PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Exhaust

RS
7th September 2006, 05:33 AM
The back box on my Cooper exhaust is looking a bit rusty. Therefore I've been trying to source a replacement exhuast, however so far I've been advised that the exhaust can only be supplied by BMW.

The cost quoted to me by JC in Aberdeen is in excess of £300, which I thought was rather a lot for an exhaust.

Are there any other options?

GAJ
7th September 2006, 05:54 AM
I've got a spare one in my loft! Email me if you are interested, we may be able to come to some agreement. You'd have to pick it up from Edinburgh though!

Gismo
7th September 2006, 06:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by RS
so far I've been advised that the exhaust can only be supplied by BMWNonsense :p you can fit any suitable aftermarket exhaust you want :approve: It won't benefit from the BMW warranty, but it'll hardly invalidate your stereo etc

Crombers
7th September 2006, 07:05 AM
http://www.playmini.co.uk/

:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::appr ove::approve::approve:

X30YES
7th September 2006, 10:04 PM
any exhaust can be fitted ,and a full system could be bought for not much more than you have been quoted(with better results and sound as well ) what about a CS exhaust ? kyleminiman has a new one for sale from a JCW upgraded S £150 and new !!!

stoney
7th September 2006, 11:30 PM
i have a custom made s/s cat back system nice and cheep well cheper than bmw any way here is a wee pic
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/oldmini.jpg

only want £200 and can ship it for £30 bis post next day puts of a brill sound not 2 loud !!!!!!! give me a email if u fancy s700ony@blueyonder.co.uk i had it on my old cooper for under a year !!!!!! cost me £450 :)

RS
8th September 2006, 07:16 AM
Thank-you for the responses folks.

Whilst I understand that I can get custom aftermarket exhausts, why can't I go into somehwere like Kwik Fit for example (not that I would), and get a like for like replacement exhaust.

stoney
8th September 2006, 04:14 PM
as they are still devloping them prb becase bmw have not give them drawings for the part :p

GAJ
8th September 2006, 04:33 PM
The one in my loft is a standard Cooper exhaust, was only on the car for about 1000 miles, if not less.

Crombers
10th September 2006, 09:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

The one in my loft is a standard Cooper exhaust, was only on the car for about 1000 miles, if not less.

Kerbed !! or not :p;):D

Gordons_cooper_wrks
12th September 2006, 04:39 AM
ive got the one of mine forsale aswel if its any use to you. only done delivery miles. may be able to courier it to you. would need to price it first though. make me an offer for the exhaust.:)