Super Gloss Protecotor?

Yeah, it's great, but don't get it on yer plastic trim, it's a total nightmare to get off!

ChrisB
14th September 2006, 09:15 PM
I'd be putting Meguiars Gold Class on the car tbh is I were giving it a quick going over after claying.

Personally, and it is really all about personal preference here, if I was having a proper session on the car (every 6 months) I would clay, Poorboys SSR2.5, Meguiars stage 2 deep crystal polish, Meguiars synthetic sealant, P21S Carnauba Wax.

BTW, all that is made far easier with a Porter Cable!!

Had 3 black cars to date and now a BEP mini and this is my product preference.