PDA

View Full Version : Ads that really get on yer t***

AndyP & Lenore
29th August 2006, 11:30 PM
Over lunch today two ads came on that reminded me how much I hate them.:mad:

Norton Finance. Has anyone else noticed that when the presenter walks around their call-centre and says "This is Gareth, he's one of account managers. He'll make sure you get your money on time". When Gareth swings round and looks at the camera he gives it such a gormless look, like he was at the back of the queue when brains were handed out.:clown:

Picture. That guy walking around with the phone talking about the "rain not hurting anyone and oh, yeah, we wanna borrow £25,000. Wow that's much less than we're paying now." Another gormless, dipsh*t, second rate actor, making the worst out of a crap script.:clown::clown:

Is it just me, or am I turning more and more cynical in my old age?:I

A.:D

james f
30th August 2006, 12:00 AM
smae most of these depressing daytime tv loan adverts just annoy me so much

Burple
30th August 2006, 12:03 AM
:D:D:D:D

Ok.. the list so far..

*Sheila's Wheels - Die in a Fire!!
*Pick me Up Magazine - Die in a Fire!!
*That 'When is a good deal on car insurance not a good deal etc etc' - Die in a Fire!!
*ANY* ad for *ANY* Tv Reality Show - DIAF!!

It also has to be said tho that I *do* actially giggle like an eejit to the ads arounfd the edges of the brainless w@nk that is 'Planet's Funniest Animals' The 'Oust' cartoony ones. Especially the hamster in the wheel'!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

There was recently a court case in Italy where (I think) a TV company was found guilty of playing the ads at a much greater volume than the programming. That's DEFINITELY happening here too.. Wish they'd bleedin' do something about it! I HATE the ads!!!!!!! :blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye:

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2006, 12:41 AM
See, some of them are a wee bit entertaining. The current Guiness advert with the blokes metamorphing through time back to when they were insects is really well made. Nothing unusual for Guiness there though.:D

But I would agree on the volume issue. Doesn't seem to be a kept-to standard these days.:(

PACMAN
30th August 2006, 12:44 AM
Do you remmeber this ads quotes "if you see sid, tell him"

:I

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2006, 12:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by PACMAN

Do you remmeber this ads quotes "if you see sid, tell him"

:I

Brittish Gas.:approve:

euan
30th August 2006, 12:59 AM
My most hated one at the moment is the Kellogs (Rice Crispies?) one - "They're going to taste great" with the kid doing this stupid dance. I've not seen dancing like it since Crouch did the robot.

PACMAN
30th August 2006, 01:05 AM
quote:My most hated one at the moment is the Kellogs (Rice Crispies?) one - "They're going to taste great" with the kid doing this stupid dance. I've not seen dancing like it since Crouch did the robot.

that Kid is on my hit list :mad: i wonder if he is getting beating up at school for being annoying :blackeye:

Burple
30th August 2006, 01:26 AM
Got to say I'm with Bill Hicks on this - From one of his many sold out shows:
(cleaned up a lickle bitty)

"By the way, if anyone here is in advertising or marketing, kill yourself. Thank you, thank you. Just a little thought. I'm just trying to plant seeds. Maybe one day they'll take root. I don't know. You try. You do what you can. Kill yourselves. Seriously though, if you are, do. No really, there's no rationalisation for what you do, and you are Satan's little helpers, OK? Kill yourselves, seriously. You're the ruiner of all things good. Seriously, no, this is not a joke. "There's gonna be a joke coming..." There's no ***king joke coming, you are Satan's spawn, filling the world with bile and garbage, you are ***ked and you are ***king us, kill yourselves, it's the only way to save your ***king soul. Kill yourself, kill yourself, kill yourself now. Now, back to the show."

Damn he was good... :cool:

Big Col
30th August 2006, 03:43 AM
God rest 'im! :)

Scottie
30th August 2006, 04:12 AM
any ads with dogs in them as my boy James goes mad at them all.

Best ad at the moment has got to be the new Astra car excellent love it.

duncan
30th August 2006, 04:41 AM
I actually e-mailed Sunsilk after seeing their advert on the third consecutive ad break.
I basically told them it was the worst advert ever.

Its the one with some annoying Noo Yawker screams "Hello, Green" about some womans shampoo they should be using.

This was the answer:-

Thank you for your recent contact concerning the latest Sunsilk advertisement. This advertisement was developed following extensive research with a target audience who perceived the way in which the subject was handled as being humorous and in no way offensive.

Naturally, this advertisement is intended to appeal to the widest audience and we are sorry that this was not the case in this instance. However, we are grateful when people let us know their views, whether favourable or not. Your comments have been passed to our marketing team who will give them full consideration when reviewing our future advertising policy, so thank you very much for your valuable contribution.

In the meantime, thank you again for taking the time and trouble to contact us with your views.

Kind regards

Sunsilk Advisor

jayex
30th August 2006, 05:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by PACMAN

quote:My most hated one at the moment is the Kellogs (Rice Crispies?) one - "They're going to taste great" with the kid doing this stupid dance. I've not seen dancing like it since Crouch did the robot.

that Kid is on my hit list :mad: i wonder if he is getting beating up at school for being annoying :blackeye:

I hope so !!! - surely it would just be rude not to beat him :D something i dont think i would ever grow tired off !!:eek::eek:
yip also my most hated one at the moment too - what is that dance all about? :mad::dead:

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2006, 05:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

I actually e-mailed Sunsilk after seeing their advert on the third consecutive ad break.
I basically told them it was the worst advert ever.

Its the one with some annoying Noo Yawker screams "Hello, Green" about some womans shampoo they should be using.

This was the answer:-

Thank you for your recent contact concerning the latest Sunsilk advertisement. This advertisement was developed following extensive research with a target audience who perceived the way in which the subject was handled as being humorous and in no way offensive.

Naturally, this advertisement is intended to appeal to the widest audience and we are sorry that this was not the case in this instance. However, we are grateful when people let us know their views, whether favourable or not. Your comments have been passed to our marketing team who will give them full consideration when reviewing our future advertising policy, so thank you very much for your valuable contribution.

In the meantime, thank you again for taking the time and trouble to contact us with your views.

Kind regards

Sunsilk Advisor

You can just hear them all in the office having a good laugh at your letter and their reply. Then the screeching sound of the shredder jumping into life as your letter is "passed to the marketing department" in 20 x 3mm little peices.:D

duncan
30th August 2006, 05:21 AM
Exactly,

But it sure as hell makes you feel better after venting your spleen at their annoying advert!

james f
30th August 2006, 05:48 AM
for all like mw who hate the FROSRITES KID http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/frosty/ enjoy !!! :D

PACMAN
30th August 2006, 05:53 AM
brill :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

feel so much better now :approve:

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2006, 05:57 AM
Excellent. There gonna taste great - BANG! Ha ha! Love it.:D:D:D

X30YES
30th August 2006, 06:16 AM
Dont watch television so can only say my fav ad must be this Bud light one ,via the Inet
http://www.guzer.com/videos/candle_light.php

Burple
30th August 2006, 06:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by charlie croaker

for all like mw who hate the FROSRITES KID http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/frosty/ enjoy !!! :D

That's possibly the best ad I've ever seen!!! :D:D:D

PACMAN
30th August 2006, 06:45 AM
Angus :D:D:D:D it's brill

is that BBQ

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2006, 07:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Dont watch television so can only say my fav ad must be this Bud light one ,via the Inet
http://www.guzer.com/videos/candle_light.php

Saw that one a couple of months ago. Still really funny.:D:D:D

james f
30th August 2006, 08:32 AM
^^ lol good find angus

one of the few modern ads i love are the ruussian guys on the smirnoff ice adds

james f
30th August 2006, 08:36 AM
the worst part is there tons more http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/ and the best is http://www.weebls-stuff.com/wab/ that has amused me for years

Burple
30th August 2006, 05:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by charlie croaker

the worst part is there tons more http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/ and the best is http://www.weebls-stuff.com/wab/ that has amused me for years

Weebls Stuff is TeH R0x0r! :cool::cool::D
It's been amusing me for a couple of years too, along with Weebl and Bob (http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/) :D:D

Coop
30th August 2006, 09:17 PM
I'm joining the queue to kick sh*t oot of the Frosties kid.

Number one on my list of ads that make me angry is

'Quote me happy'

GRRRR!!!!! What is so happy about Norwich Union bumping up premiums and then when you leave them they do everything they can to make life difficult?! None of their 'advisors' have got anything between the ears and they don't understand customer service! :mad:

Ok sorry, rant over. I'm going for a lie down.

Burple
30th August 2006, 09:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Coop

'Quote me happy'

GRRRR!!!!! What is so happy about Norwich Union bumping up premiums and then when you leave them they do everything they can to make life difficult?! None of their 'advisors' have got anything between the ears and they don't understand customer service! :mad:

I've learned to ignore the car insurance adverts now. like 'quote me happy' and any others that say how much of a discount they could get you. The whole lot of them are useless to probably most of us on here anyway. THe first hint of any modification and the change their tune, suddenly they can't actually help you after all, cos you don't fit exactly in one of their little tick boxes. showers of ****s! :D
Same with all insurance companies tho. Their first priority is nowhere near saving you money! :evil:

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2006, 09:36 PM
And what about that pillock on the Cillit Bang advert.... WHY DOES HE HAVE TO SHOUT ALL THE TIME!!!!!?:mad::mad:

duncan
30th August 2006, 10:09 PM
Dont EVER have a go at Barry Scott.

He ROCKS! (http://www2.b3ta.com/images/rob/luckykazoo/media/cillitbang.swf)

WARNING clicking the link may result in an annoying advert to appear

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2006, 10:15 PM

Someone PLEASE have a go at Barry Scott. Throw ROCKS at him

:approve:

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2006, 10:21 PM

Dont EVER have a go at Barry Scott.

He ROCKS! (http://www2.b3ta.com/images/rob/luckykazoo/media/cillitbang.swf)

WARNING clicking the link may result in an annoying advert to appear

Have to say, thats actually quite funny.:D Still want to throw rocks at him.:approve:

PACMAN
31st August 2006, 02:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by Coop

'Quote me happy'

I Agree......cheap and useless .... quote me happy and F**k U over