PDA

View Full Version : R56 wheels?

Astrohaggis
29th August 2006, 09:48 AM
Quick question - will the wheels for the new new MINI fit my 2004 MCS?

(I've got 16" 5-spokes with F1s at the moment, and although I really like the JCW 18" alloys you can't get F1s for them, so if the new new wheels fit then I'll wait and see what alloys come out!).

Duncan Stewart
29th August 2006, 04:44 PM
99% sure they will as some of the wheels are carry over from the current model (parklane & checkmate wheels)

james f
29th August 2006, 08:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Astrohaggis

Quick question - will the wheels for the new new MINI fit my 2004 MCS?

(I've got 16" 5-spokes with F1s at the moment, and although I really like the JCW 18" alloys you can't get F1s for them, so if the new new wheels fit then I'll wait and see what alloys come out!).

but you can get yoko parda spec 2s and toyo proxes which both tbh are amzing in the dry but less so in the winter but having said that id go for avon z33s as an all rounder or some falkens

Smitty
30th August 2006, 07:33 AM
Yes they will, read an article in Top Gear stating that weight and dimensions were near enoough identical, meaning tyre/wheel size remianed the same, including the offset.

Hpe that helps!!:)

Crombers
31st August 2006, 04:09 AM
'S'spokes RULE :approve:

Astrohaggis
16th September 2006, 06:59 AM
Got some new info today - apparently the bolt sizes have changed so new wheels will NOT fit existing minis. (Info from a decent dealer). Rats. Guess there's not much reason to wait now.

What are your views on alpina alloys?

X30YES
16th September 2006, 08:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by Astrohaggis

Got some new info today - apparently the bolt sizes have changed so new wheels will NOT fit existing minis. (Info from a decent dealer). Rats. Guess there's not much reason to wait now.

What are your views on alpina alloys?
" We can confirm that the JCW/GP lug bolts are different from the standard MINI lug bolts. The JCW/GP bolt (pictured on the left in the image) is a finer thread/pitch and also has a larger thread/shaft diameter. The JCW/GP bolt is also slightly shorter than that of the stock MINI lug bolt on the right. The taper toward the head of the JCW/GP bolt also appears to flare out at less of an angle than stock however a standard 17 MM socket fits both for rotating and changing tires.We can’t confirm but have been told that all cars with factory JCW brakes built since June ‘06 are like this. We also can’t immediately say what this means to after market wheel options on the JCW/GP but we can only guess that they will most likely be limited due to the non-standard bolts.
Written By: Todd Motoring file 8th Sept 06

Full story here (http://motoringfile.com/2006/09/08/jcw-gp-lug-bolts-different-than-stock/#more-5152)

Clare1
16th September 2006, 05:02 PM
I am lead to believe that the Bolts will be the same (except for GP/JCW) on the R56 wheels.

Leave it with me, i'll confirm on monday. . . direct from MINI UK ;0)