PDA

View Full Version : Events & Gallery pages

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2006, 06:30 AM
Hi Gaj/Calum,

The Events page looks to be a wee bit out of date.:I:I

Is it possible to update the Gallery page too, with pics of some recent runs? And the video of the Borders Run wheel splash? I see there's a slide show sort of thing for Craig's Argyl & Bute circle for last year. Did Craig supply that? Or is it something you can do utilising the pics posted to the thread?

Cheers,

A.:D

X30YES
30th August 2006, 06:35 AM
Movie must be really bad this eve eh!:p:D

PACMAN
30th August 2006, 06:40 AM
nothing really good in the cine at the mo :disapprove:

except for cars, over the hedge :approve:

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2006, 07:55 AM
You, Me & Dupree is doing not too bad, considering the time of the year. And we're getting a lot of interest for The Wicker Man. Starts Thursday 31st. Had folk turning up for it last Thursday:clown:, which is usually a good sign.;)

Burple
30th August 2006, 06:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

You, Me & Dupree is doing not too bad, considering the time of the year. And we're getting a lot of interest for The Wicker Man. Starts Thursday 31st. Had folk turning up for it last Thursday:clown:, which is usually a good sign.;)

Quite fancy that.. and Over the Hedge :I:D:D
Heard any reports about Severance? Looks wicked :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2006, 10:12 PM
Moved the movie discussion to Off Topic, to try and keep this on topic.:approve:

Sweeney
30th August 2006, 10:32 PM
i agree with andy, run pages need updated as well as galleries etc :p

Monsta Mo Mini
31st August 2006, 04:34 AM
If you can send me a zipped folder containing images from the runs I'll add them to the galleries section. As for movies, I'd prefer either Quicktime or Flash edited down to no more than 3 minutes, again, just email them to me. I'll update events in a mo. Been awfully busy getting my new business off the ground and GAJ has been to busy failing to negotiate roundabouts;)

AndyP & Lenore
31st August 2006, 04:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

If you can send me a zipped folder containing images from the runs I'll add them to the galleries section. As for movies, I'd prefer either Quicktime or Flash edited down to no more than 3 minutes, again, just email them to me. I'll update events in a mo. Been awfully busy getting my new business off the ground and GAJ has been to busy failing to negotiate roundabouts;)

Best of luck with the freelancing! Hope it works out for you:approve:

No problem on the Photie's:approve:. I'll zip down the ones for the Heart Of The Borders run, the one's I took plus the ones posted to the run thread.

The video for the wheel splash on the Borders Run is a .flv ?? Does that stand for Flash Video or something like that? If so, Gill may be able to simply send you the .flv file. What I'm not sure of, is if photobucket alter the file in any way, when it is sent to them to make it a .flv file. For example, Gill may upload it as a .mov but Photobucket convert that to .flv??? The video is a compact 2mins 57secconds anyway, so right where you want it.:approve:

Thanks for the reply.

Crombers
31st August 2006, 04:52 AM

GAJ has been to busy failing to negotiate roundabouts;)

Eh :question: , what's the lad been up to ..........

GAJ
31st August 2006, 05:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

GAJ has been to busy failing to negotiate roundabouts;)

Eh :question: , what's the lad been up to ..........

Have a look here. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8903)

All sorted now though, without any drama. Bye-bye NCB though! Apparently, the suspension is designed to sacrifice itself in the event of an accident, to cushion the blow and protect the occupants. Personally, I would rather have had a slightly bigger impact and let the NHS repair any subsequent minor damage to me!

The car spun and hit a big kerb on an island at the exit of a roundabout, diagonally backwards, if you know what I mean, but at no more than 25 - 30 MPH and caused SERIOUS damage. I needed to get a new rear axle sub frame and the whole rear suspension replaced, a new wheel and then a full KDS.

On the plus side, I needed to get 2 new tyres anyway, and my insurers have paid 65% of the cost of 2 new Goodyear F1's, without even questioning why the car didn't have the standard runflats fitted.:)

On the negative side, I had to pay £40 for a new set of rear pads as they were almost down to the metal, but at least I didn't have to pay any labour for the fitting. :)

I know this is 'off topic', but you did ask...:I

AndyP & Lenore
2nd September 2006, 06:36 PM
Calum

Have e-mailed you 4 zipped files of pics for the gallery pages.:)

Gill is saying the video clip is saved as an MPEG file with a filesize of 56MB. Do you know how it can be converted into quicktime or flash? Or are you able to do this if we supply you with the file on DVD?

Cheers,

Andrew

Monsta Mo Mini
3rd September 2006, 06:54 AM
I should be able to convert it to Flash here. Gill, email me and I'll send you my FTP details.

Calum

quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Calum

Have e-mailed you 4 zipped files of pics for the gallery pages.:)

Gill is saying the video clip is saved as an MPEG file with a filesize of 56MB. Do you know how it can be converted into quicktime or flash? Or are you able to do this if we supply you with the file on DVD?

Cheers,

Andrew

gill
3rd October 2006, 06:14 PM
See the Heart of the Borders 06 is now on the events page - YEEHAH!!!

Monsta Mo Mini
4th October 2006, 06:32 PM
I'll get the video up when I've got some time...

...which I have to say is a bit in the scarce side at the moment!