PDA

View Full Version : ABS sensor

minimadtez
5th September 2006, 12:30 AM
My ABS and Tyre pressure warning lights have been on for months and months now.........I ignored them up untill now, but my MOT is due so i need to sort it.

The wires on my front driver side ABS sensor looked like they had been chewed on! ok, not quite, but they were in a state....so Brian soldered them (thanks Bri).....this put one light out, but it came back on again a little while after driving.....

I phoned Overton dismantlers who said they had the part for £20.....i went there and then they decided i could have the part because apparently they could not get it off of the MINI without breaking the plug.....they said they were not willing to break more to try and make £20 off me!

I have now ordered the ABS sensor from John Clark, what i want to know is, has anyone else had this problem? and is it more likely that i will break it putting the new one on?! or that it wont even solve my problem! :(

john
5th September 2006, 01:09 AM
Ever thought about asking your dad first

AeroJonny
5th September 2006, 01:26 AM
There was a safety recall for the abs wiring loom a while ago, why don't you call JC's to check if your car's needing it??

MartinSullivan
5th September 2006, 02:13 AM
Tezs car had the wiring recall done.

bpirie1000
5th September 2006, 03:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

Ever thought about asking your dad first

redpoint rallying
5th September 2006, 03:11 AM
I'm with your dad here.....ask yer dad!! Its what he's for...:D:D

M

The Dogfather
5th September 2006, 04:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by redpoint rallying

I'm with your dad here.....ask yer dad!! Its what he's for...:D:D

M

What John's over at your place? :p

minimadtez
5th September 2006, 04:36 AM
dad.....I have asked dad! it was you who suggested overton remember.:cool:

now its at john clarks waiting for me to pick it up, but having a panic now that it wont even help

DJBlack
7th September 2006, 12:19 AM
...there is a guy on ebay selling a rear brake pad sensor plus two ABS sensors for about £4!!!

I bought some last week... handy spares...
DJ