PDA

View Full Version : New Model Option prices

OBN
29th August 2006, 10:40 PM
Paid a visit to the dealer today and got some option prices for a Cooper.

Met Paint - £280
Chili Pack in Air Con - £1875
White Indicators - £50
17" wheels with Chili pack - £390
ASC+t - £110
Multi function steering wheel - £170
Chromeline Interior - £100
Visibility Pack - £220
Front armrest - £110
Piano Black int. trim - £110
Auto Air con upgrade - £230
iPod connector - £195
Heated seats - £200

ianking
29th August 2006, 11:29 PM
I was in at a dealer yesterday dropping my car off and they said they didnt have any prices as yet and that they wouldnt know for some time. Perhaps they were just telling me porkies.

AndyP & Lenore
29th August 2006, 11:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

I was in at a dealer yesterday dropping my car off and they said they didnt have any prices as yet and that they wouldnt know for some time. Perhaps they were just telling me porkies.

Ian was that Dunedin, Selkirk?

X30YES
30th August 2006, 01:41 AM
CD with MP3 compatibility £290
Chili pack £1875
Climate control (upgrade on aircon std in Chili pack) £230
Colour line £90
DAB £280
DSC (incs. hill assist) £240
Fluid silver dash/doors £40 (price reduced with Chili pack)
Uprated hi-fi (10 spkrs, amp in boot) £320
Met paint £280
MFSW £170
Exterior mirror pack (electric folding and heated mirrors, heated washer jets) £160
PDC £210
Storage compartment package (various nets, 12V outlet in boot) £90
Visibility pack £220
Sat nav £1500 (or £1400 with Chili)
Second remote key - std.
Airbag deactivation - std.

My dealer has most of the info and prices to enable an R56 to be specced so I have just had a happy 90mins agreeing a spec for week 44 build.

The colours available for November build are limited. No DS or BRG until December. Nightfire Red and Lightning Blue are not available either. I wanted DS but have gone for Laser Blue for the moment.

Chilli pack has Crown Spoke 17inch wheels as standard. Anything else costs more starting at £70 for flame spoke.

No more HK, but there is a "Mini Stereo" upgrade to 10 speakers and amp in boot for £320

This was on M2 yesterday

Clare1
30th August 2006, 01:56 AM
Dealers all have the specifications and prices but we are still unable to order ANY R56 Cars through the MINI ordering system until tomorrow. System update delays...

Scottie
30th August 2006, 04:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

hill assist. to me hill assist stops the vehicle ruuning back when on a hill which comes when a car is a auto. take a Touareg its brings on the brakes and when you press the throtle you hear the
clunk taking the brakes off in any condition not available in manual . With the Discovery hill assist only works when you have a heavy load on tow say like the caravan but not a small trailer dose not come on when it's just the vehicle.

SO my question is this what is hill assist in a Mini

illegalhunter
30th August 2006, 04:10 AM
are you getting a new s then angus? how much plz list your spec plz iam going to have to wait 2 years for a new mini

Mon the fish
30th August 2006, 05:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

quote:Originally posted by X30YES

SO my question is this what is hill assist in a Mini

Pretty much the same as on the Touareg, except it does work on a manual. I think all new BMW's with DSC have it, my dad's 3 has it. It just grips the brakes a little bit once you release the handbrake, until you let the clutch out.

Scottie
30th August 2006, 05:30 AM
just checked my e-mails tonight and a dealer is offering me a delivery date as the 21st November but reckon they could get it for the 18th November.

H'mm

Gismo
30th August 2006, 06:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
just checked my e-mails tonight and a dealer is offering me a delivery date as the 21st November but reckon they could get it for the 18th November
H'mmItchy feet already Fi :p

The Dogfather
30th August 2006, 04:23 PM
So you looking at over £16 for a spec'd up Cooper, ouch!

ianking
30th August 2006, 05:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

quote:Originally posted by ianking

Ian was that Dunedin, Selkirk?

I wouldnt want to say which Borders mini dealership it was.......

illegalhunter
30th August 2006, 05:07 PM
I wonder how much the traveller will be i paid less for my first house than i did for my 06 cooper

bpirie1000
30th August 2006, 06:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

I wonder how much the traveller will be i paid less for my first house than i did for my 06 cooper

Yes there has to come a time where folk realise that it is only a car
The Amount of Minis that come and go on this site alone is quite something......

My view only........

KenL
30th August 2006, 08:48 PM
I can't believe the new MINI still has things like AC as an option. Pretty much standard now on all cars over £10k.

What do you get for the almost £2k in the chilli pack?

ianking
30th August 2006, 08:49 PM
You can get small japanese cars brand new like Daihatsu that all come with air con and start at only £6000.

Coop
30th August 2006, 08:58 PM
£195 for iPod adaptor??!! Pretty steep.

I agree with KenL - lots of cheaper cars have air con as standard. Why do BMW keep things poverty spec? Surely they can add in some of this stuff as standard fit? :question:

Big Col
30th August 2006, 09:09 PM
If they did do Aircon as standard I guarantee the basic price would go up by £300. :)

ianking
30th August 2006, 09:10 PM
remember when they put the CD in as standard the price went up.

KenL
30th August 2006, 09:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Coop

£195 for iPod adaptor??!! Pretty steep.

Total rip-off. I am getting a second car, (Toyota Aygo - don't laugh please :I. £40 road tax and combined mpg of >61mpg) even the base model of this car At £6k has an ipod adapter fitted FOC.

I am kind of interested in the new MINI to replace my Golf in a year or so but there are so many other cars which offer so much more for less money, even with the good depreciation of the MINI taken into account

KenL
30th August 2006, 09:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
If they did do Aircon as standard I guarantee the basic price would go up by £300. :)

That is better than charging £600 or so to the 90% (guess) of owners who spec it.

No doubt AC is standard in most market in the rest of the world. It is in the US where the cars are a lot cheaper than in the country they are made :disapprove:

ianking
30th August 2006, 09:27 PM
In the US CD player and Air Con were standard in the mini as soon as it was launched over there. I was speaking to an American guy a year or so ago and he bought a cooper auto from new with equivalent to our chilli pack and it cost him about £12k.

Duncan Stewart
31st August 2006, 09:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

I am getting a second car, (Toyota Aygo - don't laugh please :I. £40 road tax and combined mpg of >61mpg) even the base model of this car At £6k has an ipod adapter fitted FOC.

Fab little car :approve: I test drove a Pug 106 earlier this year - great fun :cool:
I was thinking that when my Mini is 3 years old I could buy a 106 new and keep the mini as well, for the same £6K it would cost me to replace the mini with a new one :eek:

KenL
1st September 2006, 06:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

quote:Originally posted by KenL

I am getting a second car, (Toyota Aygo - don't laugh please :I. £40 road tax and combined mpg of >61mpg) even the base model of this car At £6k has an ipod adapter fitted FOC.

Fab little car :approve: I test drove a Pug 106 earlier this year - great fun :cool:
I was thinking that when my Mini is 3 years old I could buy a 106 new and keep the mini as well, for the same £6K it would cost me to replace the mini with a new one :eek:

Thanks, picking it up tomorrow :p

The 106, C1 and Aygo are the same car. I liked the look of the Aygo best.

Paying £7050 for the SPORT:clown: version, £700 off list. Insurance is only £140 fully comp too.