PDA

View Full Version : RAIN-X

Wul
11th December 2003, 11:56 PM
Good deal on at Costco just now!

Box containing 500ml bottle of Rain-X and 200ml Bottle of Glass Clear for £4.99+VAT (£5.86)

Good deal when a 200ml bottle is normally £4.99 in halfrauds!

:)

Burple
12th December 2003, 12:08 AM
dammit!!! :D

anyone fancy getting me some of this and I can give you the cash for it when I see you on one of our many festive runs???
Pretty please!! :D:D

KenL
12th December 2003, 12:23 AM
Tesco sell Rain-x for £3.99 :)

Although I like the way it keeps your windpw clear from light rain I'm not convinced it is good for your wiper blades when you do use them.

Wul
12th December 2003, 12:49 AM
Is that not for the 200ml bottle tho Ken? This is a 500ml bottle and 200ml of Glass Cleaner.

Re the wipers - i used rain-x all last year and my blades lasted a year - i'm quite happy replacing them yearly - don't know how much longer they should last without using rain-x?

Burple
12th December 2003, 01:12 AM
Surely the idea of using Rain-x is that you use your wipers less??

It's cool cruising down the motorway when it's pee-ing down and you get the right conditions to be able NOT to ue your wipers!
I like the way it helps with general visibility too... just don't watch the water swirling round your side windows (cos of the airflow behind the mirrors) when you're driveing on the motorway!!!! <Mmmmmmmm... Hypnotic......> ;):D

KenL
12th December 2003, 01:14 AM
OK OK, I'll start using mine again :)

Think you are right Wul it's a wee bottle for £3.99.

500ml would last years for most peeps, good bargain that.

Wul
12th December 2003, 02:09 AM
Only downside is at this time of year you need to re-apply almost weekly as the salt etc seems to grate off the rain-x very quickly.

LnL - i'm with you tho - loved it this summer - never ever had me wipers on constant even in heavy downpurs - only intermittent required if at all :) I use is on the side windows too - ace!

bpirie1000
12th December 2003, 03:55 AM
you on commision from Cost co Maybe something to think about...

:clown:
Brian

Wul
12th December 2003, 07:36 PM
Just had a wee browse round the Rain-X website - they make wiper blades too http://www.rainx.com/frame_auto_blades.htm

but they also make a wheel protectant and car wax which looks interesting too http://www.rainx.com/frame_auto_wheel.htm

Oh and a car wash which claims to be self drying! :eek:

May have to email them for the UK distributor as i've only ever saw the windscreen trreatment, glass cleaner, anti fog and skoosher additive.

Hmmm forget a costco sponsorhip - Wul, in association with Rain-X!:D:clown: