PDA

View Full Version : Anti rant thread

sh@z
7th September 2006, 07:34 AM
Seeing as how today there has been an absurd amount of rant/moan/etc threads on NMS, how about we have a thread where there is no moaning or complaining, tell us the good thing that happened to you today for a change!!!

I'll start, well my bodykit for the RX8 arrived today from Japan after a long 4 month wait!!! And it looks awesome (even in unpainted white primer)!!! That put a smile on my face :cool:

Gismo
7th September 2006, 07:35 AM
Well, i bought a new JCW S :cool:

sh@z
7th September 2006, 07:37 AM
Congrats BS (you replied just as i edited my post [;p])

sleepyrascal
7th September 2006, 09:22 AM
I start my new job on Monday, and I have a stag do on friday and saturday for which Im the best man. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Dogfather
7th September 2006, 12:52 PM
I've finally made up my mind what car I'm buying next and we're moving house in 7 days :D

PACMAN
7th September 2006, 02:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

I've finally made up my mind what car I'm buying next and we're moving house in 7 days :D

Where and what car(S)? :D

The Dogfather
7th September 2006, 03:49 PM
To a rented cottage on the banks of the River Deveron (between Aberchirder and Huntly).

And the car(s) are either a nearly new Alfa Brera 2.4JTD SV or new Audi TT T-FSI, I decided to boost the budget a bit. Both cars will only cost me £700 - £1200 per year to own over the first 3 years than an Astra CDTI 150.

Scottie
7th September 2006, 04:56 PM

To a rented cottage on the banks of the River Deveron (between Aberchirder and Huntly).

And the car(s) are either a nearly new Alfa Brera 2.4JTD SV or new Audi TT T-FSI, I decided to boost the budget a bit. Both cars will only cost me £700 - £1200 per year to own over the first 3 years than an Astra CDTI 150.

Paul,

Now I know you will think what does she know BUT I test drove the Brera diesel while it is a fabulous looking car compared to my 1 series yes my 1 series it was total crap. The BMW diesel engine was so much smoother quicker just all round better.

Scottie
7th September 2006, 05:01 PM
today my Mum is coming up which I am looking forward to (not sure about Allan mind) then tomorrow night we are off in the caravan for a weeks holiday squeezing a visit to mikethemini:D Then organised a meet for next Saturday with the Touareg guys in the lake district hoping to do some green lane routes.:D

The Dogfather
7th September 2006, 07:26 PM
The one series is pug ugly and has a dull interior, so I won't be getting one of those. Also the Alfa holds it's value better according to Glasses, strange but true.

The Alfa engine might not be as good as the BMW, but what a car, if the diesel is really bad I'll get the 2.2 petrol instead.

Scottie
7th September 2006, 09:09 PM

The one series is pug ugly and has a dull interior, so I won't be getting one of those. Also the Alfa holds it's value better according to Glasses, strange but true.

The Alfa engine might not be as good as the BMW, but what a car, if the diesel is really bad I'll get the 2.2 petrol instead.

no go for the 3.2 petrol.

The Dogfather
7th September 2006, 11:15 PM
I would but I don't get free fuel ;)

Scottie
7th September 2006, 11:30 PM

I would but I don't get free fuel ;)

I don't either:(:)

monkimagic
7th September 2006, 11:34 PM

I thought you had made you mind up !! ;)

Smitty
8th September 2006, 12:17 AM
Alfa Brera 2.4JTD SV

Good man....we'll be needing pics to ooogle over that one once its bought!!:p;)

Good thing......after today I only have 6 more days of working before returning to Uni and drinking!!:D:clown:

And also.....my golf skills improved dramtically last nite!!:p:D

The Dogfather
8th September 2006, 02:38 AM
Well to further hijack this thread! I had we go in the Brera tonight and we hit a snag, the seats aren't the same as in the 159 and they don't offer support to my upper back. So to cut a long story short, No Brera!

I had a look at the Alfa GT Coupe though and the seats are the best I've ever sat in, as good as the Recaros in the Focus ST :D So looks like it might be one of these, only a 1.9 JTD but it can be chipped to 180. BTW Jackie's heavily pushing the case of a new Cooper S, I might cave in yet :D

Gismo
8th September 2006, 02:44 AM
BTW Jackie's heavily pushing the case of a new Cooper S, I might cave in yet :DGet one and spec the Recaro's ;) you won't be disappointed :p should be within your budget too providing you don't spec too many options :)

AndyP & Lenore
8th September 2006, 03:20 AM
If I'd posted to this yesterday it wouldn't have been very positive. Hard drive meltdown at work. Lost a years work, couldn't install new drive, not used to SATA drives, etc., etc.

However, today after a massive amount of help from a mate, new drive installed, CHKDSK repaired all faults in duff drive, data recovered and we're back up and running with all our DTP applications.

So I'm a (very relieved) happy chappy!

A.:D

Gismo
8th September 2006, 03:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore
Hard drive meltdown at work. Lost a years workAnd exactly why business people should make a back up EVERY DAY of all their important files :evil:;):p:)

duncan
8th September 2006, 03:39 AM
6 points, +7 goal difference, Top of the table, Pride Restored!

And an Arab scores the opener? What more do you want!

Mon the fish
8th September 2006, 03:49 AM
To be 5 points clear of the world champions!

monkimagic
8th September 2006, 04:21 AM
quote: BTW Jackie's heavily pushing the case of a new Cooper S, I might cave in yet :D

Jackie is wise, go with the wise one ;)

The Dogfather
8th September 2006, 05:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland
Get one and spec the Recaro's ;)

How much are they?

Scottie
8th September 2006, 05:33 AM

Get one and spec the Recaro's ;)

How much are they?

spec with new car think they are £800

Scottie
8th September 2006, 05:34 AM
also read somewhere that with the new new Mini coming out BMW have new technology for the run flats making them much softer don't know how true that is though.

AndyP & Lenore
8th September 2006, 06:56 AM

Hard drive meltdown at work. Lost a years workAnd exactly why business people should make a back up EVERY DAY of all their important files :evil:;):p:)

Don't start! Had enough of this from Davies.:I:I

In the end, no data lost. Just took 20 hours to rebuild the hard drive.:eek: 200Gb USB Hard drive being ordered immanently, for daily backups.:I;)

To be honest, the really sensitive stuff, (all our box office stuff) is backed up daily onto a 250MB Zip drive.:approve:

Scottie
8th September 2006, 07:02 AM

In the end, no data lost. Just took 20 hours to rebuild the hard drive.:eek: 200Gb USB Hard drive being ordered immanently, for daily backups.:I;)

To be honest, the really sensitive stuff, (all our box office stuff) is backed up daily onto a 250MB Zip drive.:approve:

didn't you have a disaster recovery plan.??

I remember when our cash book pc buggered up and the nightly back up hadn't been working ( I did not know) now when your talking over a 100 million pounds of information and its your resonsibilty that is stress.

sleepyrascal
8th September 2006, 09:13 AM
you know how old disks were called floppys.... why are usb pens, hard drives etc etc not called solids of stiffys!

My girlfriend used to use floppys but since starting her new job she uses solids. She said backing up onto a stiffy is far better then backing up onto a floppy.

The Dogfather
8th September 2006, 10:51 AM
smutty!

Craig
8th September 2006, 03:55 PM

:approve::approve::approve:

Smitty
8th September 2006, 11:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

you know how old disks were called floppys.... why are usb pens, hard drives etc etc not called solids of stiffys!

My girlfriend used to use floppys but since starting her new job she uses solids. She said backing up onto a stiffy is far better then backing up onto a floppy.

PMSL!!!:D:D

Am i the only one immature enough to find that hilarous??:p:D:I

Burple
9th September 2006, 12:11 AM
People still use ZIP drives??? :p:p:p:p:p

<takes a run up, casts a heavy one>

Julz
9th September 2006, 12:43 AM
Well, my anti-rant post.... I started back at work on monday (only doing mon & fri til I can change my friday for a tuesday!) ANYWAY, I go in 1 minute and and will be going to collect Craig on the way home and the smile I get from him when I walk into the nursery is enough to make any crappy day good!! (sappy enough for you??!):D:D:D