PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP NEEDED from computer buffs!

Wul
2nd September 2006, 01:33 AM
OK guys - need some assistance to make a dvd of pictures for my mates wedding - it is to be played on a dvd player on repeat projected to a big screen and the venue has sent the following guide for the requirements:

All photos and videos must be saved onto a DVD+ type disc. They must be saved as a playable movies file compatible with their DVD players. The file type must be a MPEG 2, fully compliant with DVD authoring standard. The image size should be 720 x 576 at 25 frames per second. They must also be saved as a PAL standard. The file must also be TV (Interlaced) NOT computer (progressive).

So how easy is this to do from a folder full of jpegs and what software do we need?

Thanks for any help!

:)

duncan
2nd September 2006, 01:41 AM
Nero makes photo DVD's, although I'm not sure if it'll meet your exacting standards of size and frames per second!

Wul
2nd September 2006, 02:04 AM
Ok - so i've got a dell bit of software that gets me to a MPEG4 format meeting all the other requirements. So now need a converter to MPEG2 PAL TV standard.

lightbody
2nd September 2006, 02:13 AM
my friend (who's a video editor for the BBC) uses Nero too. You can download the full version for free for 30 days.

Craig
2nd September 2006, 02:18 AM
yep, I would use nero too.... it's even got the wizard to talk you through it.. ;)

Burple
2nd September 2006, 05:36 AM
Email me, so long as it's not as urgent that you need it tomorrow ;)

Wul
2nd September 2006, 07:00 AM
Dropped you a wee email ewan! :)

Gismo
2nd September 2006, 04:59 PM
You'd be amazed at how many versions of Nero are going about, usually always a version supplied with any computer on the motherboard setup disk, also included is the anti virus software and sometimes picture editing software.
Wul, you mention that the pictures have to be resized, if you don't have any programmes for that then you can use Paint, supplied with windows. It's not the best, but at least you can resize :)
Hopefully Ewan will have sorted you out :p

X30YES
2nd September 2006, 05:41 PM
Or you can get this Image Resizer from microsoft free (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx) 12th down on the right hand side .This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.

Wul
2nd September 2006, 10:13 PM
The Dell programme that converts to MPEG4 allows you to enter the target size so that is all sorted! Only problem I have now is getting the pictures to go slow enough as 1 frame per second is the slowest it will go - so short of making 5 copies of each picture I need to find some other bit of software. thanks for the help so far though guys.

X30YES
2nd September 2006, 10:30 PM
nothing on the link above it has something to do with RAW images and also has CD Slide Show Generator!!!

Craig
2nd September 2006, 11:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

The Dell programme that converts to MPEG4 allows you to enter the target size so that is all sorted! Only problem I have now is getting the pictures to go slow enough as 1 frame per second is the slowest it will go - so short of making 5 copies of each picture I need to find some other bit of software. thanks for the help so far though guys.

can you not import it into Powerpoint and have them as a slide each - you can then set longer times in between each slide (ie picture...) ?

Burple
3rd September 2006, 01:17 AM

Dropped you a wee email ewan! :)

Didn't get it Buffmeister..

Text me your address matey...your HOUSE adress ;):p

Burple
3rd September 2006, 01:18 AM

Maybe a silly question, but have you got Paintshop pro? you get Animation shop with that, and thet might help...