PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Cooper or Cooper S - Now sorted!

The Dogfather
10th September 2006, 09:45 PM
Long story but looks like we'll be needing two cars so my plan for an Alfa is buggered.

However that means I'm now looking for either a Cooper, One D 88bhp or Cooper S, must have less than 30k, be unmodified bar normal MINI extras and an extra bonus if you have recaros/JCW seats. Colours I'll consider are P/W, BEP, Red, Hyper Blue, Yellow, Black or DS.

Budget is up to 12k depending on the car PM me with spec and your best price. I'll match trade in prices allowing you to negotiate a discount if the price is just above book price.

Gismo
10th September 2006, 10:35 PM
You just missed mine, unless you can come up with £12,750 in the next day or so, huge spec with 14,500 miles

john
11th September 2006, 07:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon
Long story but looks like we'll be needing two cars so my plan for an Alfa will have to wait till next year.

However that means I'm now looking for either a Cooper, One D 88bhp or Cooper S, must have less than 30k, be unmodified bar normal MINI extras and an extra bonus if you have recaros/JCW seats. Colours I'll consider are P/W, BEP, Red, Hyper Blue, Yellow, Black or DS.

Budget is flexible depending on the car PM me with spec and your best price. I'll match trade in prices allowing you to negotiate a discount if the price is just above book price.

You must be the only person that posts when an idea comes into your head,long long before you have thought it threw:D

You ask for everyones opinion on all your ideas and then go do something completely different:clown:

X30YES
11th September 2006, 08:40 AM
Make up your mind man , do you want a mini or not :p...and what will you be after next week :question:...(you can have a DS JCWS ,5000 miles ,JCW leather seats etc if you like :p) !!

sleepyrascal
11th September 2006, 04:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Make up your mind man , do you want a mini or not :p...and what will you be after next week :question:...(you can have a DS JCWS ,5000 miles ,JCW leather seats etc if you like :p) !!

Have you ever considered a helicopter or perhaps your own steam train?

john
11th September 2006, 05:05 PM
Get a GP,plenty room for your dog and the Gas Bottle:D

Scottie
11th September 2006, 05:48 PM
what about my parklane better seats you will not get it has the jcw sound kit and upgraded ice done by mikethemini. if interested post on here as I am on me hols

Gismo
11th September 2006, 06:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
what about my parklane better seats you will not get it has the jcw sound kit and upgraded ice done by mikethemini. if interested post on here as I am on me hols:eek: Get the order book out ;) I reckon a new S on the way :cool:8)

Scottie
11th September 2006, 06:25 PM
nope new cooper

X30YES
11th September 2006, 10:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by john

Get a GP,plenty room for your dog and the Gas Bottle:D
:D:D

john
12th September 2006, 02:57 AM

what about my parklane better seats you will not get it has the jcw sound kit and upgraded ice done by mikethemini. if interested post on here as I am on me hols

So much for 'I am not selling the Parklane':I

The Dogfather
12th September 2006, 06:03 AM
I've got to wait until the middle of next week before I can buy owt, otherwise I'd have been interested in your Cooper, Alan.

I doubt I could afford the PL, Fi as I'm only looking to spend 12k max at the moment. The plan is for a MINI and a.n.other car (dog transport).

I nearly bought an A2 today (1.6 FSI), and I'm now considering a Brabus ForFour Smart, a lot of performance for the money (secondhand).

If I buy the other car first then it might be a new R56 Cooper S next year once we've got the new house sorted. I'm still not sure of the looks but its not as pricey as I first thought now I've seen the option list.

I really wanted the Alfa Brera, but doesn't look like I'll be able to afford one even next year :(. We've decided to go for a bigger house, one with a garage.

Nenah
12th September 2006, 06:10 AM

Fiona...I thought I had first dibs on your Park Lane..? :eek:

If you're seriously selling PM me! :D

Scottie
12th September 2006, 07:03 AM
nenah on my hols at the moment but parklane is for sale available anytime. I am sure we could do a deal pm me your mobile no and I will text you details of car and all that is fitted. getting a new style cooper so parklane at the moment would be traded in.

The Dogfather
12th September 2006, 07:35 AM
Well that sounds like Nenah's sorted :D

X30YES
12th September 2006, 08:06 AM

I've got to wait until the middle of next week before I can buy owt, otherwise I'd have been interested in your Cooper, Alan.

I doubt I could afford the PL, Fi as I'm only looking to spend 12k max at the moment. The plan is for a MINI and a.n.other car (dog transport).

I nearly bought an A2 today (1.6 FSI), and I'm now considering a Brabus ForFour Smart, a lot of performance for the money (secondhand).

If I buy the other car first then it might be a new R56 Cooper S next year once we've got the new house sorted. I'm still not sure of the looks but its not as pricey as I first thought now I've seen the option list.

I really wanted the Alfa Brera, but doesn't look like I'll be able to afford one even next year :(. We've decided to go for a bigger house, one with a garage.<confused> even more now ...no wonder you cant get a car , with all the options and changes you make ;):D

The Dogfather
12th September 2006, 08:19 AM
I buy the car I get the best deal on, the A2 was a good car but I asked for an extra 6 months warranty, it didn't happen so I walked away. If I don't get the deal I want on the Brabus or MINI then I'll move on. That's why it pays to have plenty of options......

The only time I don't push really hard for a deal is if I'm buying from a private seller.

Nenah
12th September 2006, 08:33 AM

nenah on my hols at the moment but parklane is for sale available anytime. I am sure we could do a deal pm me your mobile no and I will text you details of car and all that is fitted. getting a new style cooper so parklane at the moment would be traded in.

You have mail!:p I want my own Mini again...since John's been offshore I've had a quite a few awesome drives in the GP (that will teach you to leave the key's babe! :I) and really miss having my own Mini! The GP is a bloody amazing and far better to drive than Winnie :p but its too tempting to speed - a Park Lane will suit me just fine :approve:

john
12th September 2006, 07:14 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::(

The Dogfather
13th September 2006, 12:35 AM
Sorted, been offered a great deal on a nearly new Brabus Smart Forfour, I'll be test driving the car for the first time on Thursday in Glasgow and if its any good I'll pick it up next week.

Pretty good performance for just over £11,000 - 0-60 in under seven seconds.

X30YES
13th September 2006, 03:11 AM

Sorted, been offered a great deal on a nearly new Brabus Smart Forfour, I'll be test driving the car for the first time on Thursday in Glasgow and if its any good I'll pick it up next week.

Pretty good performance for just over £11,000 - 0-60 in under seven seconds.
So thats still a poss /prob/maybe then and a few if's and but's chucked in as well just to eeven things up ... btw what the hell is a forfour:question:

Sweeney
13th September 2006, 03:20 AM
http://www.autoreview.ru/new_site/news/2006/04/10_8/800_1.jpg

I think merc make the smart cars although i may be wrong.

The Dogfather
13th September 2006, 03:34 AM
Mercedes do make the Smart Cars, these are some pictures of the Brabus

http://www.smartaustralia.com.au/upload/Image/8ff616b3-b8e9-4273-be35-d6e35649bf93.jpg

The Dogfather
13th September 2006, 03:42 AM
http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/S/smart/forfour/03-large/05-brabus-int.jpg
http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/S/smart/forfour/03-large/05-brabus-seats.jpg
http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/S/smart/forfour/03-large/05-brabus-handbrake.jpg
http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/S/smart/forfour/03-large/05-brabus-s-s.jpg
http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/S/smart/forfour/03-large/05-brabus-f3q-a.jpg

The car has a 1.5 litre turbo engine from the Mitsubishi Colt which has been tuned by Brabus to produce 178bhp. Top speed is roughly 140mph. The car has full leather, air con, glass roof and lots of Brabus labels :D

And whilst its not really a looker, it looks a bit mean especially in black......

Sweeney
13th September 2006, 03:44 AM
Looks a good wee car im sure youll use it to its full potential? :p

sedgie
13th September 2006, 04:04 AM
Hope you like it!....my m8 bought one n got rid after 6 months:p

The Dogfather
13th September 2006, 04:06 AM
Why did he get rid?

sedgie
13th September 2006, 04:09 AM
She just told me it was sh*t n she got a good deal because she works for mercedes...i will ask her when i see her why she did not like

The Dogfather
13th September 2006, 04:14 AM
If I'm not 100% happy with it on Thursday, I won't be buying one. If I get this I can also get a new MCS next year, with the Smart being the dog transporter.

I've heard good reports, only negative comments are about the ride and cost.

Gismo
13th September 2006, 05:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by sedgie
Hope you like it!....my m8 bought one n got rid after 6 months:pPerfect for VB then :p:approve:

The Dogfather
13th September 2006, 05:02 AM
Pot kettle Alan :p

Gismo
13th September 2006, 05:08 AM
Pot kettle Alan :pWhat you talking about :question: i don't change my mind every week, new cooper = 18 months, cooper s = 2 years and 8 months, the scooby = 5 weeks :I only garage that would take a trade in, then second hand cooper = 16 months :approve:
You have a different story every week why you need to change your car (s) :D

Nenah
13th September 2006, 05:25 AM
....yawn!!!!!:sleepy::sleepy: This is getting old...just buy a bloody mini and be done with it Paul!

:eek:

;)

Big Gordy
13th September 2006, 05:28 AM
Sorry Vidal but I think its a terrible looking thing:dead: but it does look better all the one colour;) Now the Brabus Smart thats a wee cracker :p:D:approve:

The Dogfather
13th September 2006, 05:30 AM
A2 15 months, Omega 15 months and counting, Cooper 14 months - The MX5 hasn't lasted that long but things have been very fluid for the last 6 months mainly due to the relocation to Newcastle.

I've changed my mind a few times about what car I'm going to get this time but that's down to not knowing what our working arrangements will be in Newcastle - working in same location/short commute/long commute or as it looks now two different short commutes.

Still half the fun is trying out different cars and talking about them. The cars I've tried and decided against New Civic CDTI, Civic Type R, Subaru WRX, Audi A3 TDI Sport, Old TT, Megane 225, Vectra 3.0 V6 CDTI. I haven't been able to get a drive of the Golf GTI but that's the way it goes.....

Cars that I'd like but can't afford Alfa Brera and GT Coupe.

Cars currently still being considered A2 FSI Sport, Cooper, Cooper S and the Brabus Smart which I'll be getting if it drives OK.

The Dogfather
13th September 2006, 05:32 AM
Nenah, I will but only after the new house is sorted......

X30YES
14th September 2006, 07:40 AM
Lets see on Thursday ...after you change your mind ..again :p;):D