PDA

View Full Version : The time has come...

OBN
31st August 2006, 03:15 AM
Right enough of my indescision, I really get to get a car sorted.

Down to 2 choices... both are the same price

Option 1.
2005 Mini Cooper S, 2,000 miles. 17" wheels, side skirts, chili, auto air con, sunroof, multi function wheel, HK stereo

or Option 2.

New model Cooper, with Chili, heated seats, 17" wheels ASC+T, multi function wheel, vis pack and auto air con.

Which would be the better choice?

Claire how much should the used car be in that spec?

Sweeney
31st August 2006, 03:19 AM
Option 1 from me :)

ianking
31st August 2006, 03:19 AM
(option 2) I would go for the new model Cooper as it will hold its value better, plus it will be a new model.

illegalhunter
31st August 2006, 03:22 AM
get the new one the second hand prices will fall like a lead ballon when the new model hits the showrooms

OBN
31st August 2006, 03:23 AM
Even though Option one is a Cooper S and the new one would just be a Cooper

AndyP & Lenore
31st August 2006, 03:33 AM
As much as I love the S, I'd have to agree with the Cooper vote. The chance of a brand new car, new model even, would drag me down from an S to the cooper. At the end of the day, either one you go for, you'll love it.

A.:D

Crombers
31st August 2006, 04:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

the second hand prices will fall like a lead ballon when the new model hits the showrooms

might dip , but lead baloon , doubt it.

I'd go for the 'S' as I,m not sold on the new look

The Dogfather
31st August 2006, 05:07 AM
The prices are higher for the new model, and I think that'll protect the residuals of the older models.

Crombers
31st August 2006, 05:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

The prices are higher for the new model, and I think that'll protect the residuals of the older models.

VB talks :approve:

sedgie
31st August 2006, 06:30 AM
I'd go for the new wan:D

PACMAN
31st August 2006, 06:48 AM
Option 1 and it more fun ;)

Kosta
31st August 2006, 06:59 AM
Option number one ;)

AndyP & Lenore
31st August 2006, 08:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

What will protect the prices of the current MINI is that they haven't launched a "special" eddition with 20% allowance for the dealers to cut off the price. That happened with our M Class, and it devastates the price of the out-going model, which we found to our severe loss.:(

james f
31st August 2006, 09:57 AM
i for one have never cared about re-sale value of a car whats the point in buying a car with the thought of the next person to buy it if i have bought something im gonna enjouy it as my cooper is with me for life ive thought about selling it a few times but i love it too much to see it go get the S mate the new one looks awful i think :D

Gismo
31st August 2006, 05:15 PM
What sort of price are we looking at for those models listed :question:
I've always maintained a cooper drives better than an S :approve: my opinion, but, maybe you're looking for that wee bit more power to help the straight line speed, no doubt the cooper needs to be kept on the boil in the twisties and that's what sets it apart :)
Tough choice, but, i think the S would be you're best bet in this instance

OBN
31st August 2006, 06:02 PM
They are both about £17K, don't really need the speed (got a bike for that) but I like a bit of power, I'm trading in a V6 Golf as I don't really need the power thats got.

Gismo
31st August 2006, 06:19 PM
Then maybe a MTH'd cooper would do you, it has the extra bit of power over a standard cooper and the low end torque is much better with progressive grunt.
Hmm, wanna buy my Cooper :p

N12 JLK
31st August 2006, 09:07 PM
Undecided on this only thing I would say is that the standard cooper is underpowered should have been about 145bhp from the start!

X30YES
1st September 2006, 04:51 AM
As BS said ,the present Cooper is a better drive all round ,and with a few little mods could be as much fun as the S, if its power and oomf you need then the S would be the choice ,for the go factor alone,if its pure dead brilliant raw power in all gears ,then the JCWS is the boy Daddy :p(at a Price).