PDA

View Full Version : Powder Coating

Pink Lady
4th September 2006, 09:20 PM
Hey everyone, wee question, am thinking of getting my silver wheels powder coated white, has anyone had this done and did it look ok? My Car is mint green with a black roof, am going to get it repainted white and the mirrors to match, has anyone seen anything like this, not sure it will look ok?

:kiss::kiss:

PACMAN
4th September 2006, 09:32 PM
it would look better if the roof was white as well ;)

james f
4th September 2006, 09:45 PM
black could look cool but as far as logistics its not hard as someone i know had his jcw rims powder coated white

jayex
4th September 2006, 10:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Pink Lady

Hey everyone, wee question, am thinking of getting my silver wheels powder coated white, has anyone had this done and did it look ok? My Car is mint green with a black roof, am going to get it repainted white and the mirrors to match, has anyone seen anything like this, not sure it will look ok?

:kiss::kiss:

I think it would look pretty good - white wheels a bit harder to keep clean tho 8)

X30YES
4th September 2006, 10:50 PM
Roof decal would be cheaper, and less trouble , painting the roof is not as easy as you think !! I also know of white cooper wheels for sale with good tyres .Stone might have white mirror caps as well !!
PM me for details

Pink Lady
4th September 2006, 10:54 PM
Hey am new to this, roof decal? What does that mean, dont mean to be girly about it? Ive been quoted £100 for my paint job, thought it sounded oK? Would be very interested in the white wheels, how much and where about are they?
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Roof decal would be cheaper, and less trouble , painting the roof is not as easy as you think !! I also know of white cooper wheels for sale with good tyres .Stone might have white mirror caps as well !!
PM me for details

Pink Lady
4th September 2006, 10:56 PM
How did the wheels look? Deffo think am going to go with white roof tho, thought about silver but with the colour of my car it mite not stand out as much!
quote:Originally posted by charlie croaker

black could look cool but as far as logistics its not hard as someone i know had his jcw rims powder coated white

X30YES
4th September 2006, 10:57 PM

Hey am new to this, roof decal? What does that mean, dont mean to be girly about it? Ive been quoted £100 for my paint job, thought it sounded oK? Would be very interested in the white wheels, how much and where about are they? [quote]Originally posted by X30YES

PM me for details ...roof decal =....big sticker

Wheels are in Strathaven

Pink Lady
5th September 2006, 12:46 AM
My tyres ive got are virtually brand new, but would be interested to know how much for the wheels just to compare it to the price of getting them powder coated.
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Hey am new to this, roof decal? What does that mean, dont mean to be girly about it? Ive been quoted £100 for my paint job, thought it sounded oK? Would be very interested in the white wheels, how much and where about are they? [quote]Originally posted by X30YES

PM me for details ...roof decal =....big sticker

Wheels are in Strathaven

johnsop1
5th September 2006, 01:06 AM
Am going through a similar dilemma - refurbish cooper s wheels or get new ones. Anyone know here I can get wheels refurbished in Borders /Edinburgh area? Also rough idea of cost per wheel?

Thinking of getting BK Racing 299's if don't get Cooper wheels refurbished

X30YES
5th September 2006, 01:07 AM
Normally abou + - £40 per wheel to refurb .

stoney
5th September 2006, 04:23 PM
i have spare mirror caps in whight if u want 2 make me a offer for them :)

GAJ
5th September 2006, 04:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by johnsop1

Am going through a similar dilemma - refurbish cooper s wheels or get new ones. Anyone know here I can get wheels refurbished in Borders /Edinburgh area? Also rough idea of cost per wheel?

Thinking of getting BK Racing 299's if don't get Cooper wheels refurbished

I think Newlife Tyres can arrange this.