PDA

View Full Version : Window Tint

Alfie
30th August 2006, 03:07 AM
Hi,

I want to tint the windows on the Mini. Not too sure whether to go for the full drug dealer all round tint or just the back windows.

I am aware of the legalities of tinting front windows, but can anyone post some pics of their car with window tints and tell me what % tint you applied?

Thanks

illegalhunter
30th August 2006, 04:16 AM
iam getting mine done when i come back from hols but not the pimp type

X30YES
30th August 2006, 06:04 AM
I would go for the lightest tint ,save getting stopped for checks etc see pic of the lowest tint
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/HBre2.jpg

PACMAN
30th August 2006, 06:33 AM
i've heard that it can void your insurance if the front window are done :disapprove:

X30YES
30th August 2006, 06:36 AM
Can do, if certain insurers like to be that picky

PACMAN
30th August 2006, 06:37 AM
axa seem to be one of them :disapprove:

Craig
30th August 2006, 03:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by PACMAN

i've heard that it can void your insurance if the front window are done :disapprove:

yeah especially if the police are involved with your accident, they will report the fact that the windows are illegal and then sure stuffed...:disapprove:

Big Col
30th August 2006, 03:40 PM
Quite right too! :D

Alfie
30th August 2006, 05:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

I would go for the lightest tint ,save getting stopped for checks etc see pic of the lowest tint
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/HBre2.jpg

That looks the part - what %tint is that? looks like about 70% all round?

X30YES
30th August 2006, 05:51 PM
Not sure Alfie (Tinthaus did it )..its the lightest one ,the windows are already tinted as you will know so take care if you go any darker which will take you way over the limit .

Scottie
30th August 2006, 05:52 PM
I don't like the front window tint look. Much better just getting the rears done.:cool::cool: Once there done it automatically dulls down the interior which then gives you the look of the front being tinted a wee bit.

sleepyrascal
31st August 2006, 10:18 PM
I had this debate a while back and ended up speaking to a mortorbike police guy... The very chap who goes around Aberdeen with the testing kit...

Basically, they had tested the standard glass on their own police Volvo V70 and it was only just legal. He said he has never seen or heard of an aftermarket tint which was legal. He also pointed out that if you have an accident - regardless of fault - the insurance company can void you, and its legal for them to do so. Also, the cops will be after you for dangerous driving!!

DOnt bother with front tints unless they are VERY light!

fireman01
1st September 2006, 06:44 AM
if you go for tints make them very light,av got mine done and didn't think they were that dark,but the police do!fed up gettin £30 fine's and if they were any darker it would be £60 and 3 points,think am goin 2 remove mine if a ever get the time.

minimadtez
1st September 2006, 06:38 PM
I dont know what % mine are, Fontal had them done before I got the car, but I think they look great! Legal or not, my car's sexy! :D

http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/500/april06.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/500/medium/57870.jpg

PACMAN
1st September 2006, 08:10 PM
tinted windows nae for the ugly folks :eek::blackeye::)

minimadtez
1st September 2006, 08:14 PM

tinted windows nae for the ugly folks :eek::blackeye::)

Or maybe for people so good looking, they'd destract other drivers :p

PACMAN
1st September 2006, 08:17 PM
:eek: who...where where ;)

minimadtez
1st September 2006, 08:18 PM

:eek: who...where where ;)

Dont know....cant see them :D

PACMAN
1st September 2006, 08:20 PM
:cool:

KINGHORN
1st September 2006, 10:46 PM
tinthaus light tint is actualy illegal, my mate got stopped with his and they were 5% out

The Bull
1st September 2006, 11:13 PM
What's yours Darren? They look well dark. :cool:

minimadtez
1st September 2006, 11:35 PM
If you get stopped, ask to see the reading on the machine for the windows of the police car....

someone did that in aberdeen, and the police car was illegal....so they had no choice but rip up the ticket!

sleepyrascal
2nd September 2006, 06:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by minimadtez
If you get stopped, ask to see the reading on the machine for the windows of the police car....

someone did that in aberdeen, and the police car was illegal....so they had no choice but rip up the ticket!

Honestly, you speak some sh**e :D:D:D

But the copper did actually admit to me that their own windows were almost illegal simply becasue of the factory tint.

minimadtez
2nd September 2006, 06:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

But the copper did actually admit to me that their own windows were almost illegal simply becasue of the factory tint.

Im not really worried if you dont believe me, but that did happen.
in the same way, not all of the police number plates are legal.....they cant charge you if they are committing the same offence.

sleepyrascal
2nd September 2006, 08:11 PM

Im not really worried if you dont believe me, but that did happen in Terri Land. A magical place filled with little fluffy bunnys.

i believe you but only becasue im scared not to! :(

minimadtez
3rd September 2006, 12:26 AM

Im not really worried if you dont believe me, but that did happen in Terri Land. A magical place filled with little fluffy bunnys.

i believe you but only becasue im scared not to! :(

:( I dont do this often but I have to apologise.....I just re-read what I said...didnt mean it to sound as mean. I was hungover and grumpy. sorry hun 8)