PDA

View Full Version : Youll probably all hate me!!

P33 ULC
8th September 2006, 02:00 AM
Phoned Fairbairns in Irvine today to enquire about an aero front bumper, was quoted £275 inc vat and a 20% discount cos i work with Arnold Clark for the bumper & grills. Got speaking to the guy on the phone, turns out he knows one of my mates and knows my old car, told him id let him know about the bumper. 10 mins later he called me back and said 'mate ive got the absolute deal of a century here you wont believe it!, your cars dark silver, right? Well in our stock room classed as old stock we have the full aerokit factory painted dark silver, it was ordered and never picked up 3 months ago by the customer, its worth 900, we were gonna chuck it out or ebay it, would you be interested?' I thought it was gonna be a fortune but he said his manager would accept £300 plus vat for it (£357) which at £82 more than the front bumper for the full kit truly was the deal of the century!!!! Gonna start fitting it tonight and see how it goes. Anyone else had any good deals like this. I really am so happy i phoned now! :D:D:D

Kosta
8th September 2006, 02:08 AM
Jammy Bugger!

Gismo
8th September 2006, 02:10 AM
I got a similar deal from Menzies, £400 delivered to Montrose :p

jayex
8th September 2006, 02:11 AM
:eek::D thats a great deal... i like to see that one beaten :p well done, you must be well chuffed - dont suppose they had one in indi blue :p:p - i would love the Aero kit :cool:
mind and post some picks when its all fitted :D

AndyP & Lenore
8th September 2006, 02:14 AM
Thats a great deal.:D:D Well done.:D

Don't forget to post some piccies when its finished.:D

stoney
8th September 2006, 02:46 AM
lucky u ask if he has ans skirts liyin about :)

Sweeney
8th September 2006, 02:48 AM
I doubt it was "ordered and never picked up", thats just some sales BS mate. Most likely got there hands on it from a traded car or some other way. If anything they would have contacted the buyer rather than left it for months waiting on them being collected. I suggest keeping your standard S kit if you have room to store it somewhere as you could sell it (visually inspect it for ANY damages etc before leaving the dealer with them boxed up).

Although it is lucky and if i was you i'd get a couple tickets on for the lottery :D

Coop
8th September 2006, 02:59 AM
Nicely done :D

Agree with Sweeney though, no dealer would let someone order that in without chasing them for the £!

X30YES
8th September 2006, 05:14 AM
Deal of the century or what :eek:...nice one :approve:

P33 ULC
8th September 2006, 06:28 AM
Was in the original wrapping, the guy opened one of the boxes in front of me to show me the skirts! They are fitted now (only took 4 hours with bare minimum tools) Will get a few pics tommorow hopefully. I kept the big black number plate thing off cos it looked daft with my short plate so ill stick it on with some double sided 2moro. Dead chuffed it was quite easy and fitted perfectly. Only hard bit was the aero top grill tryin to remove those silly clip things

soopercooper
8th September 2006, 06:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by P33 ULC

Phoned Fairbairns in Irvine today to enquire about an aero front bumper, was quoted £275 inc vat and a 20% discount cos i work with Arnold Clark for the bumper & grills. Got speaking to the guy on the phone, turns out he knows one of my mates and knows my old car, told him id let him know about the bumper. 10 mins later he called me back and said 'mate ive got the absolute deal of a century here you wont believe it!, your cars dark silver, right? Well in our stock room classed as old stock we have the full aerokit factory painted dark silver, it was ordered and never picked up 3 months ago by the customer, its worth 900, we were gonna chuck it out or ebay it, would you be interested?' I thought it was gonna be a fortune but he said his manager would accept £300 plus vat for it (£357) which at £82 more than the front bumper for the full kit truly was the deal of the century!!!! Gonna start fitting it tonight and see how it goes. Anyone else had any good deals like this. I really am so happy i phoned now! :D:D:D
hey i work for arnold clark too,what branch do u work at.im at mosspark

jayex
8th September 2006, 06:52 AM

Was in the original wrapping, the guy opened one of the boxes in front of me to show me the skirts! They are fitted now (only took 4 hours with bare minimum tools) Will get a few pics tommorow hopefully. I kept the big black number plate thing off cos it looked daft with my short plate so ill stick it on with some double sided 2moro. Dead chuffed it was quite easy and fitted perfectly. Only hard bit was the aero top grill tryin to remove those silly clip things

lookin forward to the pics - bet its really smart :cool:

P33 ULC
8th September 2006, 08:19 AM
soopercooper, i work @ kilmarnock ford :cool:

Heres the sideskirts straight after fitting, this honestly took about 20 mins per side it was so easy :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/s1_turbo/DSC00059.jpg

And this is the front bumper at midnight after id been out a run after finishing it! Still not got a plate on it as i think itll ruin its good looks :D Might get a wee one for the front. Sorry its not a good pic, it is midnight and it is my phone :I

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/s1_turbo/DSC00064.jpg

jayex
8th September 2006, 03:43 PM
Looks great!!! :D:cool:

Craig
8th September 2006, 03:46 PM
:approve::approve::approve:

gill
8th September 2006, 08:39 PM
Nice one .... car looks good :approve::cool::approve::cool:

PACMAN
8th September 2006, 09:34 PM
Very Nice :approve:

P33 ULC
8th September 2006, 09:45 PM
Some more quick pics from lunchtime. Its gonna kill me to put a plate on it, it looks so good!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/s1_turbo/DSC00067.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/s1_turbo/DSC00066.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/s1_turbo/DSC00065.jpg

N12 JLK
8th September 2006, 11:29 PM
bugger:(
looks cool

MartinSullivan
8th September 2006, 11:30 PM
I HATE YOU LOL, congrats on the bargain :D Looks great

jamiec
10th September 2006, 02:56 AM
Is it mark at parts you know?

great deal!

Think i've seen your car about before

P33 ULC
10th September 2006, 05:16 AM
Yeah mark at parts mate! Dont think ive seen your car though im not sure! Not many cooper s's about this area. Theres a nice black cooper from Killie with 18 or 19 inch Khans on it. Giv us a wave if you see me about. Whats your reg?

Crombers
10th September 2006, 09:03 AM
Nice one ;) , mind you I would have kept the black inserts around the fog lamps , then again what do i know about Aerokits :p;):D

jamiec
10th September 2006, 06:50 PM

Yeah mark at parts mate! Dont think ive seen your car though im not sure! Not many cooper s's about this area. Theres a nice black cooper from Killie with 18 or 19 inch Khans on it. Giv us a wave if you see me about. Whats your reg?

starts with FD just think of fire department :)

I'm down in prestwick don't go up killie way much. Car is up for sale just now but considering keeping it, who knows :question:

illegalhunter
10th September 2006, 07:14 PM
i cant belive it somebody with something good to say about fairbairns

soopercooper
10th September 2006, 11:00 PM
p33ulc,are u a salesman or workshop

P33 ULC
11th September 2006, 02:58 AM
quote:mind you I would have kept the black inserts around the fog lamps

Didnt come with them but i will get them, i think it looks better with them too!

jamiec, ill look out for your car mate

quote:are u a salesman or workshop

neither, i work @ service mate;)