PDA

View Full Version : Wee Dougie's Off On His Travels

Pages : [1] 2

Gismo
12th September 2006, 10:31 PM
That's the wee fella off to Mini Sport for the start of his adventure, after there mikeythemini will be picking him up and installing a wee stereo before i drop off the new S for the ice reinstall and drive the wee fella home :cool:
Won't get him back until the 23rd October when i'm back from Baku :p

bpirie1000
12th September 2006, 10:52 PM
Oh What you getting Done?

suppose you have to Go To Baku to pay for all this New Bits... But the Best thing about Old school Minis is there Fairly Cheap... for parts I mean....

Gismo
12th September 2006, 11:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000
Oh What you getting Done?Well, a 1430 engine conversion, Quaife LSD, full poly bushing kit, adjusta ride suspension, negative camber kit, upgraded brakes, short shift kit :cool: i think that's it :eek:

X30YES
12th September 2006, 11:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Oh What you getting Done?Well, a 1430 engine conversion, Quaife LSD, full poly bushing kit, adjusta ride suspension, negative camber kit, upgraded brakes, short shift kit :cool: i think that's it :eek:
Aye , for now !!!:p

duncan
13th September 2006, 03:22 AM
Spotted!

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/5633/12092006238qp1.jpg

Saw him in Arbroath this afternoon!

Duncan Stewart
13th September 2006, 03:45 AM
Cant wait to see him finished :D

Great photo Duncan

duncan
13th September 2006, 03:54 AM
Its no David Bailey shot right enough!

Gismo
13th September 2006, 05:01 AM
Hey nice one, i meant to take my camera to meet the transporter but forgot :cool: don't he look lonely, he only just managed to get on the ramps :p they were a bit wide and more meant for family saloon cars :D

The guy has to make a wee list to show any dents, sratches and rust etc, just in case it's claimed it was damaged during trasnport, he was amazed, the car is absolutely mint :cool: a real credit to his previous owner (s) :approve:

duncan
13th September 2006, 05:21 AM
Here's the other pic i managed.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3462/12092006237kf4.jpg

Again, not the best, but wasn't really expecting to see your Mini on the back of a transporter!

Gismo
18th September 2006, 06:18 AM
Minisport have confirmed they have received the car and that the wee man's heart has been ripped out :eek: he's on a ventilator whilst his new heart is installed :p
The doc says he will make a full recovery :D
I'll get me coat :I

john
3rd October 2006, 08:50 AM
Oh! Man!! BS has lost the plot this time:D

Is Duggie still exausted? or has that gone too?:D

Gismo
3rd October 2006, 05:41 PM
Currently waiting for the LSD to arrive before the transplant can be completed :disapprove:

Gismo
7th October 2006, 06:29 PM
LSD due in on Monday 9th october, mods should be finished for going to Mikes on the 14th :D and for me then to collect him on the 23rd.
I also opted for a new seat package, the cobra classic, in black with headrests and red piping :cool:

Gismo
7th October 2006, 06:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by john
Is Duggie still exausted? or has that gone too?:DThanks to Craig installing a very nice exhaust i got a refund off the price of the engine kit, worked out around the same price as a new seat package ;)

Heather
7th October 2006, 06:39 PM
Nice to hear things are moving along....cant wait to see him:D

Gismo
7th October 2006, 06:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Heather
Nice to hear things are moving along....cant wait to see him:DYep, me too, since i bought him from craig i reckon i've had him for about 10 days :disapprove: the rest of the time he's been away getting stuff done :p
Looking forward to seeing mikey's creativity at work :cool:

Craig
7th October 2006, 07:12 PM

Is Duggie still exausted? or has that gone too?:DThanks to Craig installing a very nice exhaust i got a refund off the price of the engine kit, worked out around the same price as a new seat package ;)

:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::appr ove::approve:

Only the best for the wee boy

When does he come back Alan, would like a wee look..... ;)

Gismo
7th October 2006, 07:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd
When does he come back Alan, would like a wee look..... ;)Hoping to drive him back from liverpool on the 23rd October :cool:

Gismo
26th October 2006, 06:41 PM
Latest update, his new heart has been transplanted and is getting set up on the rolling road tomorrow ;)

Craig
27th October 2006, 12:42 AM
I take it the gearbox issue has been sorted then ? :D

Burple
27th October 2006, 01:02 AM

Latest update, his new heart has been transplanted and is getting set up on the rolling road tomorrow ;)

:approve::approve::approve::approve::D:D:D

Gismo
28th October 2006, 04:03 AM
Wee Dougie is officially finished :D Mike has kindly offered to pick him up on monday, so, depending on what Mike does to him i'll either have him for the manky run or Monday 6th :cool:

Burple
28th October 2006, 05:44 AM

....i'll either have him for the manky run or Monday 6th :cool:

You Wouldn't!! :eek::eek::eek: :D:D

Gismo
28th October 2006, 05:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
You Wouldn't!! :eek::eek::eek: :D:DIf a flippin smart car can do the run then so can a classic :evil: besides, it's my run, so there :p:D
That's if i've picked up on what you really mean

john
28th October 2006, 06:16 AM
Rememaber MANKY CARS ONLY:evil:

Burple
28th October 2006, 08:28 AM
if a flippin smart car can do the run then so can a classic :evil: besides, it's my run, so there :p:D
That's if i've picked up on what you really mean

Naww.. what I mean is that you'll only have the wee fella back, an' all shiny!

Don't let the Bufty-meister hear you're taking a clean wee car on the Manky thrash! :p:p:D:D

(Or at least geez a go!;);):p:p)

Gismo
28th October 2006, 05:09 PM
Don't let the Bufty-meister hear you're taking a clean wee car on the Manky thrash! :p:p:D:D
(Or at least geez a go!;);):p:p)I wouldn't go if he was all clean and shiny 8) i've got an image to keep up :p

Craig
28th October 2006, 06:12 PM

(Or at least geez a go!;);):p:p)I wouldn't go if he was all clean and shiny 8) i've got an image to keep up :p

<:eek:............thud>

but if you do bring him, a wee shottie ? :p

Gismo
28th October 2006, 06:53 PM
<:eek:............thud>Ah dry yer eyes man 8) he's all mine now i tell ye :p:D
Of course you can have a shottie :approve:

Gismo
31st October 2006, 12:25 AM
He's arrived at mikeythemini's, safe and sound :p ooh the wait :evil::cool:

Craig
31st October 2006, 02:10 AM
it will be worth it I'm sure.. :approve:

Gismo
31st October 2006, 05:45 PM
His new heart :):-

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/1430Engine.jpg

The Hi Fi Install begins, firstly with some weight reduction techniques :eek::-

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/CuttOffs.jpg

Parked in the garage waiting for Mike to begin :p

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/HiFiInstallStarts.jpg

Scottie
31st October 2006, 05:55 PM
they could have cleaned the engine and made it all nice. But of course you like things manky;):p:p

Gismo
31st October 2006, 06:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
they could have cleaned the engine and made it all niceSadly that's what i was thinking Fi, wouldn't have taken much to give the air filter box a nit of a clean :evil:
Also, Mike reports there is excessive engine movement and that maybe the exhaust is blowing :disapprove:
Just waiting for mini sport to open

Burple
31st October 2006, 06:40 PM

His new heart :):-

The Hi Fi Install begins, firstly with some weight reduction techniques :eek:

Couple of 6x9s in the parcel shelf? ;);):D:D:cool::cool:

Excess engine movement isn't so good!
Have they forgotten to tighten up the top engine mount?
That could be the cause of the exhaust blowing too, if the engine is rocking back and forward on the bottom mounts..

Should be easy to tell if that's wot it is..
Open the bonnet with the engine off, and stand where you can see the engine and the steering wheel.. turn the wheel back and forth.. If the top of the engine moves more than a few mm, the top mount is either loose, or the bushes worn...

Gismo
31st October 2006, 07:07 PM
Couple of 6x9s in the parcel shelf? ;);):D:D:cool::cool:That's the existing one's, 7" x 10"'s goin in ;)

Excess engine movement isn't so good!
Have they forgotten to tighten up the top engine mount?That's what i thought, Mike is gonna have a look at it when his ramp is clear

If the top of the engine moves more than a few mm, the top mount is either loose, or the bushes wornFull poly bushing kit installed as well as the new engine stabaliser

Heather
31st October 2006, 09:48 PM
Cant believe they did not clean the engine bay after doing all that work.:disapprove: Minisport are probally my least favourite suppliers and there is alot of bad press about them in the mini forums right now. Dont let them off with anything Alan (not that i think you would) and keep us informed

bpirie1000
31st October 2006, 09:50 PM
Didn't even clean the Inner Wheel arch.. Oh dear o Dear....

That Expansion Tank doesn't look particularly Clear either. Make sure the Coolant is in..

Brake Master Cylinder also Looks Alittle Unproffesional..

you deafo Have a Poly bush in the Engine Steady I can see it..

Still Looks Teh Muts Nuts though...

Should I run a sweeper to Predict how long it is till you have an Oil leak.........
My sportspack Leaked out the Factory... Typical..But hey..

Burple
31st October 2006, 10:20 PM

you deafo Have a Poly bush in the Engine Steady I can see it..

good point... I forgot it was a Sportspack, I was looking on the other side! :I:D

Gismo
1st November 2006, 12:20 AM
Cant believe they did not clean the engine bay after doing all that work.:disapprove: Minisport are probally my least favourite suppliers and there is alot of bad press about them in the mini forums right now. Dont let them off with anything Alan (not that i think you would) and keep us informedSeeing the picture has left me simmering all day, i've finally sent mini sport an e-mail requesting info on their workshop practices :disapprove:
Even if the coolant tank has been cleaned, surely it would have made more sense to renew it to make the rest of the install look professional :mad:

Craig
1st November 2006, 05:33 AM
I see the new leather interior is in also... :approve:

Gismo
1st November 2006, 06:48 AM
Do you think this amp will be big enough :eek::-

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/Amp.jpg

For these rear speakers ;)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/RearSpeakers.jpg

Gismo
1st November 2006, 06:51 AM
I see the new leather interior is in also... :approve:Waiting on the rear covers, not in stock :evil:

bpirie1000
1st November 2006, 05:18 PM
Mickey Mouse Operations.....

Tisk tisk...

Hope that MDF that the Amp is mounted on will be covered in something!!!!!!!!

take it your getting 6x9's in teh back shelf and 8" under the rear seats??

Looks good on the speaker front though..

Gismo
1st November 2006, 05:52 PM
Hope that MDF that the Amp is mounted on will be covered in something!!!!!!!!Oh yes, something similar to the original Mili boot install ;)

take it your getting 6x9's in the back shelf and 8" under the rear seats??Erm nope, 7 x 10's in the rear shelf and woofers in the under seats, there are also 4" dash speakers going in :p

Burple
1st November 2006, 06:35 PM

Hope that MDF that the Amp is mounted on will be covered in something!!!!!!!!Oh yes, something similar to the original Mili boot install ;)

take it your getting 6x9's in the back shelf and 8" under the rear seats??Erm nope, 7 x 10's in the rear shelf and woofers in the under seats, there are also 4" dash speakers going in :p

<drools a little bit>
Looking good! :cool::cool::cool:

Gismo
2nd November 2006, 12:40 AM
Repsonse from mini sport regarding the manky engine bay, i just have to pop in on my way home from mikeythemini where the engine bay will be given a full clean :p

X30YES
2nd November 2006, 12:42 AM
Should think so as well

bpirie1000
2nd November 2006, 12:49 AM

Repsonse from mini sport regarding the manky engine bay, i just have to pop in on my way home from mikeythemini where the engine bay will be given a full clean :p

No resolution to poor workmanship though..

and it doesn't assist with the Internal crap that is in your engine with that Minging expansion tank.......

But hey. a power wash is only £2.30 at shell.............

If I was paying for Engine and all the rest of it I would be Creating a hell of a fuss...........

No more update photos we can be picky at today then??

Gismo
2nd November 2006, 12:58 AM
No more update photos we can be picky at today then??Mikey usually send me an update every night :I
But, here's the new front seats:-

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/ClassicSeats.jpg

Luckily Mike noticed the pathetic battery and the shorted out earth cable :eek:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/Battery.jpg

Scottie
2nd November 2006, 01:05 AM
Nice seats:cool: my bum would nae fit in them though:(

Gismo
2nd November 2006, 01:42 AM
my bum would nae fit in them though:(I can only hope that mine do :p

K18ARY
2nd November 2006, 05:18 AM
I love sportspacks, I think they look like the ultimate big boys toy!! The interior looks sweeeet also, lucky sod. I wouldn't be that bothered about the engine to be honest, it would give me something extra to clean:D. Although you would think that they would like to make their work look as professional as possible. Hope the new motor puts a big smile on your face I am very jealous!

Gismo
2nd November 2006, 06:45 AM
Day 2 update:-

Where do all these wires go :eek:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/Wires.jpg

That should keep the inside nice and warm:-

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/SoundDeadening.jpg

Burple
2nd November 2006, 09:16 AM
You need to get those seatbelts changed to black or red now.. ;);):p:p:D:D

Craig
2nd November 2006, 04:28 PM
must have been cold down there - the heater has been on... ;)

Gismo
2nd November 2006, 06:04 PM
You need to get those seatbelts changed to black or red now.. ;);):p:p:D:DAye i know i know, am also changing the gear gaiter and knob :eek:

Gismo
3rd November 2006, 07:08 PM
Day 3:-

Sound proof and heavy duty battery and new earth cable:-
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/SoundProof.jpg

Road Pilot:-
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/RoadPilot.jpg

Screen and Nokia bluetooth controller:-
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/Screen.jpg

Wul
3rd November 2006, 07:42 PM
Now all you need is an uprated alternator to charge the big battery and run all the toys!! :p Alan - are you seriously going to do enough miles in the Classic to need the Roadpilot and SatNav?? LOL! ;):p

Gismo
3rd November 2006, 07:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul
Alan - are you seriously going to do enough miles in the Classic to need the Roadpilot and SatNav?? LOL! ;):pIn a word, yes :D i fully intend to go on as many classic runs as new mini ones and to attend various functions too, for instance, the mini clan meet in Glasgow once a month, i most probably will be going to my first one next wednesday evening, i'll need the nav to get me there as i'm hopeless in directing myself 8)
Besides, that's an old screen anyway :p:D and i'm putting a new micro go in the S :approve:

ianking
3rd November 2006, 08:25 PM
FAO Bonnie Scotland

Did you send your mini down with a transport company?
I think I have just sold one of my classics to a man in Surrey but he needss it delivered and wants it quite soon.
If you send it with a transporter how much did it cost and do you have a contact for them.
thanks
Ian

Gismo
3rd November 2006, 08:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking
FAO Bonnie Scotland
Did you send your mini down with a transport company?
If you send it with a transporter how much did it cost and do you have a contact for themYes i did, it cost £167 one way, i'll try and dig out the number, i'm sure the company was Falkirk Car Carriers

I'm sure this is the number, 01324 482 382

Smitty
3rd November 2006, 08:51 PM
Its looking really tidy!! :D

Shame about poor workmanship from Minisport though, never a good thing!!:(

ianking
3rd November 2006, 10:43 PM
thanks BS I will give them a call.

Gismo
4th November 2006, 04:02 AM
Day 4:-

Boot Install
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/BootInstall.jpg

Logo :cool:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/LaserLogo.jpg

PACMAN
4th November 2006, 04:07 AM
very nice :cool:

mikeythemini
4th November 2006, 04:21 AM
Bit of a problem though - its posher in the boot than in the car ;)

Gismo
4th November 2006, 04:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by mikeythemini
Bit of a problem though - its posher in the boot than in the car ;)Did i mention that i wanted new carpets in the interior ;):p

Gismo
6th November 2006, 03:08 AM
Trimmed Boot:-

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/TrimmedBoot.jpg

bpirie1000
6th November 2006, 05:06 PM
Looking Good

Might be something to watch though Good Old classic's are prone to a Water leak from the rear screen and it usually fill the boot and rear Bench with water. Might be worth keeping an Eye on that because it can Ruin a Boot in couple months without Carpet. That Furry matting will hold the Water in like a sponge.

But I am Sure your aware.

Also Glad to see that the Jack an tool kit have been attached to teh Floor ( Mate of mine had his sliding about and it caught fire... DOH!!!!!!!!)

Gismo
6th November 2006, 06:27 PM
Might be something to watch though Good Old classic's are prone to a Water leak from the rear screenCheers Brian, i also believe that condensation builds up in the boot, again destroying linings, so, i will keep an eye on it, though i'm pretty sure the rear screen does not leak at the moment, plus, he'll be stored in a dry heated garage with the boot open to keep some air flow.
I won't be intentionally taking the car out in the rain and as for washing him......:p

euan
6th November 2006, 06:45 PM
Here BS I've not looked in here for a bit and this thing looks SUPERB!!!!

I'm still tempted to buy my Dad's old Cooper off him that's sitting unloved at the moment but as I've got a wedding to pay for it seems unlikely :(

Your car looks brilliant though.

bpirie1000
6th November 2006, 07:59 PM

Might be something to watch though Good Old classic's are prone to a Water leak from the rear screenCheers Brian, i also believe that condensation builds up in the boot, again destroying linings, so, i will keep an eye on it, though i'm pretty sure the rear screen does not leak at the moment, plus, he'll be stored in a dry heated garage with the boot open to keep some air flow.
I won't be intentionally taking the car out in the rain and as for washing him......:p

Well Done Allan Go straight to the Top of the class..

so your Leaving the New Mini Outside then or is it in the living room....

Gismo
6th November 2006, 08:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000Well Done Alan Go straight to the Top of the class..
so your Leaving the New Mini Outside then or is it in the living room....Cheers, the new mini will live on the drive :approve: i reckon the condensation must start due to the washer bottle :evil: i'll have to remember to disconnect the boot light :p

mikeythemini
6th November 2006, 09:41 PM
Boot light?
You think classic Minis have a boot light LOL

Gismo
6th November 2006, 09:47 PM
Boot light?
You think classic Minis have a boot light LOLYou didn't fit one :p what's the switch for then :I the one that looks like an interior light switch ;):D

Wul
6th November 2006, 09:48 PM
It does - it's when the sun shines in the holes in the rear parcel shelf!! :p

ianking
6th November 2006, 10:00 PM
The switch on the boot opening will be for the alarm, thats what its for on mine anyway.

Gismo
6th November 2006, 10:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking
The switch on the boot opening will be for the alarm, thats what its for on mine anywaySsh, i know :I thought i was gonna get away with it 8)

Wul
6th November 2006, 10:11 PM
Only if the battery has enought juice left to beep though!! :p

mikeythemini
6th November 2006, 10:24 PM
I was thinking of fitting a light , but it would spoil the effect of the laser etched panel - so I wired the panel to the boot switch - so you dont need the stereo on to show off the boot ;)

Gismo
6th November 2006, 10:36 PM
I was thinking of fitting a light , but it would spoil the effect of the laser etched panel - so I wired the panel to the boot switch - so you dont need the stereo on to show off the boot ;)Oi, haven't you got work to do ;):p or........is it finished :cool::D

mikeythemini
6th November 2006, 11:04 PM
gIVE US A FREEKIN BREAK - I am having a buttie ;)

MartinSullivan
6th November 2006, 11:07 PM
You better check for crumbs when you get Dougie back Alan ;)

Scottie
6th November 2006, 11:20 PM
Mike's got a nice Tartan Rug that would go with that install.:p;)

Gismo
6th November 2006, 11:59 PM
gIVE US A FREEKIN BREAK - I am having a buttie ;)No need to shout :p i only asked ;)8):I:D

mikeythemini
7th November 2006, 05:04 AM
LOL - thats Ken leaving the caps lock on.
See you Thursday

Gismo
7th November 2006, 06:03 AM
See you Thursday:eek:;)

Gismo
7th November 2006, 06:18 AM
Spare wheel, battery, jack and brace, now you see it:-

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/SpareWheel.jpg

Now you don't:-

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/TotallyTrimmed.jpg

mikeythemini
7th November 2006, 06:20 AM

Looking Good

Might be something to watch though Good Old classic's are prone to a Water leak from the rear screen and it usually fill the boot and rear Bench with water. Might be worth keeping an Eye on that because it can Ruin a Boot in couple months without Carpet. That Furry matting will hold the Water in like a sponge.

But I am Sure your aware.

Also Glad to see that the Jack an tool kit have been attached to teh Floor ( Mate of mine had his sliding about and it caught fire... DOH!!!!!!!!)

Had that problem in one of my classics - the 12" sub in the shelf shook the rear screen loose:D

Happy now I have found the smilies:I

mikeythemini
7th November 2006, 06:22 AM
There's more carpet in there than in my house!

X30YES
7th November 2006, 06:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

You better check for crumbs when you get Dougie back Alan ;)
Will he notice :question::D:D:D

Gismo
7th November 2006, 06:25 AM
There's more carpet in there than in my house!You gotta start paying the bills Mike :p

bpirie1000
7th November 2006, 05:22 PM

There's more carpet in there than in my house!

Look on the Bright side you can drive your car you can't drive your House..

Oh and the posty knows where to deliver the bills at your house.....

Gismo
8th November 2006, 06:43 PM
Well the drive down to get the classic was uneventfull 8) left the house at 04:50 :eek: just driving down the last part leading to Mike's road and i hit a hawk and scooped him into the lower grille :evil:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/Hawk.jpg

Rob, the unseen worker :p came to rescue and pulled the bird out ;) a tasty wee snack for his ferret ;)

So, now i'm there, how the hell do i drive two cars back ;):D fantastic work by Mike to get the car ready for me

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/MikesShop.jpg

Due to a couple of niggly problems i drove to Mini Sport, where they fixed the exhaust and installed new poly bushings, but, they noticed an oil leak coming from the clutch area, so, all in i didn't leave there until 17:50 :evil: can't complain, the mechanic worked over time to finish my car.

Drove all teh way home and then 500 yards from my house the temp gauge went right up, pulled in and discovered no coolant :disapprove:
So lucky to have got almost home, i could have been stranded.
Still to investigate this morning

Scottie
8th November 2006, 07:10 PM
we need more pics.

Gismo
8th November 2006, 07:10 PM
we need more picsOf what :p:D

Scottie
8th November 2006, 07:20 PM
the classic. the engine the boot the head unit the complete install.

So what is the engine upgrade like was it worth it everything you thought it would be.??????

The Dogfather
8th November 2006, 07:39 PM
So what is the engine upgrade like was it worth it everything you thought it would be.??????

Unless you were expecting coolant problems, you might want to wait a while before answering :eek:

ianking
8th November 2006, 07:45 PM
Sounds like a pretty poor job if you paid all that money at mini sport and the car is pis?i%g coolant out. I would be a bit upset if I was you. I would make them pay for a transporter to take your car back down or better still they pay the bill after you take the car to a proper garage.
ICE looks great though. Would love all that kit in my old mini.

Gismo
8th November 2006, 08:05 PM
I didn't think it could get worse, went to investigate the water leak, somewhere down the right side, most likely the water pump :evil:
But, now, the oil pressure light stays on :disapprove:

Fi, to answer your question, was still running it in, up and down the revs all the way home, hence the 6 hour 310 mile drive :eek: but, you could feel there was loads of torque, the Quaife LSD is a bit snatchy, but you'd expect that.

So, not sure what's gonna happen, i've got a phone call to make :evil:

bpirie1000
8th November 2006, 08:38 PM
I have a tin of whip ass here on my desk I was saving..

I'll allow you to open it..........

mikeythemini
8th November 2006, 10:16 PM
GUTTED :(
If its no water & low oil pressure - head gasket at the water pump end??
Have the 2 mixed?

Gismo
8th November 2006, 10:26 PM
If its no water & low oil pressure - head gasket at the water pump end??
Have the 2 mixed?No oil / water mixing, checked the dipstick and the water bottle, waiting for a return phone call to discuss way forward

Got the call, they are gonna pick him up and sort him out :)

bpirie1000
9th November 2006, 12:32 AM
mmmmmmmmm I feel a battle comming on........

Burple
9th November 2006, 12:54 AM
<gathers in a big circle round BD and MS>

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!:blackeye:

;):D:D:D:D:p

Seriously tho, that's shocking service from such a well known international company! :mad: I wuld have thought they'd be able to get an engine install right by now... They HAVE had more than 30 years experience.... apparently...

Gismo
9th November 2006, 01:56 AM
<gathers in a big circle round BD and MS>Who's BD 8):I:p

Craig
9th November 2006, 02:26 AM
Not Great news Allan... :disapprove:

As you say they are coming to pick it up, but it's very dissapointing they didn't get it right the first time.

Hope it turns out OK... <remember and drop in on the way back next time...;)>

Gismo
9th November 2006, 02:33 AM
<remember and drop in on the way back next time...;)I figured you didn't want a shout at 10.45 last night ;)

Craig
9th November 2006, 02:42 AM
was still up.... never a dull moment in my street... :D

probably right though... early start today.. long day tommorrow... :disapprove:

Burple
9th November 2006, 07:57 AM

<gathers in a big circle round BD and MS>Who's BD 8):I:p

Oops.. :I
That's wot I get for trying to cram in a post on my way out the door :D:D

Heather
9th November 2006, 09:44 AM
Have replied to your similar post on the clan site also. I think that any reputation that they may have built up is quickly flowing away. Damn right they should agree to come and pick it up and fix it! Its been a shoddy job from the start Alan and I know these guys are not cheap. Keep at em' and keep us informed.
H

Gismo
9th November 2006, 06:13 PM
Have replied to your similar post on the clan site alsoFeels mad to be posting the same info on two sites :p

Wul
11th November 2006, 02:22 AM
Alan - passed a minisport van and trailer today when I was on the way back from Abz - was that them enroute to you?

john
11th November 2006, 07:37 AM
How did you get into Aberdeen? I thought the gates were guarded better than that!!:D

Wul
11th November 2006, 07:39 AM
:D Well, once Big Col sneaked in the rest of us followed!! :p

Gismo
11th November 2006, 08:00 AM
Alan - passed a minisport van and trailer today when I was on the way back from Abz - was that them enroute to you?Yep, they didn't call me or anything, i was in liverpool picking up the S, luckily Julie nipped home when she would normally be out :evil: happy they picked him up though :approve:

Burple
19th November 2006, 04:43 AM
any updates Alan? :D

Gismo
19th November 2006, 02:58 PM
any updates Alan? :DNope :disapprove:
Will be calling on monday :evil::mad:

Burple
19th November 2006, 05:47 PM

any updates Alan? :DNope :disapprove:
Will be calling on monday :evil::mad:

:eek::eek::blackeye::blackeye:

Give 'em hell!

Gismo
21st November 2006, 01:20 PM
Seems the water pump burst it's internal seals and the oil pump shaft sheared :eek:
They've never known the oil pump to shear

mikeythemini
22nd November 2006, 04:09 AM
Messy - full rebuild??

Gismo
22nd November 2006, 01:45 PM
Messy - full rebuild??As far as i am aware, yes, the engine is completely stripped to check for damage and signs of wear

Burple
22nd November 2006, 07:11 PM
Sounds a bit suspicious that BOTH these things have gone pop!

Sounds like there was something in the engine oil and or water big enough to jam the pump and make the shaft shear!
Same could very well be said for the water pump... something in the water jamming the pump to the extent that any seals *could* pop..

Did they build the engine up from new? If it's one they've worked on, it's a real possibility that there could have been debris from engine / head machining or a dropped screw / bolt down any one of the many oil / water ways in the block or head..

:blackeye::blackeye::eek::dead::mad:

Gismo
22nd November 2006, 09:48 PM
Did they build the engine up from new? Yes, brand new, built from scratch :)

mikeythemini
6th December 2006, 09:55 PM
When's Dougie coming back??

Wul
6th December 2006, 10:54 PM
Good question Mikey - we want to see the finished product! :cool:

zimbo
6th December 2006, 11:15 PM

Good question Mikey - we want to see the finished product! :cool:

I would like a ride in the finished product :D:p

Gismo
7th December 2006, 12:53 AM
When's Dougie coming back??I don't know :mad: i'd even arranged an oil cooler from minispeed to help with the cooling cause they don't have one, hmm, a phone call required methinks :evil:

Gismo
7th December 2006, 06:36 PM
Engine rebuilt, just waiting on a new high performance water pump :)
Edit:- Confirmation from minispeed the oil cooler was shipped out a few days ago :approve: frther news, the oil cooler arrived and is being fitted as we speak :)

Craig
10th December 2006, 02:26 AM
do you think you'll have him back for the 29th ? ?:D

Gismo
10th December 2006, 03:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude
do you think you'll have him back for the 29th ? ?:DFingers crossed, if he's ready then i'll have to decide how to go get him, they did hint at delivery :p
If he's home, he'll be doing the run :approve:

Burple
11th December 2006, 12:27 AM

do you think you'll have him back for the 29th ? ?:DFingers crossed, if he's ready then i'll have to decide how to go get him, they did hint at delivery :p
If he's home, he'll be doing the run :approve:

I would blummin well hope so for all the inconvenience ;):D

Gismo
16th December 2006, 08:24 PM
Well, his wee heart is back in and beating soundly, they agreed to fit an oil pressure gauge by replacing the time clock on the dash and plumb it all in, that's happening now, also, so i can tell what the time is they are installing a digital clock that replaces the top dash ashtray :approve:
Just waiting on the final offer of delivery so i don't have to go and get him, fingers crossed he'll be on crombers run :p:D
But, if he's not, i aint gonna lose any sleep or get grumpy like they big mini jessies waiting on their new S's ;):p:I

Gismo
23rd December 2006, 02:00 AM
Got an e-mail to say wee dougie is complete :D but, i replied immediately to find out when i can expect delivery or whatever and i get an automated reply saying that they are now closed for xmas and new year :evil:
The showroom is open 27th and 28th but the shop is closed until the 2nd Jan
Anyone going that way :p

duncan
23rd December 2006, 04:28 AM
Anyone going that way :p

See if anyone is still stuck at an airport, and offer it as competitive one way car hire! :eek:;)

Scottie
23rd December 2006, 06:17 AM
if it was me I would collecting her just to make sure they have done all the work and what's more it has been done right.

I wouldn't trust minisport.

Gismo
23rd December 2006, 07:15 AM
if it was me I would collecting him just to make sure they have done all the work and what's more it has been done right.
I wouldn't trust minisport.I'd like to go, but, the train service is dreadful to get there and this is possibly the worst time of year to go and then drive a classic up the road.
I'm gonna try calling tomorrow, someone might just be in to say whether i can actually pick the car up on wednesday.
Anyone going near Burnley :p

Gismo
23rd December 2006, 06:51 PM
Called today, i can pick the wee fella up on wednesday or thursday next week :p
So, does anyone know of anyone travelling down to Burnley that i could hitch a lift from :p or, does anyone fancy a drive down to mini sport ;) i'll pay for the petrol and lunch :)

Craig
23rd December 2006, 06:53 PM

Called today, i can pick the wee fella up on wednesday or thursday next week :p
So, does anyone know of anyone travelling down to Burnley that i could hitch a lift from :p or, does anyone fancy a drive down to mini sport ;) i'll pay for the petrol and lunch :)

I would love'd to have helped you out Alan, but I'm having to work wed thurs next week...

Good news your getting him back tho..:D

Gismo
26th December 2006, 06:50 PM
Good news your getting him back tho..:DI'm gonna take the chance and go get him on wednesday, just hope the weather aint too bad :p

bpirie1000
27th December 2006, 10:39 PM
Allan Standing at the Side of the Dual carriage way Thumb out.. showing a bit of leg...

Geeza a lift..........

PLLLLLLLEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE

Craig
27th December 2006, 11:05 PM
wonder if he is on his way back yet ? ?;)

Gismo
28th December 2006, 03:44 AM
wonder if he is on his way back yet ? ?;)He's home, made it all the way :approve: apart from the mandatory oil leak he's awesome :p

Craig
28th December 2006, 03:46 AM
well done... :approve::approve:

are you still bringing him on Friday ? ?:D

Gismo
28th December 2006, 04:08 AM
are you still bringing him on Friday ? ?:DDepends on the outcome of the oil leak investigation

Craig
28th December 2006, 04:11 AM

are you still bringing him on Friday ? ?:DDepends on the outcome of the oil leak investigation

ah, thought you were joking....:eek:

check it's not coming from the gearbox input shaft - that's a common one... (only drips rather than gushes..)

mikeythemini
28th December 2006, 06:04 AM
Pleased he is back mate

Gismo
28th December 2006, 06:35 PM
check it's not coming from the gearbox input shaft - that's a common one... (only drips rather than gushes..)Nope, it's from the drivers side clutch area, same as the last time, thing was, i was convinced the clutch was slipping too :disapprove: loads of revs and going nowhere, but, no gear crunching, so, we'll see once he goes into the local garage

Gismo
28th December 2006, 06:36 PM
Pleased he is back mateCheers Mike, need to phone you this morning :I

bpirie1000
28th December 2006, 08:16 PM
The saga continues.......

Minis rock.. Even my old 1961 doesn't leak......

Tisk tisk Mini sport........But give tehm their due My 850 1961 isn't built for speed......

Gismo
29th December 2006, 01:42 AM
Now in a local garage, i'm beginning to wish i'd never bothered :disapprove:

mikeythemini
29th December 2006, 05:09 AM
Sounds like main crank shaft oil seal. That is behind the flywheel clutch and would answer both problems

bpirie1000
29th December 2006, 05:17 PM
yip have to agree...

In mini sports defence it is a bad seal to do properly... But you would think 2nd attempt they would get it right......

Even they have difficulty... tisk tisk...

Rover special tool "wrh;g'G;HG;KAJGLKSDFHGKJSHFDGLH445-2" ONLY COSTS £345,356,565,213,550.99 ( NO WONDER THEY WENT BUST.)
mOaN oVeR.....

Gismo
29th December 2006, 06:55 PM
Sounds like main crank shaft oil seal. That is behind the flywheel clutch and would answer both problemsYep, exactly what i'm thinking, should know today.
Brian, this is the 3rd time it's leaked from the same spot :disapprove:

bpirie1000
29th December 2006, 08:09 PM
did they have the Crank re Ground?????

Might be Slightly Oval...............

Possible ..... Unlikely But Possible.......

3rd time Lucky I suppose........

mikeythemini
4th January 2007, 03:10 AM
Any news??

Gismo
4th January 2007, 05:08 AM
Any news??My local garage is closed until tomorrow, i'll find out more then :p
One thing, the oil level was at least a 1/4" above the full mark on the dipstick :evil: and that was after getting him home and having lost how much oil :eek::disapprove:

bpirie1000
4th January 2007, 07:24 PM
Oh Dear..
you were good enough not to loose the Rag when they made an arse of it the first time and now they still can't get it sorted.

Not looking good is it..

Think a mention of "TRADING STANDARDS" would be a good move..........

or the word "BIG COMPENSATION"

Wul
4th January 2007, 08:13 PM
Hmm - ever get the feeling they did sod all to sort the leak and tried the old - overfill the oil trick and hope he doesnae notice!!??

Gismo
5th January 2007, 02:49 AM
I got an e-mail from mini sport wanting me to advise them what i wanted them to do :eek::disapprove:
I replied requesting that they can send a guy up here to sort the problem with full access to a garage and ramps etc, so far, no response :evil:

Gismo
2nd February 2007, 03:08 AM
Latest update:-
Wee Dougie was picked up and taken to a garage in Banchory, name unknown, but have the full approval of mini sport who will honour the warranty once repaired :approve:

A primary gear has been sent to the garage, turns out mine was a bit worn, ooooerr :p

This surely needs the engine removed :question: can anyone confirm this :I

Expecetd to be completed by the end of this week :approve:

mikeythemini
2nd February 2007, 07:33 AM
Yes engine out for any gearbox work on a classic - I was forever taking them out on my classics for the yearly gearbox blowups :(

Gismo
2nd February 2007, 07:36 AM
Yes engine out for any gearbox work on a classicThis engine has been out more times than you've had the interiors out of my Mini's :p
Ah well, fingers crossed they'll remember to seal the bulkhead :evil:

bpirie1000
2nd February 2007, 06:31 PM

Latest update:-
Wee Dougie was picked up and taken to a garage in Banchory, name unknown, but have the full approval of mini sport who will honour the warranty once repaired :approve:

A primary gear has been sent to the garage, turns out mine was a bit worn, ooooerr :p

This surely needs the engine removed :question: can anyone confirm this :I

Expecetd to be completed by the end of this week :approve:

a bit worn..... that wou;dn't cause the engine to leak oil though... that is due to a seal.... and Poor BUILD..........I would be going mental now. that is Last year it went for the engine re-Build.

Burple
2nd February 2007, 06:44 PM
quote:

a bit worn..... that wou;dn't cause the engine to leak oil though... that is due to a seal.... and Poor BUILD..........I would be going mental now. that is Last year it went for the engine re-Build.

Mental is not the word Brizee. that's disgusting customer service!
These guys are supposed to be one of the Top Mini experts in the country, but they can't build an engine without it leaking?
Can you imagine Menzies or another MINI dealer acting like this?
(actually, don't answer that! ;))

Alan, did you have the gearbox replaced along with the Engine? If not, surely it would be professional of Minisport to check he condition of your 'box before chucking in an engine with loads more power than the standard one?

And you know that if you lived in the next village ofer from them that it'd be sorted by now! :evil::evil:
Hope you get things sorted soon, can't wait to see the wee fella all better!

Gismo
2nd February 2007, 11:45 PM
Alan, did you have the gearbox replaced along with the Engine? If not, surely it would be professional of Minisport to check the condition of your 'box before chucking in an engine with loads more power than the standard one?The gear box was completely overhauled at my request (and cost) for the exact reason you mention, they claim the 97 box is more than capable of taking the extra torque and i must admit the box has always felt firm.
I never intended to drive the car much over the winter due to the weather eating at his panels :p so, as much as it seems to be taking forever 8) i'm happy enough.
Don't get me wrong, it's taking too long, but, i'm kinda hoping that all the little extra bits will be done at their cost, ie, waxoil, fitting rear seat covers, new petrol tank sender etc etc

bpirie1000
3rd February 2007, 12:43 AM
and it is saving on storage.... hee hee

you sure your Not an Aberdonian Allan?

Gismo
3rd February 2007, 12:48 AM
Zoooooom taught me everything i know :p

Burple
3rd February 2007, 01:10 AM

Zoooooom taught me everything i know :p

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I don;'t think I could handle the wait! I'm bad enough cos I can't wait to get the winter wheels off my car!! :D:D

Gismo
3rd February 2007, 01:35 AM
I don;'t think I could handle the wait!It helps when i'm away for a month at a time, i can't use the car anyway ;) plus, me julie don't want to drive it :p

john
3rd February 2007, 03:15 AM
:blackeye::blackeye:

Gismo
3rd February 2007, 03:38 AM
:blackeye::blackeye::p;):I

Gismo
14th February 2007, 06:12 PM
Latest is he's finished........again :p just waiting on word when they are gonna deliver him back to me :approve:

bpirie1000
14th February 2007, 08:32 PM
12th September was teh original Post. and tehre were some problems before this....

so you'll get him back for Christmas.But what year........

This is Terrible service from mini sport........

Burple
14th February 2007, 08:35 PM

Latest is he's finished........again :p just waiting on word when they are gonna deliver him back to me :approve:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_7.gif :D:D:D:D

Gismo
14th February 2007, 09:50 PM
12th September was teh original Post. and tehre were some problems before this....
so you'll get him back for Christmas.But what year........
This is Terrible service from mini sport........I hear what your saying Brizee mate, but, as bad as it all seems, Mini Sport have picked the car up once, arranged for the second pick up, are paying for the other garages time etc.
I won't say i'm not entirely unhappy cause of the time it's taken, but, i hadn't intended using him through the winter anyway, so, i'm not that fussed really, but, it would have been better to have the choice

Gismo
17th February 2007, 12:54 AM
Wee Dougie is to be delivered on Monday 19th, might just be able to attend my first clan run on teh following Sunday :p

Craig
17th February 2007, 04:09 AM
Great News...:approve::approve::approve::approve::approv e:

Gismo
19th February 2007, 06:40 PM
Spoke to the guy fixing wee dougie and he sayd he hasn't been able to cure the stalling problem totally :disapprove:
So, Martin, if you're reading this check him out when you're driving him back tonight ;)

Gismo
20th February 2007, 10:43 PM
He's home and no oil leak :approve: but he stalls at every junction, the nightmare continues.
Anyone wanna buy a classic mini :disapprove: right now he's for sale, only problem is he keeps cutting out, if you start him up and don't move he'll idle all day, drive off and slow down to stop and he cuts out :evil:

Burple
20th February 2007, 11:00 PM

He's home and no oil leak :approve: but he stalls at every junction, the nightmare continues.
Anyone wanna buy a classic mini :disapprove: right now he's for sale, only problem is he keeps cutting out, if you start him up and don't move he'll idle all day, drive off and slow down to stop and he cuts out :evil:

Sounds like the fuelling is a wee bit suspect..
I remember reading something about tis a while back, buggered if I can remeber where tho, or how it was sorted. That may even have only been on Carb minis with Vacuum advance.. :(

Too much air on slowing down, not enough fuel? could the something round the injectors be leaking?

Gismo
20th February 2007, 11:16 PM
I suspect the fuelling too, a power boost valve has been fitted, supposed to keep a contsant supply of fuel to the injectors, can't hear any leaks

MartinSullivan
20th February 2007, 11:27 PM
not sure if this helps but... (http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.autos.mini/browse_thread/thread/57bfa507268e3522/c71e63457d96f39%23c71e63457d96f39) how much you looking for to buy him off you :D

Gismo
20th February 2007, 11:33 PM
Cheers Martin :cool: approx £8k and he's yours ;)

MartinSullivan
20th February 2007, 11:46 PM
Is there a diagnostic port ??? On my P reg there was, you might get something out of it if you can find someone to hook up to it. Johns mate at Newmachar has a fancy diagnostic machine that might well have the mini codes in it.

KKKKKKKK

Gismo
20th February 2007, 11:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan
KKKKKKKKNice try, not sure if there is a port or not

MartinSullivan
21st February 2007, 12:04 AM
its different to the modern ones, it was in the engine bay, and was on a loose wire with a rubber bung on the end of it, was more a socket, maybe slightly bigger than a lighter socket. Might be worth a shot.

ianking
21st February 2007, 12:20 AM
I think it hangs down near to the horn on a car of that year.

Craig
21st February 2007, 01:36 AM
he ran fine when I handed him over...:p

sorry to hear your still having problems Alan... never did hear good things about minisport tho..:disapprove:

hope your luck gets better..:D

Gismo
21st February 2007, 01:38 AM
Booked into Mini Master in Penrith on Monday, last throw of the dice

Scottie
21st February 2007, 04:45 AM
yes well remember how minisport cost me 5k of damage to my zeemax mini. Crap company now they are just young lads that work in the workshop who don't know their @rse from their elbow. IMHO.

broken_brian
21st February 2007, 05:38 AM
Sounds like the idle control valve sticking or it might not have been set up when they remaped it for the increases capacity, or did they just plug in a piggy back module to trick the rover ecu to give the car more fuel?

Gismo
21st February 2007, 05:46 AM
A faulty throttle potentiometer has been mentioned, whatever that is :p

bpirie1000
21st February 2007, 07:22 PM

A faulty throttle potentiometer has been mentioned, whatever that is :p

you mean your Not up with the Jargon yet Allan.. that is Known In Mechanic circles as a

" THINGY'me'BOTHER..."

euan
21st February 2007, 07:38 PM
And there was me thinking old mini's were supposed to be easy to work on!

Burple
21st February 2007, 08:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

And there was me thinking old mini's were supposed to be easy to work on!

Aye... not the fuel injected monsters tho! ;);):D:D

mikeythemini
27th February 2007, 10:03 PM
Alan's on his way home - without Dougie:eek:
But he does have a new boyfriend now:kiss::pYou did sound a bit high pitched on the phone this morning - what did John do to you:question:

Craig
27th February 2007, 10:07 PM
what's going on now... MiniMaster needing more time to fix ? ?

Gismo
28th February 2007, 12:21 AM
Alan's on his way home - without Dougie:eek:
But he does have a new boyfriend now:kiss::pYou did sound a bit high pitched on the phone this morning - what did John do to you:question:Oi you :evil: yep, left wee dougie at Mini Master in Penrith, they couldn't believe how bad the car was overall, generally running like a pig in a poke, they cured the stalling, turned out it was a split seal on one of the injectors.
So, he's staying down there for a new camshaft and some other bits and bobs.
Cheers Mike for "fixing" my wee problems :I

Burple
28th February 2007, 08:16 AM
quote:
Cheers Mike for "fixing" my wee problems :I

Shouldn't you go to a doctor for that kinda thing?? :I:p:p:D

Gismo
28th February 2007, 06:12 PM
Shouldn't you go to a doctor for that kinda thing?? :I:p:p:D
Mike is the hi-fi Doctor :approve:

Gismo
30th March 2007, 11:57 PM
Wee Dougie's heart is lying on the work bench, massive internal damage, crank shaft scored.
Not saying anymore as this will likely end up with threats of legal action :disapprove:
Awaiting an engineers full report

Burple
31st March 2007, 12:06 AM
Blimey...

Hope you get him sorted for the summer, and things like the Thistle run or Arbroath! :mad:

Craig
31st March 2007, 12:51 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

blooming eck. :disapprove::disapprove:

best of luck getting it sorted Alan..

Gismo
31st March 2007, 12:54 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
blooming eck. :disapprove::disapprove:

I'd hoped for a quick fix, but, the guys couldn't understand why it wouldn't tick over etc, so, they finally stripped the engine down :eek:
It still had standard valves and guides in the cylinder head :disapprove:

Craig
31st March 2007, 01:00 AM
I saying nothing.... :disapprove:

disappointing from the company you got the work done by.. :(

Burple
7th April 2007, 01:34 AM

I'd hoped for a quick fix, but, the guys couldn't understand why it wouldn't tick over etc, so, they finally stripped the engine down :eek:
It still had standard valves and guides in the cylinder head :disapprove:

Oh oh.. DEfinitely sounds like a nice letter from the solicitor time! :mad::disapprove::blackeye:

That's a disgrace!

Gismo
7th April 2007, 01:47 AM
They explained to me that they keep standard valve guides in to reduce oil leakage past the stems :evil:

bpirie1000
7th April 2007, 02:26 AM
mmmmmmmmmm

something around here smells Like a Kipper.....................

mikeythemini
8th April 2007, 08:28 PM
Gutted for you mate :(

Burple
9th April 2007, 05:58 PM

They explained to me that they keep standard valve guides in to reduce oil leakage past the stems :evil:

Hmmm.. sounds a bit iffy to me!
If this was one of their high spec/power heads, don't they still replace the valves with bigger ones? That's practically one of the ten commandments of Mini Tuning! :mad:

So if they haven't replaces the valves.. what ELSE haven't they done?
Make sure the engineer reports what's been done to the engine to compare with what MS SAY has been done :blackeye:...

Gismo
9th April 2007, 06:10 PM
If this was one of their high spec/power heads, don't they still replace the valves with bigger ones? That's practically one of the ten commandments of Mini Tuning! :mad:I'm not gonna say too much, yet, but, i'd expect the valves to have been changed, the engineers report will reveal all ;)
Sheesh, just noticed it was the 12th September 2006 this all started :disapprove:

bpirie1000
9th April 2007, 07:21 PM
So I take it everyone should use mini sport for engine conversions......

Oh Alittle salt in the wounds I like stiring it up....

Poor Dougie.......

Now is he comming or going.. or still not decided. Shame Real beauty of a car. But at least saves you on Road tax......

Gismo
9th April 2007, 07:31 PM
Now is he comming or going.. or still not decided. Shame Real beauty of a car. But at least saves you on Road tax......Currently he's at Minimaster in Penrith, he is fully taxed, must be due end of September

Burple
11th May 2007, 11:12 AM
any update of Poor Wee Dougie's struggle for life?
:D

Gismo
11th May 2007, 11:14 AM
any update of Poor Wee Dougie's struggle for life? :D
Still undergoing his revival, however, i have had several conversations with the technical engineer regarding his old heart :rolleyes:

Burple
11th May 2007, 11:28 AM
Oh boy... :rolleyes:
I've only ever heard good things about Minimaster in Penrith tho, not one of the big high profile places, I'm sure they had a stall at the Scottish Mini weekend a couple of times.. :)

Gismo
11th May 2007, 11:46 AM
Oh boy... :rolleyes:
I've only ever heard good things about Minimaster in Penrith
They are very down to earth guys who explained everything they could and couldn't do for me.
The decisions we made should ensure Dougie has a very healthy heart with bags of torque and acceleration.
By bringing in a quality company like Swiftune to modify the cylinder head and using the latest ecu techniques that are a must for tuning Mpi engines should ensure a happy outcome :)

Burple
11th May 2007, 12:00 PM
Mmmmmm... swiftune...... <drools a little bit> :cool::cool::D

Gismo
11th May 2007, 12:08 PM
Sadly though, once the dust has settled and i know he's running right i'll probably put him up for sale :eek:
This has been a very long road for me now and one i don't want to do again :(
Though, once i'm back in the seat again i might just change my mind ;)

Burple
11th May 2007, 02:01 PM
Sadly though, once the dust has settled and i know he's running right i'll probably put him up for sale
This has been a very long road for me now and one i don't want to do again
Though, once i'm back in the seat again i might just change my mind

Don't be too hasty.. wait until you've run him in properly, and given him a good thrashing on a proper road.. you might not be too keen to let go! :cool::cool::D

mikeythemini
13th June 2007, 11:17 PM
Paid Dougie a visit on Saturday - looking very lonely:(
They were telling me some of the things they found:mad:

Gismo
14th June 2007, 09:12 AM
Paid Dougie a visit on Saturday - looking very lonely:(
They were telling me some of the things they found:mad:
I need to phone them this week, am wondering if Swiftune have managed to get their test MPi engine to work yet so that mine can be reborn :rolleyes:

Craig
9th July 2007, 09:52 AM
any update on the wee boy yet? is his heart beating again ?:D

Gismo
9th July 2007, 10:28 AM
Ah well, still waiting for Swiftune and another software company to come up with the correct mapping to allow a 1380cc Mpi engine to work properly.
Those companies are extremely busy, i could have had a simple upgrade done, but, you know me, so, i'm prepared to wait until something is available.
The minisport bits should have been sent back by now, so, will wait to hear from them in due course

AeroJonny
18th July 2007, 11:30 PM
any news on the wee fella?

john
19th July 2007, 06:36 PM
any news on the wee fella?

The news is he is still at the orphanage looking sad and unloved.:D

Gismo
20th July 2007, 05:26 AM
The news is he is still at the orphanage looking sad and unloved.:D
He is certainly loved :p will be phoning today cause i'm due home next week, John, you fancy a wee trip to Penrith :rolleyes: :D

Big Gordy
20th July 2007, 08:11 AM
John, you fancy a wee trip to Penrith :rolleyes: :D

We could relay you down Alan with a member from each area passing you down to Penrith:D You could be the 'batton':p ;) :cool:

john
20th July 2007, 09:59 AM
We could relay you down Alan with a member from each area passing you down to Penrith:D You could be the 'batton':p ;) :cool:

:D Funny shaped Batton!!:D

Big Gordy
20th July 2007, 11:13 AM

More the shape of a battonburg cake I think:D

bpirie1000
20th July 2007, 02:10 PM

mmmmmmmmmm cake..............

Scottie
21st July 2007, 08:57 AM

what the pink squares:D

Gismo
22nd July 2007, 05:59 AM
:p ha ha, very funny, i forgot to phone Mini Master to find out if his wee heart is pumping again :rolleyes:

john
22nd July 2007, 09:53 AM
:p ha ha, very funny, i forgot to phone Mini Master to find out if his wee heart is pumping again :rolleyes:

You what????

you Forgot??

I rest my case!!:D

Gismo
30th July 2007, 10:09 AM
Ok, update for Wee Dougie, sadly the developers have thus far been unable to get a suitable engine map etc for the Mpi engines, so, Dougie is getting changed over to a twin carb set up.
Using a Metro engine he will be set to 1380cc, with hi lift rockers, uprated cam, sensible diff settings and a twin carb set up :)
I must stress that even although he has been down at Mini Master for a fair amount of time, we have been waiting for the developers to finalise the maps and fuelling problems, we both agreed that they have had long enough and that we can proceed with the alternative option which will hopefully get him back on the road before i return to Baku

Craig
30th July 2007, 03:25 PM
Just a wee reminder Alan, that's been a year since you too the wee boy off my hands... bet you can't wait to get your hands on him again...

Best of luck with it, but I would never have went to you know where ;) :D

When will he be on a run then ? :D :D

Gismo
30th July 2007, 04:04 PM
When will he be on a run then ? :D :D
I'm hopeful i'll have him back this time home, not sure if there are any runs to try him out on :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
30th July 2007, 04:06 PM
I'm hopeful i'll have him back this time home, not sure if there are any runs to try him out on :rolleyes:

I've heard This run (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=10885) is a good one.;) ;) ;)

A.:D

Gismo
30th July 2007, 04:07 PM
I've heard This run (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=10885) is a good one.;) ;) ;)

A.:D
Sadly i return to Bakuu on the 20th August

Gismo
15th August 2007, 04:53 PM
Ok, the latest quotes have been advised and accepted, a metro engine will be used to get to 1380cc.
Based on Swiftunes expertise the MPi engine will be replaced with a twin carb set up, obviously eliminating the MPi system altogether.
To allow this an engineers report is required to allow the car to pass MOT's on the emissions, which, according to Mini Master is no problem.

So, sadly another month slips by and no Dougie to run about in, just as well i have me bikes :)

Burple
15th August 2007, 05:10 PM
<cof>
http://www.jonspeed4minis.co.uk/shop/index.asp
</cof>

;);););):D:D:D:D:p

Gismo
15th September 2007, 11:57 AM
Hey Ewan, missed that :eek: very nice and maybe next year :rolleyes:

Anyway's, Wee Dougie's heart is all built up, fully balanced bottom end including the flywheel, modified cylinder head, Swiftune cam and roller rockers, new LCB exhaust to suit the Metro engine, lightend flywheel and uprated turbo clutch, twin 1-1/2" HF44's :cool:

The gear box is getting overhauled today, the body shop is preparing the engine bay to make it look like it should be after an engine install.
I may nip down on the motorbike just to have a looky before i can hopefully pick him up on the 21st September :)

The windscreen is getting removed to fix the leaky seal

zimbo
17th September 2007, 09:31 PM
....i can hopefully pick him up on the 21st September :)

Woohoooooo..... :D I've got my fingers crossed.

Craig
17th September 2007, 09:49 PM
Hope it all works out Alan, will be good to see the wee boy back on the road after a good few months "in rehab". :D

Scottie
17th September 2007, 10:18 PM
Hope it all works out Alan, will be good to see the wee boy back on the road after a good few months "in rehab". :D

rehab more like under the knife a plastic surgeons knife.:p :p

euan
17th September 2007, 10:46 PM
rehab more like under the knife a plastic surgeons knife.:p :p

To repair the first one's bodged job....

Gismo
2nd November 2007, 09:42 AM
A wee update, i believe the wee man's got his new heart in, just to sort out the wiring loom cause it's now a carbie and not an Mpi.

One sad bit though, when they removed the windscreen to repair the leaky seal it was noticd that there was a hole in the scuttle panel which they fixed

bpirie1000
2nd November 2007, 12:19 PM
bottomless pit for cash..

and you haven't driven it since. well is it a Mark 1??? taken ages hope it is all worth it..