PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling "My Subscriptions"

AndyP & Lenore
12th September 2006, 04:42 AM
Yo mods/admin....

I have a habit of clicking the "Subscribe to this thread" button when I'm posting, or if something catches my attention. But now I have a bout 13,000,000,000 subscribed topics:eek:. We're going on holiday and I don't really want emails coming in for threads that I'm no longer bothered about being subscribed to. So is there any quick way for you to cancel all my subscriptions at once? Or do I need to do them individually?

A.:I:D

Gismo
12th September 2006, 04:56 AM
Go into your profile, look at the last entry on the right hand side, mentions about checking the signature, make sure it says yes in the drop down menu, see if that's ok

AndyP & Lenore
12th September 2006, 05:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Go into your profile, look at the last entry on the right hand side, mentions about checking the signature, make sure it says yes in the drop down menu, see if that's ok

Eh? I think we're on different frequencies Allan.:eek::(

Wasn't saying anything about signatures. It's the subscriptions I'm on about. I often click the "subscribe" button and as such I now have thousands of subscriptions. I'm just looking for a lazy/quick way of deleting all those subscriptions.:clown::I

A.:D

Gismo
12th September 2006, 05:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore
Eh? I think we're on different frequencies Allan.:eek::(Oops :I meant to say subscriptions, same thing applies, but it's a subscription drop down box, did you even look 8)

AndyP & Lenore
12th September 2006, 05:35 AM

Eh? I think we're on different frequencies Allan.:eek::(Oops :I meant to say subscriptions, same thing applies, but it's a subscription drop down box, did you even look 8)

Erm...:I <shuffles feet>:I.... did look. Tried very hard to see what your describing. I see two drop down boxes; One is "View signatures in posts", my choice is "No". The other is "Signature checkbox ticked by default", my choice is "yes". But this is just to automatically add your own signature to each post. Nothing to do with subscriptions......... Isn't it?:I

And it's not future subscriptions I'm bothered about. It's getting rid of the old ones.;)

Sweeney
12th September 2006, 05:39 AM
Ok i'll let you know how now... You'll need to go to each thread at the first post, top right above it where you would click subscribe to this thread, it is now named unsubscribe from this thread, click that :p have fun trailing through all the threads :D

Gismo
12th September 2006, 05:43 AM
Erm...:I <shuffles feet>:I.... did lookOMG :I no more vino for me, read your post properly now, my mistake, i was right but i was wrong, got a bit confused, i'm afraid sweeney is right, but, try this, reply to this post and untick the subscription box, it may default to all your subscriptions, might not work but better than having to change them all :p

Sweeney
12th September 2006, 05:45 AM
sssshhhh! dont make it easy for him alan! :(

AndyP & Lenore
12th September 2006, 05:48 AM

Erm...:I <shuffles feet>:I.... did lookOMG :I no more vino for me, read your post properly now, my mistake, i was right but i was wrong, got a bit confused, i'm afraid sweeney is right, but, try this, reply to this post and untick the subscription box, it may default to all your subscriptions, might not work but better than having to change them all :p

lol. And.... phew! Starting to worry I was going nukking futs. Really glad to see it wasn't me.:eek::D

However, I deliberatly haven't subscribed to this topic.:eek: But I will now and then I'll unsubscribe. But if that works for them all, I'll eat my left shoe on your manky thrash run.:p:eek:;):D Deal?

AndyP & Lenore
12th September 2006, 05:50 AM
Well..... here goe's.

I've clicked the "Click here to unsubscribe from this topic" button.

A.;)

Gismo
12th September 2006, 05:51 AM
However, I deliberatly haven't subscribed to this topic.:eek: But I will now and then I'll unsubscribe. But if that works for them all, I'll eat my left shoe on your manky thrash run.:p:eek:;):D Deal?Oh go on then, since i don't have to anything if i'm wrong........again :p

Gismo
12th September 2006, 05:52 AM
Well..... here goe's.
I've clicked the "Click here to unsubscribe from this topic" button.;)So i guess i need to go and post on another of your subscribed threads ;) see if it works :cool: do you like sauce with your shoes :D

Sweeney
12th September 2006, 05:52 AM
YOUR WELCOME ANDY! :p

Eat that bit of humble pie (or shoe) and thank me for being right about something and helping you! :D lol

AndyP & Lenore
12th September 2006, 05:54 AM
WTF?!?!?!?!?!?:eek::eek::eek:

I detect foul play here!:eek::eek:

All my subscriptions have gone.:approve:

I don't fekking believe this. I mean, I'm real glad they've gone, but WTF? I don't see how unsubscribing from one thread has unsubscribed from all of them.:eek::eek::eek:

Just told Lenore I'm gonna have to eat my left shoe. Her reply: "Serves you right for being a smug bas***d":eek::D

A.:D

Gismo
12th September 2006, 05:56 AM
Just told Lenore I'm gonna have to eat my left shoe. Her reply: "Serves you right for being a smug bas***d":eek::D
A.:D:D as i said, what kind of sauce do you want with your shoes, i could also bring salt and pepper :p i'll bring a throw away barbie too, it'll help kill the flies :p:D:clown:

AndyP & Lenore
12th September 2006, 06:03 AM
Well. What do you know.:eek:

Unsubscribe from ONE topic and it unsubscribes you from ALL your previously subscribed topics.

Just tried it again and it worked.

No foul play.

Well. I guess I'll be doing some of this on your run Allan.:eek::eek:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/img/328/328493e772e795e3f09accc0a840fe2f_l.jpg

Gismo
12th September 2006, 06:07 AM
Well. What do you know.:eek:
Unsubscribe from ONE topic and it unsubscribes you from ALL your previously subscribed topics.
Just tried it again and it worked.
No foul play.
Well. I guess I'll be doing some of this on your run AllanI'll go and tidy up poor Jason's thread now then 8) oh and one other thing :evil: there's only one L in my name :p:mad::D

AndyP & Lenore
12th September 2006, 06:10 AM

oh and one other thing :evil: there's only one L in my name :p:mad::D

:I:I:ISorry Alan. Never even noticed. And I don't even have a spare one in my name I could give you a loan of.;)

Neil and Lorna
14th September 2006, 04:16 AM
I haven't subscribed to a topic since 20Qs joined.
Email inbox was getting overloaded on a daily basis.:eek::eek:;);)

Neil.:D:D:D

Sweeney
14th September 2006, 04:18 AM
:mad:

:D